• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I don't get people who liked the 1st one more.

DP1 was a drawn out origin story with a generic villain.

DP2 is superior. Had better supporting characters. Domino was great. Cable was great. Juggernaut was surprise to me (I didn't know he was in this).

Origin stories are boring as fuck. DP2 was straight up DP being DP.

the jokes were even better

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DP2 is superior. Had better supporting characters. Domino was great. Cable was great. Juggernaut was surprise to me (I didn't know he was in this).

As a film DP1 was better. Better paced, a less bloated and more focused narrative, etc.

And the jokes for me landed much better than in DP2, but humor is pretty subjective.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh please, the origin story was such a drag to go through

To each his own. The first half of DP2 kind of bored me, and the prison scene with Rusty grinded the whole film to a halt till Cable shows up.

I quite liked the origin stuff in DP1, it provided a few serious scenes which was a nice balance with all the jokes and humor.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Laughable, the first movie blows its load in the first 1/3rd and then scrambles to the finish line, hardly great pacing.

I much preferred the first films simple and focused narrative over the sporadic Deadpool 2.

To quote IGN's review, DP2 feels messy and a little unstructured, as if you're watching loosely-connected episodes of a sitcom rather than a cohesive movie heading somewhere with a purpose.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide on which movie had the better action. I liked how Cable and Deadpool worked together at the end battle, but honestly don't remember much from the convoy or prison fights. Him using his broken limbs was great. Whereas in the first movie the highway is iconic, while the fights against Ajax were really well made and they could be felt.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You could argue that DP2 has a similar drag where you're kind of just waiting for the X Force to show up. At least, that's definitely how I'd feel if I were to rewatch it.
I rewatched and I agree though I missed some of the beginning

The movie doesn't really get good until cable shows up and while DP1 had lame villains it was better structure, humor is subjective

I don't know which has better action though

But I can see why people will prefer one or the other

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just finished watching it, fucking loved it.
Absolutely hilarious and loved the entire cast. Cable was awesome.

The post credit was fantastic, still can't stop laughing at the wolverine origins but.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
No Domino as a highlight?
Of course, I should have mentioned that. Her and Deadpool's sibling-like relationship, though kind of rushed, was fun to watch.

I was just reading some stuff on this and was surprised to see that there were Brad Pitt and Matt Damon cameos. Damon was one of the rednecks in the back on the truck and Pitt was Vanisher. I thought that looked like him when he hit the power lines but was like "nah, couldn't be."

Speaking of, it was definitely funny how they offed most of X-Force right after their jump, but I would loved to have seen more Terry Crews as Bedlam. I'm watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine at the moment and I can't get enough of him.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Saw it last night, and holy shit, what a perfect sequel. I can't wait to start carrying a pen in my prison wallet just like my new hero Foyer Foust.

Gun to head, I honestly couldn't choose a favourite between this movie and the original. Original is tighter, but the looseness of the sequel is what makes it so brilliant.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got home from watching this. Awesome! Not sure yet if I think it's better than the first, but both are probably my two favorite (anti-) superhero movies either way.

Post-credits stuff (well, mid-credits) was the best thing ever.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching it, fucking loved it.
Absolutely hilarious and loved the entire cast. Cable was awesome.

The post credit was fantastic, still can't stop laughing at the wolverine origins but.
why do people keep calling it a post credit?
There wasn't anything after the credits, and even though I sat there waiting like 3 minutes to make sure after the credits ended i keep feeling like I missed something because people keep calling the mid credits stuff post credits ><;

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There wasn't anything after the credits, and even though I sat there waiting like 3 minutes to make sure after the credits ended i keep feeling like I missed something because people keep calling the mid credits stuff post credits ><;
Because mid credits and intra credits aren't popularly used words.

Besides that seen is post the start of the credits.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from it. I really enjoyed it. A little slow starting, but it got there for me.

I haven't rewatched the first movie since I saw it in theaters but I really should.

I was surprised the kid turned out to be Rusty Collins. Skids in the next movie?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Watched it earlier. First act drags really bad, really really bad, but then the film picks up and it's amazing till the end. The final act is incredible.

Edit: Oh yeah and the Latam subs took a looooot of liberties with the localization. I get it since several of the jokes would've landed flat otherwise, but man did it get annoying at one point...

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Edit: Oh yeah and the Latam subs took a looooot of liberties with the localization. I get it since several of the jokes would've landed flat otherwise, but man did it get annoying at one point...

I have to watch movies with subs too and I mostly just ignore them, especially in DP because that movie is a nightmare to translate because of the references. They translate the opening credits too and those aren't that easy to ignore. In Belgium we get Dutch ánd French subs so in that opening segment the screen is filled with the English original, but also Dutch and French text, it's nuts. Can't wait to watch that segment again without subs.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
In retrospect it's weird that cable wasted his last time travel to bring deadpool back when he could have just snapped the power dampening collar off of him.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect it's weird that cable wasted his last time travel to bring deadpool back when he could have just snapped the power dampening collar off of him.
Deadpool was dead at that point and wanted to die he stopped Colossus and i doubt he couldn't easily removed it

so he just took the choice out of his hands

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I liked it less than the first, maybe because I was so hyped for this whereas I expected nothing from the first one.

First half of the movie is a little boring.

Credits scenes are amazing though,itnfekt awesome to have all the audience laughing at Deadpool kills Wade and Ryan Reynolds ha ha.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I saw it this morning and liked it better than the first. Unfortunately, all the projection equipment on the theatre shit the bed with like three minutes left in the movie. They got the picture back up, but not the sound.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't decide on which movie had the better action. I liked how Cable and Deadpool worked together at the end battle, but honestly don't remember much from the convoy or prison fights. Him using his broken limbs was great. Whereas in the first movie the highway is iconic, while the fights against Ajax were really well made and they could be felt.
Definitely the second movie, ALL of the fights with DP and cable are amazing

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
That was great. Good action and good gags. Better than the first because the finally got an appropriate budget to work with.

So I googled dub step. What the fuck?

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DP2 hinged it central plot on an annoying underdeveloped kid "boo hoo, he's says 1 line about how we're not friends, I'm gonna rage kill some people", repeats sequences x3 times (flying through water), and ends with a generic super hero vs hospital guard sequence which is flat out boring. Then you get the slow and turgid 1st act. DP 1 is infinitely better and the jokes I'd say were better in 1 too.

The entire prison sequence was boring too.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched it earlier. First act drags really bad, really really bad, but then the film picks up and it's amazing till the end. The final act no is incredible.

Ohh yeah, the Chayanne shit and el Bryan were fucking lame, as if Todd isnt an embarrasing name in all languages.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the skydiving scene wasn't original because have the feeling to see it in something, but man, that was amazing xD

I want see again this movie.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it last night, a really solid sequel if not a little uneven.

Domino and Cable were great, also was not expecting to see the Juggernaut.

The jokes and references are so rapid fire that not all of them land but I did get some big laughs.

Yung Kyubii

Banned
May 12, 2018
I saw no discussion regarding the post end credits scene, did they just reboot the whole franchise again?

Absolute madmen...

Derenden

Oct 30, 2017
Was wondering if there was a reference for EVERY Avenger (at least the 6 og ones)

- The Hawkeye Joke
- Black Black Widow
- the Tony Stark looking guy from the beggining
- "the sun's getting real low..."
- Brown Panther
- Escape (The piña colada song)
- the winter soldier comparison

- and of course: "zip it Thanos"

I think I'm missing some ( a Thor one?), but it would have been great to reference Spiderman too

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Surprised after all the T.J. Miller stuff that more people didn't object to seeing it. At least this will probably be his last bigger role.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This movie kinda stomps on the 1st one, like its not even funny, it just delivers at everything. Maybe I'm honeymooning right now, idk but i just loved everything about the movie from the word go. Like every joke landed, straight up

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm surprised about how much I liked it! The movie got more heart than I expected. I expected a middle of the road cashgrab with some good jokes. But the underlying movie is pretty solid too!

Loved the Juggernaut fight. Is the black Deadpool costume the X-Force costume?
Really liked the character scenes - Wade and his girlfriend have fantastic chemistry, to I really don't mind their scenes and in fact enjoy them.
Interesting to see Gaimans Sandmans Helmet in there - it was visible in the death scenes with Vanessa. Wouldn't have expected that!

Well, there was the Juggernaut choire which was pretty funny.