• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Spectre is in contention for the worst Bond film. QoS is a film with issues, but some really great highs as well.

Spectre is a completely average movie that tries way too hard to retroactively insert Blofeld into the Craig canon, but it's not even close to being the worst Bond movie. Some of the older films are genuinely shit, Spectre is just a generic 'best of Bond'.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Again, has there been any sequel to a comedy that's been as good as the first?
22 Jump Street
Shrek 2
Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me
Austin Powers: Goldmember
Toy Story 2
Rush Hour 2
American Pie 2
Clerks 2
Scary Movie 2
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Hangover Part 2

I googled the top ones. Comedy is subjective, but I think most would agree with this list.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Well, they still have time to edit some scenes before the official release.

Will wait to watch it myself, don't care that much for preview's reactions.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
22 Jump Street
Shrek 2
Toy Story 2
Rush Hour 2
American Pie 2
Clerks 2
Scary Movie 2
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Hangover Part 2

I googled the top ones. Comedy is subjective, but I think most would agree with this list.

I agree with the first 5, but not really the other 6.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I hate it when the studios are forcing the movies to be longer just to get more money from the tickets.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I would not even be surprised. Novelty comedy hits that surprise everyone like the first Deadpool are notoriously hard in recapturing that lightning in the bottle.

It's especially hard when the director behind the first hit is jettisoned from the project in a very public way.

And now this long runtime, which comedy-dominant movies should typically avoid as to not overstay their welcome or dilute their own product with too many jokes, is also a really really bad sign.

And the marketing genius tying the first one to Valentines Day and playing off as a parody of romantic films (and not just superhero films) looks to be diminished from this one, transforming DP from something that was unique in the CBM world to another big budget, action sequel with "quips" that's trying to live up to expectations of the original.

I'm more surprised at people being surprised or even bewildered if DP2 sucks or is disappointing.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Eh, I hate it when the studios are forcing the movies to be longer just to get more money from the tickets.

More money from tickets by making it so that the film can have fewer screenings? I'm not sure how that works.

Yeah wouldn't it be the opposite

And hate to invoke the name, but think something like WB forcing Justice League to be under 2 hours is more making a change for better ticket sales... and that worked

Oct 25, 2017
Spectre is a completely average movie that tries way too hard to retroactively insert Blofeld into the Craig canon, but it's not even close to being the worst Bond movie. Some of the older films are genuinely shit, Spectre is just a generic 'best of Bond'.
Quantum of Solace had the decency to be under 2 hours. Spectre had nothing to say and played out like an epic. It's a straight up bad movie from the second Bond tries to beat up the guy flying the helicopter he just jumped into.

Oct 25, 2017
I would not even be surprised. Novelty comedy hits that surprise everyone like the first Deadpool are notoriously hard in recapturing that lightning in the bottle.

It's especially hard when the director behind the first hit is jettisoned from the project in a very public way.

And now this long runtime, which comedy-dominant movies should typically avoid as to not overstay their welcome or dilute their own product with too many jokes, is also a really really bad sign.

And the marketing genius tying the first one to Valentines Day and playing off as a parody of romantic films (and not just superhero films) looks to be diminished from this one, transforming DP from something that was unique in the CBM world to another big budget, action sequel with "quips" that's trying to live up to expectations of the original.

I'm more surprised at people being surprised or even bewildered if DP2 sucks or is disappointing.
And the thing with Deadpool is, for all of its subversion, it didn't stray all that far from formula, so I'd imagine the sequel does it less so.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Guess I pissed off the Deadpool Juggalos:
hYOQ2mB.png

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
imagine getting that upset because someone said something bad about a comic book movie you haven't even seen.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
imagine getting that upset because someone said something bad about a comic book movie you haven't even seen.

I'm 90% it's a guy named Adam Heatherly using Opera's free VPN to make his IP look like Canada instead of the midwest where he lives.

He posts as The_Coon on many forums, including TFN and Blu-Ray.com, and TFN bans all his socks that he uses a VPN to get on the forum with. In 2013 he started harassing me on Furious Fanboys. This is around the time he threatened to rape and murder Devin Faraci's family.

Then when MSW dropped the Luke spoiler he started harassing Jason Ward and sending him death threats. He somehow got Indie Revolver's phone number and called them demanding they debunk the Luke thing.

After TFA released he started harassing Warner Bros over BvS on YouTube and threatened to blow up the studio. That got his channel banned. More recently he's been harassing he Tosche Station people by posting harassment to their GoodReads accounts and website contact forms.

Back in September he was harassing me on my blog using spoofed emails. But I managed to get his IP address and report it to Verizon. It was a VPN. Now he's back with a new VPN spoofing Canadian IPs.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
22 Jump Street
Shrek 2
Toy Story 2
Rush Hour 2
American Pie 2
Clerks 2
Scary Movie 2
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Hangover Part 2

I really don't agree with Goldmember myself. Shrek 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2 I would easily agree with that those are better. Rest are bit harder to say, but atleast those aren't big dips in quality either.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
22 Jump Street
Shrek 2
Toy Story 2
Rush Hour 2
American Pie 2
Clerks 2
Scary Movie 2
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Hangover Part 2

This list has some decent to great choices, but Clerks 2? I loved the 1st Clerks, it's one of my fave comedies, and IMO Clerks 2 is nowhere near as good.

RandomHopeInc

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I'm sure these reshoots are just an elaborate way of marketing, like "lol guys we're doing reshoots just like the blockbusters". The screening was all a ruse, the real movie is yet to be recorded :0

JK

Zubalon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
I hate Deadpool ...suffered for the first movie ...was mhhh about it after . Glad the sequel sucks won't have to hear about why its good and Im stupid that I don' like it !!

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
I'm 90% it's a guy named Adam Heatherly using Opera's free VPN to make his IP look like Canada instead of the midwest where he lives.

He posts as The_Coon on many forums, including TFN and Blu-Ray.com, and TFN bans all his socks that he uses a VPN to get on the forum with. In 2013 he started harassing me on Furious Fanboys. This is around the time he threatened to rape and murder Devin Faraci's family.

Then when MSW dropped the Luke spoiler he started harassing Jason Ward and sending him death threats. He somehow got Indie Revolver's phone number and called them demanding they debunk the Luke thing.

After TFA released he started harassing Warner Bros over BvS on YouTube and threatened to blow up the studio. That got his channel banned. More recently he's been harassing he Tosche Station people by posting harassment to their GoodReads accounts and website contact forms.

Back in September he was harassing me on my blog using spoofed emails. But I managed to get his IP address and report it to Verizon. It was a VPN. Now he's back with a new VPN spoofing Canadian IPs.
Jesus, I'm so sorry. He sounds mentally ill.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
You're all crazy. None of those movies are as good as the original. Stop reaching and just accept that comedy sequels are doomed to fall short of their predecessors.
GotG2 is way better than GotG1. It might be an inferior comedy with inferior jokes, but in every possible way that a movie can be measured it is by far superior.

(Including by the measure of not calling your female lead a whore in a way that fails to make sense on multiple levels.)

Oct 25, 2017
GotG2 is way better than GotG1. It might be an inferior comedy with inferior jokes, but in every possible way that a movie can be measured it is by far superior.

(Including by the measure of not calling your female lead a whore in a way that fails to make sense on multiple levels.)
At this point we're arguing our subjective opinions.

I think not only is GotG2 worse than the original in most ways (plot, humor, structure, pacing, action, character), I think it's a bad movie and the worst MCU entry. I'm never going convince anyone of that. You either feel that way or you don't.

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017

The fuck hell no

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point we're arguing our subjective opinions.

I think not only is GotG2 worse than the original in most ways (plot, humor, structure, pacing, action, character), I think it's a bad movie and the worst MCU entry. I'm never going convince anyone of that. You either feel that way or you don't.

Worse than Iron Man 2 & The Incredible Hulk? Breh.

Status
Not open for further replies.