• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
And I am talking about this beauty!

Pretty please?

In general publishers should make any pre-order theme available to buy after 1-2 years.

Last edited:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
FUCKING... YES...

Pre-order exclusive themes are a cancer that needs to be eradicated. It's not rocket science. Give the theme out for free to people who pre-order and let everyone else buy the theme separately. You still have your shitty pre-order incentive and people who can't afford to pre-order your game can still support you down the line. So fucking annoying. This theme and the Before the Storm pre-order themes are fantastic. But yeah, don't take my money I guess.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'll poke a few people and see if anything can be done. No promises though, but will at least ask.
tumblr_mbanjbWIh51r8vzdno5_250.gif

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I used that theme for such a long time, it's really good.

Exclusive themes are dumb.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Back on PS3 "dynamic theme" used to mean it was actually dynamic, with cool animations and shit. Now it's just some background images that change. Where are the cool 3D themes?

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll poke a few people and see if anything can be done. No promises though, but will at least ask.
While you're at it, you could try and get them to greenlight a third Mirror's Edge game :p. (Kidding, of course, but, however unlikely it may be, I really hope it's gonna happen at some point. There's just nothing else like it out there.)

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Omg this is so great that you've even acknowledged it, I remember having an issue with my card bouncing on my preorder back in the day and I lost the preorder theme. Would be great to grab it again.
I think EA has forgotten about ME.
One of my favourite if not my favourite series, I actually loved Catalyst as well. Really wish it had an X patch.

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wasn't it GameStop-Exclusive?
Anyway,it is a shame... pre ordered the Collectorbox and there wasn't a theme for me. I believe it was also US-exclusive.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I get annoyed by this stuff too.
I ended up buying the KH3 console theme from ebay for a.. significant amount of money, (Which I also bought the console, but didn't realise the EU verison didn't come with the theme or the pre-order keyblade both things that tipped buying it over the figure edition..)
Annoyed the keyblade isn't available for purchase in EU yet either.

But yeah there have been a lot of themes, pre-order/retailer exclusive content that kept exclusive forever and sad most publishers don't release it for purchase sometime later, seems a no brainer to me.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
They still kept the original Mirror's Edge DLC Origin exclusive on PC. I don't think they'll revisit this any time soon.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive themes suck.

I am almost never going to buy full price digital to get them, so they might as well not exist. There was a really cool Persona 5 one I wanted that I think came with the digital special edition...oh well.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Pre-order themes on PS4 are the worst. I wish everyone would start selling them a year later or so. It's basically free money after all.

Kudos to the EA person here though.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I still check US PSN every so often for the JP amazon-only exclusive FF12 Zodiac Age pre-order theme :(

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It is an incredible theme.

Incredible.

And I have it because I pre-ordered the game, as I am a TRUE FAN SO NONE OF YOU CAN HAVE IT

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Music makes this one. Really good.

Can we get Pro/X enhancement patches as well? It's a fucking crime to have this game stuck at 900p on both machines...

EA?... You there? You still have some good games...

Can you also mention Pro/X enhancement updates please? :'(

Should be doable since it's the same engine that was used in games that have X/Pro modes available.

Deleted member 24417

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My favourite dynamic theme will always remain "Running Sackboy" on PS3 which animated according to internal clock, good times...

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
And send the message that you can just wait for a sale instead of preordering? Preposterous!

Mirror's Edge might be in the bargain bin nowadays, but they don't wanna send the message that you can just wait for Dragon Age 4 to do the same and still get all the goodies.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate you trying even if it doesn't pan out. I loved ME Catalyst but bought it on PC at launch so I missed out on this theme. Would switch my PS4 dash to use this theme instantly if I could.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Yeah, being locked out of pre-order themes sucks. Thankfully, a few become available after the game releases. The Tetris Effect pre-order theme was available to purchase shortly after launch.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
FUCKING... YES...

Pre-order exclusive themes are a cancer that needs to be eradicated. It's not rocket science. Give the theme out for free to people who pre-order and let everyone else buy the theme separately. You still have your shitty pre-order incentive and people who can't afford to pre-order your game can still support you down the line. So fucking annoying. This theme and the Before the Storm pre-order themes are fantastic. But yeah, don't take my money I guess.
I didn't know about Before the storm one. Now I'm sad.

I agree 100% with you.