Dear Europeans, are you from Europe?

Dec 9, 2018
Yep. Being breton I find it really shameful and sad to see the culture, the knowledge, etc. disappear. Thankfully there are still pieces of the breton identity here and there (though France is still trying to erase them) but if I hadn't been interested and hadn't looked for it myself I would know nothing about Brittany's history. And most of the younger generation is completely ignorant about it.
I went to Normandy last summer, and i was struck by how low key the interest /pride in the "Norman's", was. As in the medieval Norman nobles and adventurers had very large and outsized impact on European history, from the conquest of England, and southern Italy to being major players in the crusades and crusader states. It just didn't feel like the local interest /pride was all big? Most of the tourists seemed to be English speaking.

I thought that perhaps it was because the Norman's were outsiders (recent arrivals from Scandinavia), and therfore their achievements were not perceived to be "French" achievements and not celebrated?? I have French cousins and they told me it wasn't really something they learned about in school.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm English and whenever someone asks me where I'm from I say Europe unless speaking with another European then I specify. Fuck this country.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm Italian, and while proud of my cultural heritage I'm also ready to leave this country as soon as I'll get my master degree, as it doesn't offer satisfactory work options for my field. This awareness and an Erasmus internship I took in Belgium last year, made me shift more toward an European identity.
But I don't think the two are mutually exclusive honestly and I wouldn't like the a EU where national and regional cultural identities are absorbed into an homogeneus one. Differences can and should be celebrated.

Galleren

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Norwegian. We are not a member of the EU, only the EFTA. Would like to keep it that way. Feel Norwegian mostly. Never thought of myself as a European per se, but we are obviously part of Europe.