• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Genetrik

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
And send the message that you can just wait for a sale instead of preordering? Preposterous!

Mirror's Edge might be in the bargain bin nowadays, but they don't wanna send the message that you can just wait for Dragon Age 4 to do the same and still get all the goodies.

I get that but they literally have nothing to loose after 3 years expect gaining some minor revenue and potentially helping the brand to stay in peoples mind.

Yeah, being locked out of pre-order themes sucks. Thankfully, a few become available after the game releases. The Tetris Effect pre-order theme was available to purchase shortly after launch.

Man I was just about to write about the Tetris theme myself and I am so happy that you can simply purchase this beautiful theme

A MASSIVE general problem with the entire pre order themes is that the PSN store has no acceptable means in properly showing and promoting them. I mean in most cases we don't even know what kind of themes will we get for the pre order. If I would have known how shitty the Detroit ones would have been.... well I would have still bought the game full price but still...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Speaking as one of the biggest ME fans to ever live: do you honestly believe that EA gives even a modicum of a fuck about Mirror's Edge?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Oh wow, that's beautiful. Love the music too. I would definitely buy it if it was made available.

If you're into chill themes like this you need to check out Firewatch's. Hugely under-rated given what it offers. Time of day is dynamic, including sunrise and sunset, the trees sway in the wind and birds are flying about:

IXnwp2KRuoyxWgryWmRRXLjDCPb9C-AV_SY1Tlst6yo.png

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still want the 2 japan exclusive Persona 5 themes. It wasn't offered in any NA edition of the game. Nor has it been offered on the NA store. That's f"ing cruel, those are the best P5 themes imo.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf I had no idea this existed...

I imported the collectors edition from the UK because it wasn't released in my country, cost about €300 total and it didn't even have this theme :/....

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I'll poke a few people and see if anything can be done. No promises though, but will at least ask.

I know it's a small thing, but stuff like this are the things that make me look at a company like EA with friendlier eyes even if nothing comes out of it.
Man I was just about to write about the Tetris theme myself and I am so happy that you can simply purchase this beautiful theme

How much is this one? Do themes ever go on sale?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
You can't even search themes either, PS UI is so frustrating at times. And yeah, so many pre order themes they could have made money from, utterly wasted.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Oh wow, that's beautiful. Love the music too. I would definitely buy it if it was made available.

If you're into chill themes like this you need to check out Firewatch's. Hugely under-rated given what it offers. Time of day is dynamic, including sunrise and sunset, the trees sway in the wind and birds are flying about:

Been using this one for a while. It's great!

Sort of on topic, but I wish there was a way to add your own looped MP3 song as background music. I've got so much chill ambient music I'd love to use.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I rarely touch my PS4 these days but I'm not going to lie, I would definitely buy this as soon as it's available. Watching this thread and hope it happens.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
A MASSIVE general problem with the entire pre order themes is that the PSN store has no acceptable means in properly showing and promoting them. I mean in most cases we don't even know what kind of themes will we get for the pre order. If I would have known how shitty the Detroit ones would have been.... well I would have still bought the game full price but still...
Those Detroit themes are so trash. Among the worst I've seen. And yeah, I wish they would put video of every dynamic theme on the store.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get that but they literally have nothing to loose after 3 years expect gaining some minor revenue and potentially helping the brand to stay in peoples mind.

I might need to buy my first theme. I fucking love this song from the game.

Deleted member 20433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of the pre-order theme for FFXII. I ordered it on PSN but missed it with a couple of minutes. Is still every now and then search for it on psn, hoping they'll release it for everyone.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

...ok, but why is this only bundled with a digital copy? I already paid for Firewatch on Steam and a physical copy via Limited Run games. I'm happy to kick another 2-3 bucks towards the devs, but 22 is just out of the question for me, even though I love Firewatch a ton.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo that Mirror's Edge theme is beautiful. Never knew about it. I don't even have a huge affinity for Mirror's Edge but i'd buy that immediately.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The Nier Automata preorder theme and the Persona 5 Japanese CE preorder themes particularly kill me.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I would pay literally any amount of money to buy the Life is Strange: Before the Storm pre-order theme. Seriously. Just make it available.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would totally buy that, as well as the LiS: BtS theme.

Off-topic, but I've never heard of that Biohazard VR Infected Experience before.

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
I still use the Mirror's Edge theme on both my PS4s. It's gorgeous. Nothing else has come close.

I'm legit shocked that it's not available to buy after all this time.

OP
OP
Genetrik

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
To highjack my own thread just a little bit: sadly Shadow of War never got any themes but I would kill for dynamic themes fearing these tracks

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Years ago I'd heard about Isaac from Dead Space being unlock-able in Dante's Inferno. Apparently this was only via preorder in Europe, and it really bugged me that they never made it available to anyone else.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
As an avid collector of PS4 themes, I would absolutely buy that at $2.99. Really beautiful.

The trend of Themes as locked pre-order bonuses has been really disheartening this generation. And a missed opportunity, too. I feel like publishers could give their game a chance to shine again on their one-year anniversary if they put out a tweet with fun concept art, a developer interview article/vid, and announced that all previously-locked extras like pre-order themes and in-game retailer exclusives were now available for purchase. (And if the game sold well, a chance to thank fans for purchasing X millions of copies.)

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Worst part about ps4 themes in Europe is that there's no preview for them ..

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I ran into this with Stella Glow. The 3DS theme was for digital purchases only, but because I got a review code it technically counted in the eShop as purchasing it. Thus I couldn't get the theme because of that as for some reason they said it couldn't be purchased individually.

A tad bit annoying, as said theme looked pretty cool.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
All preorder/bonus themes should be available to buy. Making them free with a preorder is a neat incentive, but locking them away for everyone else forever is a dirty move. It's a cheap way to incentivize preorders and creates a fear-of-missing-out culture. And as others have said here, it leaves a ton of money on the table. There are several themes I'd buy right now if they were available.

Oct 27, 2017
I will say. One of my biggest pet peeves are exclusive themes this gen.
A. It's not a great motivator to get me to pre order and has never worked even if the theme was good.
B. They are literally refusing money by not putting them up for sale. Ever.
I get that themes offer some small, easy value to people who preorder but is there really a good reason to keep them locked up forever afterwards? Especially when most of them boil down to little more than advertising. Oh well I guess. I'll keep my money.

Morbak

Nov 12, 2017
I still want the 2 japan exclusive Persona 5 themes. It wasn't offered in any NA edition of the game. Nor has it been offered on the NA store. That's f"ing cruel, those are the best P5 themes imo.
You just have to create a japanese account, download it and use it on your main account.
If you don't know how to navigate in the japanese store you can scroll down on the PS4 menu when P5 is highlighted and see all the DLCs.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I'd switch from my Indivisible preorder theme for this. Mirror's Edge <3 even if EA has shelved it.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's super annoying?

When you order the physical deluxe/special/CE (sometimes more expensive) and don't even get the pre-order theme, cause you didn't want to pre-order the digital deluxe or whatever on PSN, cause you value physical goods.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
I've been craving this theme for years. Realizing that there was simply no way of getting it anymore was devastating.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018

I've been using it since it was available

Best theme ever. It's gorgeous, and the music is so chill.

Would love this Mirror's Edge theme, though. Was really bummed when it was not made available after launch.