• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Push Square, it's looking like it'll just be a timed exclusive?

Like Jesus-H-Christ how much more salt can you get from a PS fansite

Deadly Premonition, the-so-bad-it's-good-but-really-it's-still-rubbish cult hit from last generation, is getting a sequel – on the Nintendo Switch.
"so-bad-it's-good-but-really-it's-still-rubbish" ..... rightttt

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
it's been confirmed as an exclusive so not sure if i'd take the word of a PS fansite over tweets from the western publisher and the japanese trailer saying it's switch only. if it does come to other platforms tho, that's awesome.
i am not sure why are you shrugging it off because of the website posted, what matters is who said it, and that is the co-founder.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah i guess the source is valid, we'll see what happens. i think it's most likely a timed exclusive too, but until it's officially announced that just causes thread derailment imo. just wait until it's officially announced.
edit: also launch exclusivity could mean a PC port later (like octopath), so that website could be jumping the gun.

they'll probably change their tone from now on when covering the game :)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This hardly constitutes as derailing. This is a thread about Deadly Premonition 2, and the thread title explicitly states that it's an exclusive, yet the Rising Star Games co-founder seems to be stating otherwise. If he's wrong then that's fine, but I think it's worth investigating further.

Also, you'd do well to tone down the unnecessary passive aggressiveness.

There is no unnecessary passive aggression at all from me, I was merely echoing the dozens of similar comments you've made in the past. It might be a timed exclusive, but right now the word is that it is an exclusive and I think that the thread would be more welcoming without this derailing.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
There is no unnecessary passive aggression at all from me, I was merely echoing the dozens of similar comments you've made in the past. It might be a timed exclusive, but right now the word is that it is an exclusive and I think that the thread would be more welcoming without this derailing.

No, see, you're equating my post with somebody who goes into an announcement thread and bluntly asks "Where is the [insert platform here] version?", which is not what I'm doing. I'm posting new information from the co-founder of Rising Star Games that runs counter to what is stated in the thread title.

But if that upsets you and you interpret it as a derailing then maybe someone should make a separate thread about it.

"so-bad-it's-good-but-really-it's-still-rubbish" ..... rightttt

Well they reviewed the PS3 version and were hardly ecstatic about it.

OP
OP
Cow

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate comments about the status of exclusivity. I would personally rather have it on PS4, but will not be waiting if it is a timed exclusive. Exclusivity was the second question I had after the question of whether Swery is directing. I am sure most had the same 2 questions.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
yeah i guess the source is valid, we'll see what happens. i think it's most likely a timed exclusive too, but until it's officially announced that just causes thread derailment imo. just wait until it's officially announced.
edit: also launch exclusivity could mean a PC port later (like octopath), so that website could be jumping the gun.

I agree. As long as it's not officially announced, there is point in discussing it here. The users who hate port-begging should not be hypocrites and should not attempt to derail the thread. Gotta practice what you preach. And there is truth that it could still be console-exclusive to Switch with a PC release like you said. Speculation about further platforms at this point is a waste of time.

Besides, wasn't the original game not received well on other platforms? Swery wanted the Director's Cut to be a bigger success, but the PS3 exclusive didn't do much better than the X360 one, right? So it's not surprising if DP2 never gets ported to other platforms. It'll be exclusive for the same reason as the Collection of Mana and Moon -- being that the games are only viable BECAUSE of the Switch platform.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Jesus christ.

This is hardly the first time a messaging of exclusivity was not entirely accurate - and that subsequent clarifications were shared to reveal the nature of what the detail is.

Regardless of who found it out by reaching out to the publisher ( oh, it's a PS fansite hur hur ) - it generated additional information for this thread and for this game that came from a direct person with accountability on the matter and more information is always a good thing.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Jesus christ.

This is hardly the first time a messaging of exclusivity was not entirely accurate - and that subsequent clarifications were shared to reveal the nature of what the detail is.

Regardless of who found it out by reaching out to the publisher ( oh, it's a PS fansite hur hur ) - it generated additional information for this thread and for this game that came from a direct person with accountability on the matter and more information is always a good thing.

Thank you for, once again, being the voice of reason.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that the site is making their own news. "The dev says it's exclusive, which sounds like it's multiplatform to us" is absolutely nothing.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I agree. As long as it's not officially announced, there is point in discussing it here. The users who hate port-begging should not be hypocrites and should not attempt to derail the thread. Gotta practice what you preach. And there is truth that it could still be console-exclusive to Switch with a PC release like you said. Speculation about further platforms at this point is a waste of time.

Besides, wasn't the original game not received well on other platforms? Swery wanted the Director's Cut to be a bigger success, but the PS3 exclusive didn't do much better than the X360 one, right? So it's not surprising if DP2 never gets ported to other platforms. It'll be exclusive for the same reason as the Collection of Mana and Moon -- being that the games are only viable BECAUSE of the Switch platform.

I assume this is referring to me. I'm not port-begging. I didn't even like the first game and there are posts from years ago on the old site where I've expressed my immense dislike of Deadly Premonition. I'm just posting new news that appears to come from a valid source, that's it.

exactly, coming from someone who's this bothered by port begging, it's hard not see the hypocrisy.

screenshot2019-09-05a9bjhs.png

Oh my god, this is so unbelievably pathetic.

Last edited:

Riven

Oct 27, 2017
I am playing DP on the Switch and cannot figure out if the textures are worse on the Switch, but it has been years since I last played it and the textures may be this bad to begin with hahaha. I was on the bridge where you first meet the sheriff and the water was solid blue, it did not appear to have any texture or transparency to it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
i just vaguely remembered that poster complaining about port begging in the past and searched to confirm it.

That's six posts from over a year ago, likely from around the time when the "SWITCH VERSION WHEN?!" shitposting was at its worst

There's absolutely no need to be this petty

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
i just vaguely remembered that poster complaining about port begging in the past and searched to confirm it.

But he wasn't poet begging though. Just shared some news about the game potentially not being a full exclusive. Nothing else. The man did not even liked the first game.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is link article not port begging.
There's absolutely no need to be this petty
i think that there is a big difference between linking an article with a quote from the co-founder and actual port begging.
But he wasn't poet begging though. Just shared some news about the game potentially not being a full exclusive. Nothing else. The man did not even liked the first game.
you're right, my bad. i apologize to Acquiescence
that was a very uncool thing i did

ara

Oct 26, 2017
you're right, my bad. i apologize to Acquiescence
that was a very uncool thing i did

Here's a little jingle to always remember the difference

here let me give you a little inkling
what's all fine and good is article linking
it's actually port begging
that needs some fukin blasting n wrecking

I'm sorry, this is the worst thing I've written in years

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I appreciate comments about the status of exclusivity. I would personally rather have it on PS4, but will not be waiting if it is a timed exclusive. Exclusivity was the second question I had after the question of whether Swery is directing. I am sure most had the same 2 questions.
I bet you 10 quid and a pack of chewits you'll be disappointed with this.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Waiting for some in depth performance reporting, on YouTube preferably, before buying the orginal. Sounds like it might be a wait for patch because of the audio.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah i'm waiting for a patch or two before buying it too. you never know with some publishers, some games just don't get patched.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
How is the port of the first one ? Did people experience big bugs yet ? Crashes ?

Stay on topic, stop antagonising each other

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
Stop making personal attacks, antagonising and assuming the worst of each other at all times. Get back to discussing Deadly Premonition games

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
How is the port of the first one ? Did people experience big bugs yet ? Crashes ?

I played for 2-3 hours and the only big issue I've run into is the audio completely cutting out at times. The first time it came back a few minutes later but the second time it still hasn't.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Is the switch port kind of remastered or just ported from last gen consoles? Is there any difference between playing it on ps3 and switch? Better controls, graphics/whatever?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damn! Just saw it's confirmed exclusive to the Switch. I can't imagine Nintendo is helping to fund this. But then why make it exclusive?

Oh, just saw skitzo's post. Guess I'll hold off to see if the first game gets patched.