• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Do people actually get so scared from a video game that they stop playing it?
I never get scared until I played RE7 in VR. Let's just say it's been a while since I went back to play that game. I can't play it for long sessions due to the anxiety it gives me. I've never experienced fear like that from movies or any other videogame.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Id would be funny if this game was actually more of a survival horror than anything and everyone's negativity was just wanting more action in a sci-fi Silent hill game.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see how this game handles night cycles. All gameplay footage we've seen has been in the daytime.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I can believe handing the controller over thing. I get anxiety with horror games.

Nightmares though? Nah, lip service. But it does make me a little more excited.

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Sin
I never get scared until I played RE7 in VR. Let's just say it's been a while since I went back to play that game. I can't play it for long sessions due to the anxiety it gives me. I've never experienced fear like that from movies or any other videogame.
Very similar to my experience with RE7 in VR. Never had I been truly scared like I was with that game. Got about 1/3 through the game and dropped it. Tried to get back in it without the VR but with the lack of peaking around corners in normal mode I had to drop it again... peaking felt too essential. One day I'll conquer it.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County

Only PT has made me feel extremely unnerved playing a game but RE7 actually gave me anxiety. I remember feeling like it was actually time to fight or flight

Jun 4, 2018
I'm more excited than anyone for Death Stranding, but have trouble finding the source to be reliable. This sounds like an impression based on an extrapolation of what we've already seen, to be honest. Moreover, we would have more hands-on impressions, if any were to be had. Kojima loves to show off, and that ain't ever gonna change.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Anybody know what this means? Also I cant get the website to load here in my tincan workplace.

I mean just reading it seems like it's another hands on.

It's about that Sausage Roll hands on.

O gameplay, de quinze minutos (que não foi mostrado ao público), detalha um pouco do mundo que segundo o site Sausage Roll, site australiano, "é de dar pesadelos".

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
They are making a DS tour around the Halloween period so it explains many things. Kojima trolling and hinting again. He said TPP was a horror game and showed the intro to lure us to believe it was ahorror game and now he classifies DS as an action game yet he never misses an opportunity to show it is a horror game.
Just play it simple and clearly announce this the Silent Hillss game you were always doing, but he will smartly reveal it like in P.T. with a song made by Akira Yamaoka playing nearing the end of the game to make every player drool or faint from emotions.
This will make the game of the history not generation.

Last edited:

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Obviously you have to take that goty thing with a pinch of salt, clearly caught up in the hype but I do hope its very atmospheric, it seems like Sam is a fairly lonely figure out there so its important to have the edgy atmosphere, maybe at times it could be relaxing and others more tense. I really hope there is that PT type of fear in the game

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
didn't even think about a day-night system. It makes total sense considering horizon had a dynamic day/night.

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017

I've tried to play Silent Hill 1, Fatal Frame 1, Siren 1, REmake, and even RE 4. Multiple times. I've always quit within like an hour because I get too scared (aside from Fatal Frame, as I've attempted it so many times I can get a few hours in before freaking out too much).

I get scared very easily.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
This article reads like that old Dead Space 2 review Greg Miller did, but with more typos. I think it would be wise to take what this person says with a grain of salt.

Sounds like somebody doesn't suffer from crippling anxiety.

Apr 27, 2018
They are making a DS tour around the Halloween period so it explains many things. Kojima trolling and hinting again. He said TPP was a horror game and showed the intro to lure us to believe it was ahorror game and now he classifies DS as an action game yet he never misses an opportunity to show it is a horror game.
Just play it simple and clearly announce this the Silent Hillss game you were always doing, but he will smartly reveal it like in P.T. with a song made by Akira Yamaoka playing nearing the end of the game to make every player drool or faint from emotions.
This will make the game of the history not generation.
That would be awesome if true. PT was also a teaser, which didn't relate to Silent Hills at all.

Last thing PT says before the Konami logo:
This game is a teaser. It has no direct relation to the main title.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's a massive open world with wide open spaces and you are completely exposed. As night falls you begin to hear creepy sounds but you have no idea what they are. You try to look around for signs of danger but a thick mist slowly begins to suffocate your site. The sound gets louder and you strain your eyes to see if you can see something and, lo and behold, there seems to be something floating in the mist, and towards you, I might add. I don't know what this is, I don't know what to do, I just freak out and toss the controller over to my friend. That's my experience in a nutshell.
Damn, Kojima accidentally left Metal Gear Survive running on the demo unit.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminded me of this lol
yZPF4C2.gif

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooooooooo if this turns out to be an unintentional (or intentional) horror game of the caliber of Alien: Isolation, I am going to be stoked. I haven't had this game on my radar at all because trailers haven't done anything for me and the question of "what do you do?" has been the only thing occupying my mind. But if it turns out that this is more akin to a horror game where you have to avoid terrifying creatures, then I am sold.

They've shown weird creepy shit from the start, how could you miss it? The whole concept of that machine that detects the invisible creatures, the other world...

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've shown weird creepy shit from the start, how could you miss it? The whole concept of that machine that detects the invisible creatures, the other world...
Creepy isn't the same as what's described as horrific by this author. Never got that impression from trailers. They were more confusing than anything. Never did they evoke what the author experienced.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Not gonna read cause my media blackout.

But I'm down for a Hideo Spookjima game. PT was a nightmare and these BTs are gonna creep me tf out. Can't wait.

Hype.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of playing Silent Hill with friends as a kid, passing around the controller because we were so afraid. Good times.

Also this article made me realize I've never seen any DS night time footage or pictures.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
This reminds me of playing Silent Hill with friends as a kid, passing around the controller because we were so afraid. Good times.

Also this article made me realize I've never seen any DS night time footage or pictures.

TGA 2017 and E3 2018 trailers have night time stuff.

I question the validity of article if the author really did play it given how vague it is and only based on 15 minutes of "play time", and the site as a whole seems suspect from the front page. lol the interesting take away, if anything, I had was the possibility of being playable at PAX behind closed doors and whether we'd hear some impressions over the weekend.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Uhm..I don't believe it.
There's probably going to be a few surprises and a lot of stuff we haven't been shown, but we've seen a large chunk of the game and i doubt there's such a drastic change in mood, besides stuff in the "upside-down".

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
I remember games like Enter the Matrix space stage, Assassins Creed (loading area? Animus?) and Tomb Raider textureless gave anxiety like I can't even describe.
Games that terrified me included Dead Space and even PT. PT scared me.

jp24fan

Nov 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Unfortunately, we may have been played like a certain string instrument.

Mod edit, tweet removed: We do not provide a platform for SkillUp or their content here.

Last edited by a moderator:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Seriously

was the game really playable at this event? 😂😂

Isn't this the first time any journalist has played the game? 😭😭

How is this the only impression we've heard....? lmaoooo
The first day of PAX Australia has been and gone, so I'd have thought we'd have seen more impressions if it was playable publicly there. Still think he's maybe broken an embargo, although in that case not sure why it hasn't been taken down.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Mod edit, tweet removed: We do not provide a platform for SkillUp or their content here.

You mean the same blog claiming news about Kristen Stewart is now living the hobo life with stinky feet and angry men chasing Sarah Michelle Gellar?! Say it ain't so?!

lmao

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

There we go then. I suppose it was poorly enough written than a low effort vague article took a couple of minutes to throw together. Site is probably just designed for hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.