• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Its a little depressing that Cable, in fucking goofy deadpool 2, is the best terminator we've seen on screen since the 90s.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been one thing if they made a wolverine joke but it seems pointless to make them the same character when they have different personalities and powers

But probably something for the sequel
I think it's more like, that there's only one Yukio in the comic books, and so The Wolverine made one interpretation of her, and Deadpool 2 made another interpretation of her.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Another post credits idea they had was for Deadpool to piss on Shatterstar's grave, and to give Peter a prosthetic arm:

"We were always thinking of stuff during the shoot, like what could we have for post-credits? One of my favorite ones was Deadpool was dumping out Hennessy on all of the X-Force's graves, and then he comes to Shatterstar and you hear a zip and he's urinating. That would've been fun. We had another one where Peter survived and he had a prosthetic arm."

More at Collider.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Saw it this morning. Loved it.

Jokes hit with the audience really well.

I missed the Stan Lee cameo. Was the Thanos line from the trailers in there?

The X-Men scene of Beast closing the door was great. End credit scenes were amazing.

Would love to see how a DP3 or X- Force movie folded into the MCU would be. How DP would react to the characters.

Since Ryan really wants it happen, getting Hugh in a movie with him as Wolverine would be fun. I think I recall Hugh saying he would like to play Wolverine if he could be in a MCU movie.

Spidey / DP / Wolverine teamup?

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well looks like it wasn't different at all from the test screening I saw in March outside of the addition of that short opening action montage of Wade taking on jobs across the world, maybe 3-5 lines being changed out, different musical score at points, and the VFX being done obviously. 90% the same thing.

I thought they had added some stuff for X Force to do but it looks like that was just a marketing swerve for the trailers. I don't think the Brad Pitt as Vanisher cameo was in my test screening though.

Overall I still feel the same, it was decent, def liked the first better though. Killing Vanessa for most of the movie was wack though. I'm glad the writers invalidated their whole movie with the time travel shenanigans because that kind of junk needs to end.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well looks like it wasn't different at all from the test screening I saw in March outside of the addition of that short opening action montage of Wade taking on jobs across the world, maybe 3-5 lines being changed out, different musical score at points, and the VFX being done obviously. 90% the same thing.

I thought they had added some stuff for X Force to do but it looks like that was just a marketing swerve for the trailers. I don't think the Brad Pitt as Vanisher cameo was in my test screening though.

Overall I still feel the same, it was decent, def liked the first better though.
Did you get the post credit scenes?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he has an out. The others are all 100% toast.

That's a shame because I kind of wanted to see more Shatterstar. I only realized after the movie that Firefist was Rusty from X-Factor. I wonder if they will bring in Skids too.
They can bring back Shatterstar, Bedlam and Zeitgeist too. The writers' said it themselves. They just have to write it into the script for X-Force or Deadpool 3 that he uses the time travelling device to bring them back too.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
They can bring back Shatterstar, Bedlam and Zeitgeist too. The writers' said it themselves. They just have to write it into the script for X-Force or Deadpool 3 that he uses the time travelling device to bring them back too.
I would be good with that. I wonder who they'd use as the first X-Force villain. I always saw Apocalypse as their main opponent due to his history with Cable but it's probably too soon to try him again.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Their version of bedlam and shatterstar can both stay dead but I'd really like a closer to comic version of shatterstar certainly.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the movie. But the fact that everyone left the scene leaving Juggernaut alone is very upsetting. What the hell?

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, why? He's the fucking Juggernaut... they just gonna leave him to run free? I can get that from DP or Cable, but Colossus and the other X-people?

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, why? He's the fucking Juggernaut... they just gonna leave him to run free? I can get that from DP or Cable, but Colossus and the other X-people?
The Juggernaut not someone you want to mess with unnecessarily. He tore Deadpool in half with ease and gets out of the pool relatively unharmed after being electrocuted in the pool for an extended period of time. How they captured the Jauggernaut in the first place is a mystery to me.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
The Juggernaut not someone you want to mess with unnecessarily. He tore Deadpool in half with ease and gets out of the pool relatively unharmed after being electrocuted in the pool for an extended period of time. How they captured the Jauggernaut in the first place is a mystery to me.
I get that, but you don't just fucking leave. You call the rest of X-men and end the scene there... SOMETHING. Not just "hey, we have this giant monster and we're just gonna leave since the movie's about to end"

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Saw it this morning. Loved it.

Jokes hit with the audience really well.

I missed the Stan Lee cameo. Was the Thanos line from the trailers in there?

The X-Men scene of Beast closing the door was great. End credit scenes were amazing.

Would love to see how a DP3 or X- Force movie folded into the MCU would be. How DP would react to the characters.

Since Ryan really wants it happen, getting Hugh in a movie with him as Wolverine would be fun. I think I recall Hugh saying he would like to play Wolverine if he could be in a MCU movie.

Spidey / DP / Wolverine teamup?

Literally just came back from seeing it. The Stan Lee cameo is a giant mural on a wall (I think it's just after the cool 'uncinematic' scene with Domino, screen right on the wide shot at the end of that sequence). The Thanos line isn't there, though DP does call Cable it outside the orphanage.

I found the first half very meh (practically every joke fell flat in my screening). Film picks up a lot though after the original X-Force dies and Cable does his face turn.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
I get that, but you don't just fucking leave. You call the rest of X-men and end the scene there... SOMETHING. Not just "hey, we have this giant monster and we're just gonna leave since the movie's about to end"
It's the Juggernaut, unless your only option is to fight him it's best to exit stage left as soon as physically possible. I'll give the morally grey X-Force a pass on trying to be heroes unnecessarily.

Thinking about it did the Juggernaut perform any villainous acts or do more damage then the movie's protagonists? Ultimately his role in the movie was assisting an abused child with confronting his captures. Without knowing what got him in that prison it's unclear if his imprisonment was justified outside of being scary. Cable was throwing defenseless prisoners off a truck to their deaths in comparison.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017
Thinking about the post credits scenes and the sequence they happen makes no sense lol.

If he saves Vanessa first, he would have never recruited the X-force in the first place, and hence would never have had to save Peter in the first place. So that saving Peter scene was completely pointless.

Time travel is such a bullshit concept in movies.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017

iirc the original cut had Juggernaut killed which would explain their lack of caring

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed it. Everyone was great. Zazie Beetz was a real standout for me. She was phenomenal as Domino. I love the theater experience with these films, they elevate the movie IMO. Our audience was roaring with a lot of the jokes and it definitely made for a really fun experience, just like the first one

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It would have been one thing if they made a wolverine joke but it seems pointless to make them the same character when they have different personalities and powers

But probably something for the sequel

I think it's more like, that there's only one Yukio in the comic books, and so The Wolverine made one interpretation of her, and Deadpool 2 made another interpretation of her.

Yeah I mean, I fucking LOVE Yukio in Deadpool 2. NTW and her were amazing and cute as fuck as a couple. At first I thought she was actually a new take on Psylocke, since well, Uncanny X-Force:

51w0adokDJL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And obviously her purple hair:

tumblr_p5zuqeb3zK1vfmsbyo4_540.gif

So yeah, I don't know. I'm kinda pissed off that they changed Yukio this much. I mean, you can make Yukio Negasonic's girlfriend. But at least you know, go for Yukio instead:

Yukio-Marvel-Comics-Wolverine-Wild-One.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Yukio_(Earth-616)

I think I don't even mind the hair. It was fine with The Wolverine's take so much that I literally couldn't remember that her hair was ALSO pink in The Wolverine:

latest

I think my real issue here isn't so much that she has long hair or that it's purple. I think it's the personality. Yukio is nuts. If Negasonic is gothic Justin Bieber, Yukio should be death metal Gerard Way. Also, NOT a mutant and much less an X-Men. I could even buy her as eventually becoming part of X-Force as long as she wasn't an X-Men and was in fact the single competent human bad ass in the group, unlike Peter or Dopinder, but the twist is that she's a literal psycho. Now that I remember, Yukio in The Wolverine ALSO had powers, but not a flashy visual one.

Oh well. Maybe the twist is that Yukio is sort of a cinematic take on Kwannon?

kwannon2.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Revanche_(Kwannon)_(Earth-616)

Picture this: bubbly bad ass ninja Yukio has her body swapped with very English and incredibly serious Elizabeth Braddock aka Psylocke. Sort of a Freaky Friday situation inside Deadpool 3. That could work.

And that could bring us to the next villain of the next film, Mojo? Is it too out there? Not sure if I'm making ANY sense right now, haha.

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I think someone said that Yukio was originally Surge but they decided to change her name at the last minute or something. I don't really mind her being Yukio, Deadpool movies just do their own thing. Negasonic Teenage Warhead was basically completely made up outside of the name and became one of the movies darkhorse favorites while we get a comic accurate Shatterstar for all of five minutes before he's turned into helicopter slurry.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Angel Dust from the first movie?

Also, they really should have cast Keira Knightley as Cable. lol

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool 2 will get an extended cut according to director David Leitch:

There's an extended cut. And I think that they may want to spin that out as a special thing, but right now I'm sort of... we're taking our time, and it's going back to the 'director cut,' and then sort of collaborating with Ryan [Reynolds], Rhett [Reese], and Paul [Wernick], and making sure we're all getting all the jokes we want - to have it be fun and our sort of fun collaboration.

The theatrical run is 1:59 hours. While the extended cut will be 2:12 hours.

The extra scenes will mostly be jokes and that sort, and nothing plot related.

The suicide scene is in there, and there's a scene in the mansion in the kitchen over breakfast. There's some extra Domino stuff. There's a lot of fun little bits, and then a lot of alts! We're looking for every place we can put an alt.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That Outlaw cutout had been mentioned before actually, but not in this thread. It's cool nonetheless. :)

Gonna go rewatch Deadpool 2 today with someone else, and I'm super excited.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Gail Simone, the actual creator of the Women in Refrigerators website and comic book legend writer for Deadpool, Batgirl, Sinister Six and Wonder Woman is the fucking GOAT:

She won't chime in to not indulge in spoilers, and that's PRECISELY why I believe this hot takes are ill advised and misguided. Those who see it this way simply ignore the fact that without Vanessa, there's literally no Deadpool. Vanessa is the heart and conscience of this film, and her presence AND ausence is felt. I cried because of her TWO times and I don't thin I've cried over a romantic pairing in a superhero film since ever. And I look forward for the spoiler filled take of Gail on it when it eventually she speaks about it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the movie ... gotta have to be the best credits-scene ever created, for me. Also ... i can't believe that this movie made me listen to a Celine Dion song.