• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's in so-bad-it's-good territory, so that's obviously something that's going to be divisive, especially when gameplay isn't its strong suit.

If you're into weird shit, you're absolutely going to love it. It has so much charm and tons of little details that you wouldn't expect in a budget title like this.

You'll really have to try it yourself.
No it's not. It's legit good.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely pleasantly surprised to see Swery confirmed! Was absolutely not sure at all how to react since I was so sure he wouldn't be involved given what he said when he left the company. Huh.

Not sure I can make time for replaying the original anytime soon - I played through it on PS3 maybe 6 or 7 years ago now? - but I'd like to do so as well, now that I've actually seen Twin Peaks, hmm.

Deleted member 6769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Insane! Day one for sure. The Missing was so heartfelt and full of charm, I'll follow Swery & his team wherever they go.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even played the first game yet (that will change soon), but I am so happy for you all. Brings a tear to my eye. Seems like no one thought a sequel would happen?

I did play D4 and LOVED it!!

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Please be coming to Xbox sometime!

I need this to complete my Swery collection.
DP, D4, The Missing and The Good Life are all on Xbox or announced in The Good Life's case.

I need another good FK.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
No it's not. It's legit good.
There's a lot of janky shit that not everyone will be able to overcome, even people who love the game will tell you that. Like trying to navigate when driving for one, a lot of people are gonna compare it to games from today and be like "what the fuck this is awful"

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought DP on Switch. Quadruple dipped. They could just re-release this every year and I'd be happy.

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
My second kid was born today and everyone's healthy. And a sequel to my favourite game of all time was announced. This was a crazy day. The best day ever. So happy. :)

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, I've never been happier or more surprised than I am at this announcement. Deadly Premonition is such a special game. Playing it when it first released, before it had developed its cult status, felt like knowing this amazing secret. This $20 360 game that looked like it could've been on the PS2 but had a batshit insane (but fantastic) story.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
There's a lot of janky shit that not everyone will be able to overcome, even people who love the game will tell you that. Like trying to navigate when driving for one, a lot of people are gonna compare it to games from today and be like "what the fuck this is awful"
It was awful back in 2010.

Game is still a masterpiece. Bad RE4 clone sections included.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Any word on the quality of the port of first game? I'm staring at it on the shop and gave always wanted to play it but I hear there is a bad PC version and if this is that it may not be worth it

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
What is so special about this? What am I missing?

On the direct I saw a low budget mediocre game, why is this getting so much attention and blowing peoples heads?

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
It's really crazy that we're getting a sequel 10 years later. I'm expecting the same janky charm "so bad it's good" the 1st game had but I'm hoping for a genuinely good game in all aspects :p

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
The Good Life wasn't coming to Xbox but then they made a deal to port it for Gamepass.

Phil, do what's right and give me another dose of York!

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What do you mean? I don't remember having too much trouble navigating while driving at all. But, it's been a while since I've played through DP

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing news. I hope SWERY is involved somehow. I might have to grab the original on Switch just to play in my off-time during Fantastic Fest.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
What do you mean? I don't remember having too much trouble navigating while driving at all
It's been soooo long since I played it, I remember the driving being janky as hell and the map not making a lot of sense, like it moved around or something depending on where you were facing and you couldn't zoom it out? It was something like that. You just had to hope you were going in the right direction.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
It's been soooo long since I played it, I remember the driving being janky as hell and the map not making a lot of sense, like it moved around or something depending on where you were facing and you couldn't zoom it out? It was something like that.
Yeah, you can't zoom out very far, and the car will randomly veer to one side if you're driving straight. It's amazing.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is so special about this? What am I missing?

On the direct I saw a low budget mediocre game, why is this getting so much attention and blowing peoples heads?

Is hard to explain, but I'll try:

Gameplay wise is a very mediocre game, is just mechanically rough. But in it's heart is an amazing experience, with an engaging story and lot of charm. Is really inspired by Twin Peaks and offers a wide array of unique and interesting characters, situations and a batshit crazy plot that will keep you in your toes. Is definetly not for everyone, but is a game that clicked with many people for a reason.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you play on PS3? Cause I think they redid the map for that port. Could be wrong since I only played on 360.

I played on PC.

It's been soooo long since I played it, I remember the driving being janky as hell and the map not making a lot of sense, like it moved around or something depending on where you were facing and you couldn't zoom it out? It was something like that.

646572-deadly-premonition-the-director-s-cut-windows-screenshot-the.jpg

It zoomed out, and I just remember it needing you to figure out your path on your own instead of giving you a line to follow. The driving was janky though for sure, but that's kind of everything in the game

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news, never thought we'd get a sequel but man that is almost a system seller right there for me

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
This has been the real story of this Direct for me, even with SNK now part of Smash via Terry.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I am feeling the surprise hype that I felt when Nier Automata was announced. Maximum surprise hype that shouldn't exist but defies all logic and reason!