• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually have had a casual fling already and while that may be unhealthy to do so quickly after a breakup, it helped me get over her I believe 😅.
A casual fling is very good. It helps you regain confidence in yourself by reconfirming that you are desirable. The only way for it to be unhealthy is if you go head-first into a serious relationship so soon after what happened to you. As long as it's casual and you keep seeing other women until you are completely over your situation, you'll be fine.

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Kind of had a weird night. Ended up drinking a bit and playing some gears 5 with friends, but afterwords I felt an intense lonely feeling I dont think I've felt since early high school. Man, sometimes sadness can just pour in out of nowhere and it sucks. Ive went on dates since my ex from this thread but none of them added up to anything and i just feel so lonely right now. It makes me think back on all my past relationships... i have so many friends my age starting to get married or have kids... and im still in grad school and now single. And i totally am happy im pursuing something, but love and human connections are the most important parts of life to me. I've felt so lazy and unmotivated lately.

I dont really know where this rant is going, but being in a new place across the country from all my friends and family, and being single sucks. Some nights just get really hard.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I also felt a bit lonely after my break up. But then I started going to the gym again. Met so many great people there. And I always look forward to go there.

Try going to the gym. It's always good to work on yourself. And you can socialize there, meet people from the neighbourhood.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of had a weird night. Ended up drinking a bit and playing some gears 5 with friends, but afterwords I felt an intense lonely feeling I dont think I've felt since early high school. Man, sometimes sadness can just pour in out of nowhere and it sucks. Ive went on dates since my ex from this thread but none of them added up to anything and i just feel so lonely right now. It makes me think back on all my past relationships... i have so many friends my age starting to get married or have kids... and im still in grad school and now single. And i totally am happy im pursuing something, but love and human connections are the most important parts of life to me. I've felt so lazy and unmotivated lately.

I dont really know where this rant is going, but being in a new place across the country from all my friends and family, and being single sucks. Some nights just get really hard.
I'm sorry, I get you. There's not much I can say other than keep yourself busy, the feelign will pass.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oof I just read through this thread. I dealt with a similar break-up once after a year. Over text and no explanation. The months following that were rough but I got better with time. getting to the "getting over it" part sucks ass and I hope you pull through.

Oct 27, 2017

Hey I'm sorry you feel bad. What I've come to know from others is that getting over someone is not really a linear progress. It sucks a lot in the beginning, then you get better and re-enter the world of the living, then some days it comes back and it sucks again. You reflect on these days and learn from it, then eventually the feelings go away. It probably depends on the length and the intensity of the relationship too, but everyone says it does get better so in the end it will.

Don't worry too much over it, it's ok to be sad sometimes. Don't rush into the dating life if you don't feel ready, I am sure that eventually you will feel like it and it will come naturally to you. You said somewhere you're 26, that's unusually young to get married / have kids where I'm from, I guess that differs per environment. In any case absolutely nothing is over for you and you're doing just fine.

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Hey I'm sorry you feel bad. What I've come to know from others is that getting over someone is not really a linear progress. It sucks a lot in the beginning, then you get better and re-enter the world of the living, then some days it comes back and it sucks again. You reflect on these days and learn from it, then eventually the feelings go away. It probably depends on the length and the intensity of the relationship too, but everyone says it does get better so in the end it will.

Don't worry too much over it, it's ok to be sad sometimes. Don't rush into the dating life if you don't feel ready, I am sure that eventually you will feel like it and it will come naturally to you. You said somewhere you're 26, that's unusually young to get married / have kids where I'm from, I guess that differs per environment. In any case absolutely nothing is over for you and you're doing just fine.
Thanks for the response, friend. I think I was just a little too emotional the other night due to being drunk. Things are going well enough! Been keeping busy with music! =) Here's a link to a cover I just made tonight if anyone is interested. It's one of Liam Gallagher's new tunes.