• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
In a clip from the live stream on Twitch user SmaceTRON's channel, deadmau5 (real name Joel Zimmerman) appears to be frustrated over another player "stream sniping" - meaning that they watched his screen to find his location and relay it to their team member. "Is that some fucking cock-sucking stream sniper f**," he says during his outburst.
Source

He answered later on with this post on reddit, saying

deadmau5 said:
it wasn't "directed at an entire group of people who have a sexual orientation that differs from my own" fuck off with that shit. i know who i am, and i dont have to fucking sit here and cry and defend my fuckingself with the obligatory "IM NOT THAT PERSON, I AM SORRY" reflex.

DzQjWi_WoAENFVU.jpg:large

The edm article follows

Zimmerman's longstanding penchant for abrasive humor has taken an especially controversial turn as of late. In October of last year he made remarks considered transphobic by some, only to call a Slushii song "autistic shit" a matter of days later. He subsequently announced a Twitter hiatus, and his account is now overseen by a member of his team.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
"It was the other persons fault for making a big deal about it" is some galaxy brain level of defense

Everything about that reddit post just makes it even worse.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is it really that hard to just... not say it

Or even apologise properly if you do? Seems like such a stupid hill to die on.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You have to be a piece of shit to use the heated gaming moment argument

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, even if he hadn't used the f-word, saying something like cocksucker doesn't even make sense in that context because there's no submissive relationship involved.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, that poor guy can't even use homophobic slurs in a heated gaming moment without suffering the consequences of such a stupid act ='(

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
What game was he playing. In it near impossible to predict if you're in the same persons game on a br or even random matchmaking?

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Calling out the double standards for who gets what punishments is one thing when they just went through the drama of an off camera domestic violence issue and took forever to get that taken care of. Going full on "I thought this was just video games and hanging out" and putting this on someone out for attention is just ridiculous. Enjoy the ban.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What game was he playing. In it near impossible to predict if you're in the same persons game on a br or even random matchmaking?

IF you live local or change your IP and queue as soon as they do, it's pretty easy to do.

But at the same time doesn't really warrant the comments either way.

Until twitch takes some action against him, this doesn't really mean anything sadly.

They should either demonetise his streams or ban him, then there is some real consequences for saying homophobic shit.

Learn to read.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There's a high chance that anyone who slips these words out when angry uses them in their go to insult kit, or it wouldn't just slip out.

I know words like this, the n-word, etc... are hateful, hurtful, and do incredible harm. So I never use them, even when seething with rage. Not once in my entire life have these types of words slipped out of my mouth.

These people wouldn't think the words were wrong if others weren't telling them they are.

Of course, we all have our pasts. It's possible that a person has grown past behaviors like these, and slips when angry could happen. If that truly were the case then they would be far more apologetic, and it would be apparent they understand the use of the word is so hurtful.

The fact is, many people don't understand/believe these words are as bad as people tell them, and the only reason they avoid them is so they don't get called out.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Twitch is where Z-listers careers go to die. It was only inevitable for this dude to crack.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guy is an excellent musician but such a whiny idiot online. It feels like all he does is complain, insult games and opponents, criticize other producers for doing things differently from him, etc.. This isn't surprising in the least, to be honest. He's like the textbook definition of separating the art from the artist, because his music is impressive, but the person really ain't.

Unrelated to gaming but my "favourite" was the fact that he criticized all those producers who jumped on the dubstep bandwagon as soon as that genre became popular. It was particularly funny, given he literally fucking did the same on an album around those times.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rod Breslau chimed in by stating that calling someone a "fucking cock-sucking stream sniper f*g" should not be ban-worthy given the "context and intent", and that Twitch has become a "battleground" for what can or cannot be said.

qqsfdsfdf1uksk.png

Source
Fuck that guy even more.
He defended PDP when he said/did racist shit all the time and blamed the "mainstream media" for PDPs bad reputation.

MoneyTalks45

Nov 15, 2017
"Battleground platform" or not, Twitch isn't a utility. No one has a right to it, and if they want to eliminate certain language or behavior from their platform, they are well within their own right to do so.

Now they just need to be consistent about it.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's better or worse that he came out and said he didn't care vs giving a half assed apology, but it's certainly more satisfying to see him show his ass.

Rod Breslau chimed in by stating that calling someone a "fucking cock-sucking stream sniper f*g" should not be ban-worthy given the "context and intent", and that Twitch has become a "battleground" for what can or cannot be said.

qqsfdsfdf1uksk.png

Source

What an awful take.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch is where Z-listers careers go to die. It was only inevitable for this dude to crack.
I'm all for people being exposed but can someone explain to me what a z list career is? Because if I'm reading the implication correctly and it's that he didn't matter, dude was fairly fucking big for a decently long time there's no denying that.

I'd say someone largely irrelevant who came out a piece of shit is that Pogo guy who made Disney remixes.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You'd be surprised at how good some are at stream sniping in BR games. But it's fairly simple you essentially change to their region, wait for them to que up and then figure out from stuff like the kill feed or the fly over path if you're in their game, if not repeat.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
He calls him an asshat in his "apology"

So why not call him an asshat when he's offending you?

You're not homophobic but you use f*g as an insult? How does that work?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised Twitch did something as they've had a tendency to let this kind of thing slide when it comes to bigger name streamers.

Pleasantly surprised, mind, because I'd say it was the right thing to do. Now they just need to be more consistent with shit like this.

qqsfdsfdf1uksk.png
This is some daft shite from Breslau too, albeit not surprising given what I've seen from him in the past.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance. What an idiot. That reddit post in defence is just laughably awful.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Why does he refer to the guy as an asshat in his response?
I mean he's a cocksucking f***** apparently.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
deadmau5: i dont have to fucking sit here and cry and defend my fuckingself with the obligatory "IM NOT THAT PERSON, I AM SORRY" reflex.

Also deadmau5: I know who I am

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
People who still use the words f** and n***** are immature twats, nothing more nothing less, how hard is it to just say other bad words like fuck, asshole, shit or any other insult instead

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Deadmau5 makes a tit out of himself again? Shocker.

qqsfdsfdf1uksk.png

Source

Slasher being a tone deaf moron again? Shocker.

Oct 26, 2017

qqsfdsfdf1uksk.png

Source
Twitch not promoting homophobic views -> "twitch becoming the battleground platform for what can or cannot be said". Imagine complaining that your friend got fired from work, cause their boss overheard them being homophobic

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

qqsfdsfdf1uksk.png

Source

Wait... So how does that work? So he obviously shouldn't call that word to people while playing games on a streaming platform? But he can't be punished for it? How are you gonna enforce that rule without punishment?