• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If its the private room, its the room where Sam rests in the UCA bases. Its where you customize everything, sleep, take a shower etc. I think I read here that it would be about that, but I still wish for Hades gameplay

Where are you reading it will be about private room instead of Hades here and how are they sure about it? From what I read in different places, people it will be about Hades. That would be really very low to show the private room. We already saw a glimpse of it before so no need to tickle those yelling "boring game" even more. This won't be helpful at all in such circumstances. Everyone needs to be more pumped up and not frosetd instead.

Isn't Mads' character suppose to be just as important to the story as Sam?

Still barely seen much of his character. That alone should alleviate any worries of another MGSV situation where we pretty much saw all the story and cutscenes before the game was even out.

Hey buddy, did you read my previous post? I was highlighting this too. Even the artbook editor was surprised at how people forgot about Cliff while he is the most important character in the game after Sam.
Personally, I think he will be playable at some point in the game to tell his perspective of the game about those can not break the connections and those struggle to stay connected and maybe get an opportunity to use his black hole rifle to travel between dimensions.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
For those worried that think the game might be too long or there is too much micro management stuff going on.

I remember it being mentioned the very easy mode is there for people that just want to get through the game to experience the story.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has the English version been released yet?

Edit: nevermind, glanced right past the answer

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Where are you reading it will be about private room instead of Hades here and how are they sure about it? From what I read in different places, people it will be about Hades. That would be really very low to show the private room. We already saw a glimpse of it before so no need to tickle those yelling "boring game" even more. This won't be helpful at all in such circumstances. Everyone needs to be more pumped up and not frosetd instead.

Hey buddy, did you read my previous post? I was highlighting this too. Even the artbook editor was surprised at how people forgot about Cliff while he is the most important character in the game after Sam.
Personally, I think he will be playable at some point in the game to tell his perspective of the game about those can not break the connections and those struggle to stay connected and maybe get an opportunity to use his black hole rifle to travel between dimensions.
I think I read a twitter post linked here or in the other thread saying it would be about the private room, but I still hope for hades gameplay. Private room is something everyone will enjoy discovering when they play, Hades demo would be much more hype for everyone

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So do you think there's going to be a sci-fi explanation to the other world, people coming back from the dead, etc, or is Sakurai gonna go spiritual?

edit: Not Sakurai, I meant Kojima, lol

Jun 26, 2018
So do you think there's going to be a sci-fi explanation to the other world, people coming back from the dead, etc, or is Sakurai gonna go spiritual?
WelcomeHeavenlyHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, come to think of it, it would be amazing if Sakurai appeared in the game to explain to us that we're all dead and in Hades and doomed to debate Goku vs. Shrek in Smash Bros forever

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I think I read a twitter post linked here or in the other thread saying it would be about the private room, but I still hope for hades gameplay. Private room is something everyone will enjoy discovering when they play, Hades demo would be much more hype for everyone

do you remember the tweet? Was it from an official source related to kojima? I hope this is not the case because we need to be pumped by seeing Mads again.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's doubtful we're getting Hades gameplay (unless it's a really methodical show of it, but so far that dimension has been pretty chaotic):

Here's the "private room" thing:

Dixon

Banned
Sep 10, 2019
You know what? im going to to give it a go. Ive been pessimistic about this for ages and even though i think it wont be great it looks fresh.

If its shit ill just trade it in.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this in the other thread also, but people are saying that the world is empty because we're supposed to build it up with other players

But what exactly are we building? Is there some kind of settlement creation or something?

What is being built?

Oct 26, 2017
I asked this in the other thread also, but people are saying that the world is empty because we're supposed to build it up with other players

Ehh I wouldn't listen to them. All the constructions are about improving the journey for others, there's no hint of it being about filling an empty world for any other purpose.

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Oh no please don't do this to me please!!!!
I refuse to believe that he won't show Mads and his dimension before release.

He's showing the scene and live gameplay of the Private Room etc because it's slower paced so he can talk and focus on the game at the same time.

Mads is actually in Tokyo right now and I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at the third panel on Sunday....

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Sakurai is probably in the game anyway
It's doubtful we're getting Hades gameplay (unless it's a really methodical show of it, but so far that dimension has been pretty chaotic):

Here's the "private room" thing:

yep thats the one, the second.
Goes in line with what the publisher told, they will keep quite some stuff hidden untill release I think :)
He'll probably be the ultimate troll and spend 29 minutes in the private room showing the customization then 30 secondes of teasing lol

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest: After having watched these 50 minutes, I can't help but think everyone praising this game is a troll. Like it's some inside joke these people are in on. :/

Immediate thoughts:
- nothing shown is 'new' in the way Kojima claims he created something never seen before
- I don't see how seeing this video ruins the game
- IF watching 50 minutes could ruin the game, that'd say more about the game than anything else
- I keep reading comparisons to BotW. As I read on twitter: this game looks like if you removed all the fun from Botw and made it look realistic. And added Dark Souls-multiplayer.

I think there wouldn't be this much negativity, if Kojima-fans didn't brand any (mostly valid) criticism as 'hate' or such. It really comes off as cultist.
This is such a stupid take. Just because you are unable to identify what new elements the game brings to the table it means everyone who praises it is a troll? This makes no sense at all.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
hope sam dies at the end some we can create our own character and continue playing

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Good summary for those who ddin't watch or are still waiting for the English video:

Something I've learned from MGS5 and the elements in Death Stranding is that I really like the minute interlocking of the different system in these games. Weight affecting balance affecting clothing etc. is really entertaining and seems more intriguing in this game.

I really hope my posting was worded calmly enough to show I'm not trying to pick a fight. :(

Have you never seen someone praise something and thought to yourself: 'Wat'? Maybe a good example would be modern art. When people praise a painting that consists of a single red stripe and pay millions for it, then I'm also having this feeling 'they're trolling, right?'.

Everyone is free to like what they like, but sometimes it's really hard to understand.
I mean, that feeling isn't actually based in truth about the situation though. I might feel weird about someone painting a red stripe and someone else paying for that red stripe but both people involved are likely genuine rather than simply fucking with me or each other. People aren't disingenuously praising this game just because they want to bamboozle you or anyone else in particular. At least personally I don't have an interest in pretending to be intrigued by a game simply to baffle people who aren't sure if I'm serious (I don't get off on trolling in general anyway). Whether you can or can't understand why people are hyped about this or any other game isn't really anyone's problem to solve. I have no understanding of why people enjoy or get hyped about Animal Crossing or The Sims or its expansions but I'm not bothered by not understanding. I don't have to get to the root as to why people like something that doesn't appeal to me. If you think this game looks boring and derivative, that's fine. But there's no detriment to you or the medium as a whole from others finding it unique and interesting.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Wait....the Monster energy drink is in this game!? That's hilarious. I know how much people on this forum hate advertising in games, but not a peep about this? It's not even set in a contemporary time period!

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Sorry didn't see your last post.

But yeah I agree there is definitely something big in store for Mads. Playable character is very probable. But Kojima will not want to show that along with Hades. Best left as a surprise.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai is probably in the game anyway

yep thats the one, the second.
Goes in line with what the publisher told, they will keep quite some stuff hidden untill release I think :)
He'll probably be the ultimate troll and spend 29 minutes in the private room showing the customization then 30 secondes of teasing lol
What did the publisher say?

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Wait....the Monster energy drink is in this game!? That's hilarious. I know how much people on this forum hate advertising in games, but not a peep about this? It's not even set in a contemporary time period!

yeah but our hate for Kojima trumps everything!
😡 we can't hear this over all this WALKING

these product placements are pretty common in KojiPro games at this point

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monster being around in the games universe just makes me think of Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator from Idiocracy.

Oct 27, 2017
the game seems REALLY cool but I dont much care for Norman Reedus... the guy is a TERRRRRIBLE actor and he seems to phone in every line I've heard him speak in this game...

Jun 26, 2018

It's so silly it's a little hard to grasp honestly, but it isn't new to KojiPro games.

MGS4 has an IPod, for example. So it seems more along the lines of product placement for things Kojima likes personally.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like it. But it's not the first, or even second Kojima game to do it.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I know it's a weird thing to say but I honestly prefer THIS Death Stranding

I know, I know. It's still the same game. I am just saying that I prefer this aspect of Death Stranding more.

As much as I love the dynamic gameplay system and world interaction, I am really not feeling this Iceland world. I honestly wish the whole game looks like the surface of moon or something like the end of the video above.

Jun 26, 2018
I know it's a weird thing to say but I honestly prefer THIS Death Stranding

I know, I know. It's still the same game. I am just saying that I prefer this aspect of Death Stranding more.

As much as I love the dynamic gameplay system and world interaction, I am really not feeling this Iceland world. I honestly wish the whole game looks like the surface of moon or something like the end of the video above.

You'd want the entire game to be 1 type of featureless area? Why?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I just noticed during the briefing from holographic DieHardman before Sam plots his course the screen itself blinks 3 times like we're looking through eyeballs.