• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a couple of pre-order themes that I'd love to get.

This one for Mirror's Edge is great, I'd totally buy it.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I love those kinds of themes but got ME on pc and had no idea about it til after it was out.

I really wish you could just buy pre order themes or wish they'd at least offer them like 6 months down the road or so, I mean it seems rather reasonable to me and it's literally just leaving money on the table when they could be making more.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
As an avid collector of PS4 themes, I would absolutely buy that at $2.99. Really beautiful.

The trend of Themes as locked pre-order bonuses has been really disheartening this generation. And a missed opportunity, too. I feel like publishers could give their game a chance to shine again on their one-year anniversary if they put out a tweet with fun concept art, a developer interview article/vid, and announced that all previously-locked extras like pre-order themes and in-game retailer exclusives were now available for purchase. (And if the game sold well, a chance to thank fans for purchasing X millions of copies.)
Please listen to this person. Would totally buy that Mirrors Edge theme too.

Talking of Mirrors Edge pre order bonuses, I got an awesome t shirt with my 360 copy back in the day.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You just have to create a japanese account, download it and use it on your main account.
If you don't know how to navigate in the japanese store you can scroll down on the PS4 menu when P5 is highlighted and see all the DLCs.
Download what? I have a jp account. I dont think we are talking about the same themes.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I actually thought of this theme the other day and how much I wished I could have bought it!! Huge ME fan and I'd really love to put a few dollars down for it (Aus region pls).

I actually thought of this theme the other day and how much I wished I could have bought it!! Huge ME fan and I'd really love to put a few dollars down for it (Aus region pls).
Same for Wipeout themes locked on preorder:

I'd be so disappointed if I missed out on the WipEout ones. Just yesterday changed mine back to the cool dynamic one. Seriously would be great to have some standardisation over theme publication.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also dislike themes only bundled with digital versions of games. Like, I bought your game on disc, let me give you more money for the theme?

Hosaka

Oct 27, 2017
I'll poke a few people and see if anything can be done. No promises though, but will at least ask.

Thanks so much for looking into this.

It's weird to say, but it would mean a lot to be able to get this theme. I like to count Mirror's Edge as one of my all-time favorite series but missed out on this because a friend of mine bought Catalyst for my birthday. When I saw this thread, it brought a huge smile to my face (which I needed, just returning from the ER for kidney stones lol).

Update!

F8RGE

EA
Verified
Feb 20, 2018
Stockholm
Just popping this thread back up to say it's not been ignored. We've had some discussions within the team and will shortly be requesting our friends at Sony push it live. All going well you should see it in 1-2 weeks.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Just popping this thread back up to say it's not been ignored. We've had some discussions within the team and will shortly be requesting our friends at Sony push it live. All going well you should see it in 1-2 weeks.
Well I'll be damned, thats fucking awesome. I've wanted these theme forever but pre-ordering was just never in the cards. This really makes my day. Thank you and all the folks you had to poke to make it happen.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Holy shit, I didn't see this thread at first but this is amazing. ERA members are the best, thanks for trying even if nothing comes from this.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, amazing result! No lie I'm excited to use my ps4 more just so I'll be able to see/hear that theme more lol

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome to hear! I'm a big ME fan, especially of Catalyst, so I'll definitely be picking this up.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kudos to EA for working to bring this theme to everyone!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Incredible work!

But I won't feel special if someone else has the theme so I've taken the liberty of buying EA to stop this theme from getting out

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks so much F8RGE, to you and all the folks working on making this possible. Can't wait to set this up on my PS4!

And thank you to Genetrik for kicking this off in the first place!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017

Awesome! Thanks for doing that.

Now can you singlehandedly get a ME Catalyst sequel green lit:p

Hosaka

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks to you and everyone behind the scenes at DICE/EA who made this happen. It's silly to say, but stuff like this just warms my heart.

Can't wait!

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017

This is my feel good moment of the week, and I don't even care about themes.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I like chill themes. Meanwhile i found this yesterday:

Definitely will be checking out the Mirrors Edge theme too.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that is gorgeous, I'm currently still on the classic Playstation theme because of the nice background song but I would definitely switch to this if it came out for purchase. Thanks for at least trying F8RGE!

We need more themes with peaceful background songs.

I like chill themes. Meanwhile i found this yesterday:

Definitely will be checking out the Mirrors Edge theme too.

Woah, bought!

Anyone else have chill theme recommendations?

Last edited:

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Freaking awesome that this is happening.

Hopefully other publishers follow suit... I'm talking Sony in particular. So many themes locked to pre-orders that its ridiculous or timed events on PlayStation Live website with no love for EU members. I am salty about that God of War: A New Beginning theme.

Just make every theme available after three months or six months, please!