• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which OP You like?

• OP1.

Votes: 92 52.3%
  • OP2.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • Both.

Votes: 24 13.6%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the visuals for the second opening at all. Also just feel like the first opening more accurately fits the vibe of the series

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
OP 1 is what you'd expect, and fits the series well.

OP 2 is off the walls insane, and leaves you with an initial shock. Then you realize it's pretty appropriate for the madness than ensues in Part 2.

I love them both.

Oct 25, 2017
The first OP, just like the first half of the series, is so much better than the second.

God this show is so cool... and then it drops off a fucking cliff.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I love Maximum the Hormone but The World is one of, if not my favorite anime opening. Right up there with Again and Seishun Kyousoukyoku.

CosmicPanda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
come on definitely 2 WHATS UP PEOPLE?!? I remember rocking out to that opening back in 2008 on adult swim.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're both fantastic. Gonna give the slight edge to 2 though.

I love the end of 1 where Light creepily slowly raises his hand toward Misa. Similarly, I love the whole final sequence of 2 where Light's just walking while his allies and opponents linger around him.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
op 2 is my kind of dumb

Definitily the second and for this reason.

First one leans waaaay too hard into the irony/symbolism. It ups the ante nicely and feels appropriately more neurotic and crazy. I feel few anime are willing to go as full metal as that one does at the end.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The first, no contest. Second one kind of sucks.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I just first watched the series a couple of years ago and didn't like the switch to the second opening at all. The first one is perfect imo.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 is just too batshit crazy for my tastes. I think the I could appreciate the same kind of unraveling with some frantic jazz instead.

Doesn't matter since the ED is really where its at

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I really, really appreciated how they were prepared to go so out there with the song choice with OP2.

It's shocking, unique, memorable and fits the descent into sheer madness perfectly - especially the breakdown at the end.

Oh, and Zsetsubou Billy is an amazing Ending theme too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always preferred the second. It really serves to set the stage for how far gone Light is after the timeskip. At the time it was one of the most interesting and unique anime openings I had ever seen.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They are both incredible. OP2 was such a wtf moment that I think it takes the edge.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
OP1 is fine, but its as cliche and "anime" sounding as it gets.
OP2 was a giant wtf the first time those credits rolled. OP2 wins easily by how unexpected and now iconic it is. I didn't even have to play the video for op2, because it is still etched in my memory bank unlike op1, where I had to play the video to remind myself what it sounded like.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
OP1 is like "ok this is a shonen anime"
OP2 is "that's death note, motherfucker!"

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
It's obviously "The World", though I will say "Zetsubo Billy" is better than "Alumina" so it balances out.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Staying up til 12:30 am watching Adult Swim and waking up your whole house with OP2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I recently just looked into what Nightmare was up to, I used to listen to them a lot.

Apparently they went on hiatus a few years back when their lead singer was getting vocal chord surgery (which I imagine might be due to his history of smoking and screaming incorrectly - listen to "Nadirecar", he's just blowing out his voice).

They all split up into their own bands, but were supposed to join back up this year. They had a concert planned just a few days ago actually, but I couldn't find any info on it, at least on English google.