• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so these have been added to the game's pages on various NoE websites (UK, France, etc) 2 days ago. i haven't seen them posted anywhere else so i thought i'd share them.

www.nintendo.co.uk

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

Help Special Agent Morgan solve a brand-new murder mystery in Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise, only for Nintendo Switch.

new screenshots: (there's more on the page, but they're not new)

nswitch_deadlypremontolj7p.jpg

nswitch_deadlypremontc6jk4.jpg

nswitch_deadlypremont9ckav.jpg

nswitch_deadlypremontrxk9k.jpg

nswitch_deadlypremoni3wks8.jpg

character profiles: (these characters are the "true detectives" of the game)

screenshot2020-06-14a99kyh.jpg

screenshot2020-06-14ahzjx7.jpg

screenshot2020-06-14at2k2w.jpg

screenshot2020-06-14aizk0g.jpg

THE CULT CLASSIC MYSTERY THRILLER RETURNS!

Seeds sprout. Roots take hold. Trees grow, covering all around in shadow.But even when light shines on the ground below, the roots remain, tendrils spiralling deeper into the darkness…and the story begins anew.

Dig deep and unearth the evil lurking beneath a seemingly innocent town in Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise, only for Nintendo Switch.

TWO CASES, ONE MYSTERY

Boston, 2019. FBI Special Agents Aaliyah Davis and Simon Jones, looking into a case long-thought solved, find themselves on the doorstep of a person of interest. Reports of a few missing bodies wouldn't normally interest the FBI, but something about this case just doesn't add up.

Despite having few leads to go on, the pair hope asking this person the right questions about the 'red tree' might get them somewhere. But as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for – some cases are best left closed…

Louisiana, 2005. series of strange murders has blighted the backwater town of Le Carré and the FBI sends one of its young recruits, Special Agent Francis York Morgan, to investigate. Befriended by the sheriff's daughter, who seems older than her years, the two soon set out together to find the truth.

On the surface, the peaceful town and its kind residents seem harmless enough. But a darkness grows beneath and, as casualties mount up, Special Agent Morgan must find those responsible before it swallows him too…

YOUR FUTURE IS YOUR PAST

Set both nine years after and five years before the original game, Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise features not one, but two protagonists. Lead them to discover an astonishing truth that will send both to the brink of madness.

In the present, unravel a cold case as Special Agent Davis through questioning, presenting evidence and reviewing key testimonies that reveal long-buried secrets.

In the past, help Special Agent Morgan investigate a spate of brutal murders. Explore Le Carré on foot or via skateboard, interact with its citizens, uncover clues and dabble in voodoo to discover the darker side of this seemingly peaceful town…

TIME TO SPARE
The town of Le Carré offers more than just a case for Special Agent Morgan to solve. From your base at the Casa Pineapple hotel, pick up requests from the locals that can bolster your hunt for the killer.

Alternatively, spend time enjoying some of the local pastimes:
  • Bowling: Head to Bar Alexus and bowl a few frames down the alley. A perfect score awaits…
  • Skipping Rocks: Embrace the calm and see how far you can skim stones across the water.
  • Bayou River Ride: Take a trip down the river and practice your shooting skills with targets (or alligators!).
  • Skateboarding: As well as using it to get around town, try out your skateboard skills against the clock.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Will you need to have done the first one before this? Don't have the time for both :(

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
You know, being a lower budget game coming from Swery it actually looks really nice. Im really liking the artstyle in those screenshots.

Loved the first game so i cant wait for this one.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Is this being published by Nintendo or something? I remember it being unclear when it was announced, but I haven't kept up to date with information since then.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
This game is both a sequel and a prequel, right? I wonder if we'll see Zach in some capacity. (DP1 spoilers)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is both a sequel and a prequel, right? I wonder if we'll see Zach in some capacity. (DP1 spoilers)
Zach is a big character in the game. he's the person the new FBI agents (Davis and Jones) are questioning in the 2019 sections of the game about the unfinished case from 2005. he has the same two-color eyes and has Emily's necklace around his wrist. (source)

screenshot1rmkq7.jpg

03zykv2.jpg

02sfkcy.jpg

Last edited:

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
zach is a big character in the game. he's the person the new FBI agents (Davis and Jones) are questioning in the 2019 sections of the game about the unfinished case from 2005. he has the same two-color eyes as zach and has emily's necklace aroun his wrist. (source)

screenshot1rmkq7.jpg

03zykv2.jpg

02sfkcy.jpg
Holy shit, I've seen that trailer multiple times and I never realized that was him.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Is this being published by Nintendo or something? I remember it being unclear when it was announced, but I haven't kept up to date with information since then.
It's being published by Rising Star and distributed by Nintendo in NA and PAL. Not quite sure about the situation in Japan. Doesn't seem to have a physical version, but Nintendo isn't publishing. It's either Rising Star or Toybox themselves. Nintendo might be publishing in SEA and ME though, but it's possible that report got publishing/distribution mixed up.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Zach is a big character in the game. he's the person the new FBI agents (Davis and Jones) are questioning in the 2019 sections of the game about the unfinished case from 2005. he has the same two-color eyes and has Emily's necklace around his wrist. (source)

screenshot1rmkq7.jpg

03zykv2.jpg

02sfkcy.jpg
Holy shit.

Man, this game is gonna be a wild ride. Can't wait.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they new agents are TOTALLY gonna try to pin the 2005 murders on york/zach, true detective style.

It's being published by Rising Star and distributed by Nintendo in NA and PAL. Not quite sure about the situation in Japan. Doesn't seem to have a physical version, but Nintendo isn't publishing. It's either Rising Star or Toybox themselves. Nintendo might be publishing in SEA and ME though, but it's possible that report got publishing/distribution mixed up.
in japan the game is digital-only and is self-published by toybox. all physical versions seem to be handled by nintendo.

Last edited:

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think I'll be able to play this without playing the first? Would a story summary be ok?

I love Twin Peaks so this always appealed but I really struggled with the jank in the first game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think I'll be able to play this without playing the first? Would a story summary be ok?

I love Twin Peaks so this always appealed but I really struggled with the jank in the first game.
i don't think so, you'll miss out on a lot here if you haven't played the original. try watching a let's play if you can't handle playing the game itself because of the jank (which honestly isn't THAT bad). if you love twin peaks, you'll really love the original. this one has more true detective vibes than twin peaks.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
they new agents are TOTALLY gonna try to pin the 2005 murders on york/zach, true detective style.

in japan the game is digital-only and is self-published by toybox. all physical versions seem to be handled by nintendo.
That's what I figured based on Origins, but I know some links on the JP shop aren't quite right. I remember one for TSA listed Marvelous as the maker for a while and the copyright for DP2 is split between Marvelous/Rising Star only developed by Toybox.

Was there ever any clarification on ME/SEA? I'm inclined it's just distribution too because iirc the source was a supply chain, but the article did claim Nintendo was publishing and I'm not sure Rising Star has anything outside of NA/PAL.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's what I figured based on Origins, but I know some links on the JP shop aren't quite right. I remember one for TSA listed Marvelous as the maker for a while and the copyright for DP2 is split between Marvelous/Rising Star only developed by Toybox.

Was there ever any clarification on ME/SEA? I'm inclined it's just distribution too because iirc the source was a supply chain, but the article did claim Nintendo was publishing and I'm not sure Rising Star has anything outside of NA/PAL.
nintendo soup (lol) was most likely confusing distribution and publishing. and those markets don't have their own eshop stores anyway, people there use other stores where rising star is the publisher. makes little sense for nintendo to be the publisher specifically in those regions.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
nintendo soup (lol) was most likely confusing distribution and publishing. and those markets don't have their own eshop stores anyway, people there use other stores where rising star is the publisher. makes little sense for nintendo to be the publisher specifically in those regions.
Honestly I'm just amazed it's getting a release in those regions. I know they've skipped them in the past with niche games like TSA.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Better artistic direction than the first one for sure. Hope performance and gameplay are also improved.

Story will most certainly be insane.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Got it, sorry!
I would say that refresh its memory before the sequel hits is a good idea
Yeah, I'll have to at least swing by the Greenvale police department, maybe get a bite at the local diner, see what kind of delicacies they have on offer. Hopefully nothing too weird.
I'm totally gonna play it again, aren't I?

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Can't believe this is just a month away. Probably gotta read some DP story recaps as it's been quite a few years since I played it.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know how long the time exclusive is on Switch?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I took advantage on the e-shop sale and bought the frist one recently, as soon as I'm done with Xenoblade I'll start and finish it in order to be caught up, I should have plenty of time, but the size of Xenoblade kinda makes me worried despite having played 65+ hours already.

I've watched all seasons of Twin Peaks a few months ago for the first time so this seems weirdly fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.