• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
What would be the correct platform?

A part for a 140 characters or less apologize. Make a formal one? Go public in front cameras and make amends? Speak public to her? Like when he grab her in-front the cameras, bragging about it?

And please, go on, you can throw a couple of examples too.

No, I think he's referring to the Anne-Marie Losique incident, which was a staged bit.

Yes. You are correct.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I meant the video with Anne-Marie Losique, which she has said was staged and she was in on it.

He's apologised for one accusation. And nothing else damning has surfaced so far.
I guess time will show us if there's more to uncover.

The business with his brother should remain private. There's no question Ben's past behaviour has been gross, but nothing he's done seems irredeemable.

He might prove himself to be a lying shit, or he might confront himself and change. I'm happy to give him a chance to prove himself.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Wait

Who said anything he's done is good enough so far? Some appreciate that he might be taking some first steps. Is there a way to do this without it being a big PR sham?

Yeh, I haven't seen anyone saying it's good enough. Just that it's a good first step and some are willing to give him a chance to make a real change here.

Besides, he's going to be under a lot of scrutiny. He's going to have to change if he wants a career, in the current climate at least. And even if he isn't genuine the net result will have to be the same if he wants one.

At this point I think we should take the cross-airs off Ben for a moment and replace it with some serious side-eye.

Oct 27, 2017
After the callout by Rose McGowan, he also got accused of grabbing a woman's ass at at a Golden Globes party in 2014. The article Schopenhauerian posted above mentioned this better than I could.

Watching with great interest Ben's actions going forward if he is serious

A good start would be apologizing for, or at least even acknowledging, the assault allegations against yourself.

Yeah, that's an important point:

Annamarie Tendler wants an apology from Ben Affleck after he allegedly groped her at a Hollywood party... Comedy writer Jen Statsky, whose work includes "Broad City" and "Parks and Recreation," also responded to Tendler, saying she too attended the 2014 event. "I was also at this party and *multiple* friends had this same exact experience."
Annamarie Tendler's initial tweet has received 41K likes so far, so I'd say there's a good chance Affleck is aware of it, and (hopefully) also a good chance that one or more of the publications that wrote about it will do a follow-up story, at some point. One hopes by that time Affleck will have made an effort to convey a personal apology to those who have been hurt by his actions, particularly those who may have expressed publicly (or perhaps communicated privately) their interest in receiving an apology from him.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Wait

Who said anything he's done is good enough so far? Some appreciate that he might be taking some first steps. Is there a way to do this without it being a big PR sham?

It's a believe that I have, based on the behavior of this kind of people. I was referring to the people like him, Ben Affleck, who are people of means and power think that money is a solution for redemption of sorts.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't he basically a full alcoholic? I'd imagine this is part of his recovery process. I've only seen movies, but isn't apologizing to all people (not just harrased women) he's harmed part of the process?