Dear EA: can we kindly after 3 years get the chance to buy this Mirrors edge pre-order theme? [UPDATE: EA delivers, see threadmark!]]

NemesisTheory

Jun 15, 2019
Massive thanks and props to the people from EA here and there for making this happen. I bought this on disc at release hoping this theme would make it public.

Also, I still have hope for a new game in the series one day. ;)

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Ooooooh, this MIGHT make me change the theme I've had for 2 years now... MIGHT.

(at a minute 30 he stops talking)

You simply cannot beat this. The click tone, is very satisfying and soft, the music/sound is just the sound of wind and its a dark background that is dynamic so it doesnt take too much precedent.

I cannot switch it out!

Technokoma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still bummed I will probably never get the Uncharted 4 Mountain Vista theme you got for pre-ordering. It's so pretty.

Last edited:

truly101

Oct 29, 2017
I just stick with the free themes, some of them are pretty good. The Dark Souls 3 free theme and the Horizon Zero Dawn 1 year anniversary themes are especially cool.
Any theme without music, or that just uses the default ambient PS4 music sucks

StallionDan

Oct 25, 2017
Can we make our own themes like on PS3? I don't just mean a wallpaper, but on PS3 you could make your own icons, sounds and theme that cycled Wallpapers itself.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Can we make our own themes like on PS3? I don't just mean a wallpaper, but on PS3 you could make your own icons, sounds and theme that cycled Wallpapers itself.
Nop. Some of the standart themes have some costumization options but nothing that deep. You can also select any pic u have in ur PS4 to make it ur theme, but the icons and music will be the deafult ones.

I dont even knew you could do that on PS3 :P

StallionDan

Oct 25, 2017
Nop. Some of the standart themes have some costumization options but nothing that deep. You can also select any pic u have in ur PS4 to make it ur theme, but the icons and music will be the deafult ones.

I dont even knew you could do that on PS3 :P
It wasn't a feature on PS3 itself, but Sony released tools for use on PC, you just copied to PS3 via USB memory or whatever once made.

Psychoward

Nov 7, 2017
Wish we could get a version without the logo

Also the game itself was super underrated and just as good if not better than the first one

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I like chill themes. Meanwhile i found this yesterday:

Definitely will be checking out the Mirrors Edge theme too.
Nice. I'll probably buy that one. Thumbs up for the fittingly calm menu sounds as well, which seem to be an oversight with some other themes.

Any recommendations for a theme like this...

...which would have similarly dark and foreboding ambient sound, but with a more fitting image, like the one you linked, and muted menu sounds. I don't really like characters or logos in themes.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Plywood

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why these things aren't just for sale separate from any preorder bonus outta the gate.