• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow this whole thing has been awesome. Kudos to all involved :)

I'll have to check it out tonight. I've been rocking the Firewatch theme since that game came out, maybe this will replace it!

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You guys at EA are amazing and thank you op for making this thread. So many feels right now. :D

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks F8RGE !

That music is just great. My only wish is to be able to chose background from one theme and music from the other(seriously Sony... why this is not an option?)

Now we need another hero at DICE HQ who can patch the game so it supports higher settings/resolution on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.... yes this is patch begging.

wink wink wink wink

Blufunk

Jan 1, 2018
Thanks guys, the theme is great.
About that, it is possible on PS4 to randomize themes on a chosen list like on the 3DS ?

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Y'all better be grateful. I spent $60 primarily for the theme (also because I'm a mirror's edge fanboy lmao)

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
FUCKING... YES...

Pre-order exclusive themes are a cancer that needs to be eradicated. It's not rocket science. Give the theme out for free to people who pre-order and let everyone else buy the theme separately. You still have your shitty pre-order incentive and people who can't afford to pre-order your game can still support you down the line. So fucking annoying. This theme and the Before the Storm pre-order themes are fantastic. But yeah, don't take my money I guess.

Wow...cancer...

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

And just for fun, here's a prototype I never finished but always wanted to..

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Just seems to go from 0 to 11 with phrasing like that. In a world with loot boxes, store exclusives, crunch, and emerging scandal , preorder incentives seem to be fairly ... tame 🤔.
No, you're right. It's not the end of the world. It's just been annoying me for YEARS and it's such an unnecessary practice. I tend to use exaggerated language regarding small issues when I feel like they are easily fixed or avoidable and yet they persist.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
No, you're right. It's not the end of the world. It's just been annoying me for YEARS and it's such an unnecessary practice. I tend to use exaggerated language regarding small issues when I feel like they are easily fixed or avoidable and yet they persist.

Sometimes, especially in EU, there are actually consumer protections that studios can potentially run afoul of if something is offered for free or for sale if it's originally set up as a preorder incentive (because you must provide something then and their to fulfill the purchase obligation apparently). I know that many studios for whom we've produced themes used in preorders point out this fact when we suggest selling them later.

Oct 25, 2017
Noir York City
I cannot convey what this means to me. I've sent tickets to EA support for years asking for this, only to be told it wasn't possible. Thank you, I know it sounds silly, but I've regretted missing this theme for so long. I wanted to support Catalyst as much as I could, I got it physical and preordered but I wasn't going to get two copies for a theme.

But then I saw the theme and was so upset. This has been in the back of my mind for a while. Thank you, I really mean it.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, very cool of them to make it available for free! I'll have to download it next time I'm on my PS4.

I also need to finish Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I got it shortly after launch and was enjoying it but it was a victim of too many games to play.

Oct 30, 2017
Wow great thanks for the free theme!

I hope we see another ME for next gen... I hope EA doesn't give up on the series it's very special and unique and we need it to continue <3

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes, especially in EU, there are actually consumer protections that studios can potentially run afoul of if something is offered for free or for sale if it's originally set up as a preorder incentive (because you must provide something then and their to fulfill the purchase obligation apparently). I know that many studios for whom we've produced themes used in preorders point out this fact when we suggest selling them later.
It's hard to believe that publishers would get in trouble if they explicitly state, "This theme is free with a preorder of our game. It will be available separately for purchase", or something along those lines. They are still fulfilling their promise of a free theme. Selling it separately should be a non-issue. I don't think themes should be locked behind a preorder in the first place though and if this is an issue then that is all the more reason to sell them separately from the start.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Neat. I'd love to see those original Star Wars Battlefront Pre-order themes made available again. Especially the Luke Skywalker one <3

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to believe that publishers would get in trouble if they explicitly state, "This theme is free with a preorder of our game. It will be available separately for purchase", or something along those lines. They are still fulfilling their promise of a free theme. Selling it separately should be a non-issue. I don't think themes should be locked behind a preorder in the first place though and if this is an issue then that is all the more reason to sell them separately from the start.

Many publishers legal teams are what you'd call 'risk averse'