• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Cool movie. Funny jokes (I liked a lot of the transparent MCU jabs), quick and creative action, and some great performances for everyone. I think I liked it about the same as Deadpool 1. I do think 2 did some things better. The jokes weren't as rapid fire, but I felt like they hit more consistently. "Dubstep's for pussies!" might be the best line in a superhero movie to date. I liked the whole concept, it's basically a supervillain origin story for two separate characters and Deadpool has to prevent them both.

Not going to pick at the plot holes and inconsistencies... but I do gotta note that isn't Cable alive in Deadpool's time? Brolin is 50, so let's imagine Cable as being 50-60. Firefist looked in his 30s or 40s in the future, so that mean's Cable's future is only 20-30 years in the future AKA there is a young Cable somewhere in the current time. It was weird to see Cable have all this (cool ass 80s style) futuristic weaponry but he's seemingly not that far off.

Musouka

Dec 31, 2017
I didn't care much about the story and the stupid teenager.

I liked the jokes better than DP1's but I suppose DP2 is a bit of a mess in direction so didn't enjoy it as much overall.

SickBoy

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it yesterday.

Not much to say other than i was never a fan of the mutant comics, so my understanding of most of these non-core X-Men types is very limited.

I didn't really know anything about Domino - and I just sort of expected a tough-talkin' gun-totin' character. But she was delightful - probably the highlight of the movie for me (I think in no small part thanks to Zazie Beetz' performance)

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Good movie!

Too bad it was completely overshadowed by someone in my theatre. I don't usually let people ruin a movie but holy shit.

A "father" brought his 4 and 5 year old sons to the movie. Left them alone for 10 minutes to go get popcorn, long enough that they were like "where is daddy" and got up and just left the theatre on their own for a bit. I could have walked out of the theatre with one of those kids and taken him home with ease if I wanted to.

The kids talked loudly almost the whole movie (I mean...it's not their fault. They're 4 or 5), around 70% in, they started fighting and screaming and a woman gets up to ask the guy to get his kids under control and the guy tells her to "fuck off, fatass". A guy I was with then turned around and said "that's so fucking rude, get your kids under control" and shocker, the "father" didn't respond to a guy yelling at him, only the woman.

He finally left before the end of the movie, but just...I was just stunned. What a horrible "parent", horrible human, irresponsible, and a total asshole. Just unbelievable.

:/ Anyway, good movie completely overshadowed by an irresponsible horrible human.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No stan Lee's cameo?
Just that giant graffiti?

Also that x-force scene, since the audition to the landing are the funnier thing in the whole movie

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saw it again last night. Deadpool 2 now resides in the exclusive 'Saw More Than Once At The Cinema' wing of my life alongside such other greats as Tokyo Drift, Deadpool 1, Home Alone and Con Air.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool movie. Funny jokes (I liked a lot of the transparent MCU jabs), quick and creative action, and some great performances for everyone. I think I liked it about the same as Deadpool 1. I do think 2 did some things better. The jokes weren't as rapid fire, but I felt like they hit more consistently. "Dubstep's for pussies!" might be the best line in a superhero movie to date. I liked the whole concept, it's basically a supervillain origin story for two separate characters and Deadpool has to prevent them both.

Not going to pick at the plot holes and inconsistencies... but I do gotta note that isn't Cable alive in Deadpool's time? Brolin is 50, so let's imagine Cable as being 50-60. Firefist looked in his 30s or 40s in the future, so that mean's Cable's future is only 20-30 years in the future AKA there is a young Cable somewhere in the current time. It was weird to see Cable have all this (cool ass 80s style) futuristic weaponry but he's seemingly not that far off.
Look, if they made this Cable from 2000 years into the future, with him being the son of Cyclops and a clone of Jean Grey, infected with the techno-organic virus by Mr. Sinister after making a clone of baby Cable to give to Apocalypse to raise as his own uneffected by the virus in hope to help him conquer the world, things might get a bit confusing.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw it, loved it.

Domino stole the show. Her design was just awesome, she looked like some action figure. Her personality was great, she's got a bit of an attitude and a bit of a happy-go-lucky attitude that made her likable.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'm glad they saved Peter, but how dare you get Terry Crews in a movie & then kill him off. Terry needs his due!

Best joke was hands (feet) down the Liefeld one.

I'm so glad I explained Liefeld's feet aversion to a friend a few weeks prior so I wasn't the only one laughing there.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I saw this a couple of days ago and loved it. Almost every joke landed for me, and I'm consistently impressed by the dialogue writers of this series. Quality-wise, it's on par with the original and is better in some ways. Bring on the X-Force spinoff, and bring on Deadpool 3 whenever that's ready.

This is one of the few cases where the sequel is just as good as the original for me.

Baby legs had the whole theatre howling.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a chance to see this. Really good. I wish the moustache dude lived. But that drop-in was probably my favorite part of the movie. Loved it.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
All I know is thank the Lord they didn't fully kill off Vanessa. I wonder if there will be a DP3 now with the Fox buyout..

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Makes me wonder if they added the scenes after test audiences complained, if it was there all along, or if they planned it but hid it from the tests. I believe they killed her because of scheduling conflicts?

Whether DP3 or X-Force, Disney expressed direct interest in continuing Deadpool.
Nice, didn't know they commented. Then I wonder if they will bring Reynolds into the MCU. It's definitely the easiest character to just say fuck it, we are in the MCU now

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Makes me wonder if they added the scenes after test audiences complained, if it was there all along, or if they planned it but hid it from the tests. I believe they killed her because of scheduling conflicts?

Nice, didn't know they commented. Then I wonder if they will bring Reynolds into the MCU. It's definitely the easiest character to just say fuck it, we are in the MCU now
If there's any joke to be made about the merger, Deadpool is the perfect avenue for it.

He shows up in a PG-13 Avengers movie, and every time he tries to swear, it bleeps, but he's the only one that notices it and it freaks him out. Or he just grabs the 'CENSORED' black bar (even though he's wearing a mask) and just beats someone to death with it.

MCU X-Men show up and he just mocks Cyclops "Doesn't he look happy? Almost like he gets to be an actual character this time."

Mystique shows up.

"I loved you in the Hunger Games."

"What?"

"Huh?"

Or he just doesn't stop doing an Aussie accent around Wolverine.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
If there's any joke to be made about the merger, Deadpool is the perfect avenue for it.

He shows up in a PG-13 Avengers movie, and every time he tries to swear, it bleeps, but he's the only one that notices it and it freaks him out. Or he just grabs the 'CENSORED' black bar (even though he's wearing a mask) and just beats someone to death with it.

MCU X-Men show up and he just mocks Cyclops "Doesn't he look happy? Almost like he gets to be an actual character this time."

Mystique shows up.

"I loved you in the Hunger Games."

"What?"

"Huh?"

Or he just doesn't stop doing an Aussie accent around Wolverine.
God I hope they can do this right. I'm not sure if I have 100% trust that they will keep the same tone, but I hope they do. It's just hard to imagine that actually being in the MCU or an Avengers movie. Imagine DP and Rocket..

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
There's a quote from her somewhere that she only agreed to it if her death wasn't permanent.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It was good. It kinda felt long winded at some points but overall it was entertaining. The Basic Instinct reference was so unexpected hahahaha I loved it.

Take on Me acoustic version is quite good. Never heard it before, now I'm a fan. Who knew Deadpool had an emotional side :'(

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Loved the movie, really enjoyable and I'm glad they didn't spend too much time in the prison which I feared. I somehow avoided spoilers all this time that Juggernaut was in the movie so I was shocked to see him, I'm glad they got more use out of the character. Loved the X-men cameos and Collossus is amazing in the movie. Everything else that was said has already been said, but I literally burst out laughing at Deadpool going back in time and killing himself from X-men Origins: Wolverine, then himself again looking at the Green Lantern script.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Late to the party on this one, but damn it was funny and better than the first movie.
A bit long but I really liked it.

Best parts;
-Calling Cable Thanos
-John Wick like stylistic start with all the fights
-Xforce all dying Macgruber style
-Xmen Cameo
- I am Batman
- Peter in interview when asked what his powers are says he has type 1 and 2 diabetes

Worst parts;
-His girlfriend
-Extended Deadpool death scene
-Movie could have been 15-20 minutes shorter
-Dopinder was kinda cringe

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They basically have the same powers but that's it though I'm pretty sure Long shot relies on his powers more because it's more powerful

She's even got the one eye looking different from the other one, thing!

I liked Deadpool 2 a lot. The first was entertaining but I didn't get why it was such a massive hit. I thought this one was funnier and had more heart. Still too many tryhard "holy fucking shitballs" type lines, but I guess that's the character.

One thing that bugged me was Cable's gun blowing Juggernaut backward. Like, that's the one thing no one -- much less some dumb gun -- should EVER be able to do to Juggernaut, it goes against his entire power, which is that nothing in the universe can stop him from moving forward. With everything else they got right and showed how much they knew the comics (like Shatterstar), this one bugged me.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The extended cut really destroys the pace. It's way too long and actively makes the movie worse.
The theatrical is really good. I liked the first one more but 2 is a solid movie.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the extended cut, but not the theatrical and was wondering what scenes were added in that one. It did feel a little long in the tooth sometimes.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The use of music reminded me more of Suicide Squad than Deadpool 1.

Action scenes were all really good, felt like 50% of the humour used homosexuality as a punchline wich was a bummer.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Cable was what really made this movie for me. Loved the character portrayal, Brolin was fantastic.