• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bless you guys at EA for making this happen, and for free of all things. Transistor theme has finally been usurped after all these years. So stoked.

Edit: And to OP for getting shit done instead of just wishing for this theme to be available.
You are literally me. I've had the Transistor theme since 2015 between two different PS4s lol. I'm eager to download the skin tonight :)

Shout-out to the OP.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F8RGE thanks so much for this! To you, Genetrik, and everyone else involved. This was free, which rules also. Is there a charity that EA and / or DICE donates to frequently? I ask because I'd be happy to keep paying this kind gesture forward.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Read Page 1 and was like damn, I may actually buy that, it is really a damn nice theme.
Now I check the last page and see it is free!
Literally just installed it on my Pro.
Kudos to everyone involved in making this happen.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Echoing everyone else in saying thanks so much to those that made this happen, and for free no less. I will definitely be using this one.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Any Deck Nine employees on here? In any event, I know pre-order incentives are a thing, but if a game has been out for years, at least give people the chance to get it if they came to the game late.
Someone reach out to the devs about it on twitter?
For what it's worth, after someone made a similar thread about the theme (taking inspiration from this one), one of the community folks at Square said that they would look into it if I recall correctly, but that it might take a while for a response because they're very much busy with episode 4 of Life Is Strange 2 at the moment -- and it's not a sure thing it'll be a success, obviously.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Just wanted to say that I remember seeing this request and now seeing that this has been released that is utterly amazing.

So to everyone here, and at the company who was able to get this done, thank you.

-

Now we need to band together and get more pre-order dlc/themes released such as White Kat DLC from Gravity Rush 2.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
Just popping this thread back up to say it's not been ignored. We've had some discussions within the team and will shortly be requesting our friends at Sony push it live. All going well you should see it in 1-2 weeks.
Oh my god it is available and guess what!!!???

THEY MADE IT FREE!!!!

F8RGE
You guys rule. Nothing else can be said. But honestly I feel a bit bad now since I wanted to pay for it. But man thank you so much!
This is such a wholesome thread and response from EA. Thanks to all involved.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Also a bit silly all the weird cynical people around the internet who took this as "Oh aha I'm EA I will nickle and dime a few dozen people for an old preorder PS4 theme for a game that struggled." Like. What. I mean I'm as cynical as the next guy but people are silly.

And now it's out and it's free lol. I'm sure there'll be a conspiracy about that.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just sat on the home with headphones on and the music is bringing back some feels. Mirror's Edge was so great. Beautiful theme and thanks again to those that got it live, and also to the original designers.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Oh this is awesome. I'm glad EA could step in and help out here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I would pay literally any amount of money to buy the Life is Strange: Before the Storm pre-order theme. Seriously. Just make it available.

Sorry for my delayed response to this - was tied up with Episode 4 for a while :)

I distinctly remember talking to the team about making the BtS theme more widely available previously back in April 2018...! At the time I think we were unable to release the theme more widely because it was previously listed as a pre-order exclusive (platform holder policies). I'll have another look into this for you though.

Keep hope alive!

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Going over the thread titles... reading this thread.... reading the update...

Me: Oo...wtf.

OP you rock

EA peeps too

Man I really love that the PS4 has so many great themes. What's everyone else's fav

Until dawn . Hourglas running down looks so nice.

Have this since it was released.

Jessica jones theme looks nice too

Last edited:

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just popping this thread back up to say it's not been ignored. We've had some discussions within the team and will shortly be requesting our friends at Sony push it live. All going well you should see it in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make this happen. Same to you as well OP! :D

Man I really love that the PS4 has so many great themes. What's everyone else's fav

My personal favorites:

And of course:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'll poke a few people and see if anything can be done. No promises though, but will at least ask.
giphy.gif

Thank you so much for this.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that is gorgeous, I'm currently still on the classic Playstation theme because of the nice background song but I would definitely switch to this if it came out for purchase. Thanks for at least trying F8RGE!

We need more themes with peaceful background songs.

Woah, bought!

Anyone else have chill theme recommendations?
This is a pretty chill one, been rocking this one all year.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I don't think that the PS4 has that many great themes in comparison to the PS3 unfortunately.

But this one is up there, thanks to the great ambient music. I quite like the Witcher 3 Geralt & Ciri theme too (also free).

For paid ones, the Firewatch theme I think is clearly the best one, although the Hanami theme is good too.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome thing to do! Very cool of EA.

Yeah I want to get that Nier:Automata pre-order theme as well. Sigh.
THIS. It's so disappointing we can't buy it. Looks much much better than the free ones.

I don't think that the PS4 has that many great themes in comparison to the PS3 unfortunately.

But this one is up there, thanks to the great ambient music. I quite like the Witcher 3 Geralt & Ciri theme too (also free).

For paid ones, the Firewatch theme I think is clearly the best one, although the Hanami theme is good too.
Seconding the Firewatch theme. It's gorgeous and sounds nice. The overall best theme I've found.

I think the only other theme I bought was The Flame in the Flood because the music was so good. I don't much care for the visuals.

Currently I'm using the Far Cry 5 theme. Looks plain, but I love the music so much that I keep switching back.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Just got home and tried this out. What a pleasant theme. I'll be sticking with this one for a while. Very nice.