• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm REALLY HOPING that the bridges we create for other people can't be sabotaged or moved or taken by randoms online because we'll get another Phantom Pain situation where we couldnt achieve the disarmament ending because there was a dumbass subreddit created and dedicated solely to arming nuclear weapons just to sabotage people cooperating to achieve this ending.
If you think this is gonna have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention
;)

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
If you think this is gonna have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention
;)
Yeah.
it was just mentioned to me that Kojima said that you can get griefed at your base, but he didnt went into specifics.
DS has been described as a game on which we cooperate and unite with other players online and build bridges, it would be so goddamn troll if we could get sabotaged by other randoms online cause they sure love trolling.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Yeah.
it was just mentioned to me that Kojima said that you can get griefed at your base, but he didnt went into specifics.
DS has been described as a game on which we cooperate and unite with other players online and build bridges, it would be so goddamn troll if we could get sabotaged by other randoms online cause they sure love trolling.

Players can deconstruct structures and safe houses you've built if they show up in their game world, but will still remain in your's.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the new footage.

Kojima is definitely a crazy person.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Players can deconstruct structures and safe houses you've built if they show up in their game world, but will still remain in your's.

Thanks for clarifying.
Kojima should know that this mechanic could destroy the integrity of our worlds by random trolls online just trying to sabotage everyone's world building progress.

Jun 26, 2018
Having access to tech that automatically turns your excrement into useful tools is like the height convenience. I'm fine with the sci-fi, just an odd juxtaposition of the survival theme.

It's not so odd if you consider it would be the exact same situation if you or I were to just wander from our home straight into the wilderness. Soon enough we'd be in a survival situation.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Thanks for clarifying.
Kojima should know that this mechanic could destroy the integrity of our worlds by random trolls online just trying to sabotage everyone's world building progress.

Right which is why they've got the system in place and should be fine. It's going to be interesting when the game goes live, I guess I didn't fathom how much other players could affect your experience.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm REALLY HOPING that the bridges we create for other people can't be sabotaged or moved or taken by randoms online because we'll get another Phantom Pain situation where we couldnt achieve the disarmament ending because there was a dumbass subreddit created and dedicated solely to arming nuclear weapons just to sabotage people cooperating to achieve this ending.

Yeah.

Sam : Who are these assholes again?
Die-Hardman : "Homo Demens", militant separatist group.
Sam : I've heard of 'em... bunch of terrorists that go around towns killing people and leaving craters.
[ — omitted for those that didn't watch the briefing clip — ]​
Die-Hardman : [omitted] Right, nothing's off-limits for them. Not even engineering voidouts. They're extremists like the Demens everywhere, plotting in the shadows.

— Kojima with that next level meta

Last edited:

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the new footage.

Kojima is definitely a crazy person.

yeah, and I think it is kind of awesome. I mean this has a very singular creative vision, and yet has a massive budget. Can't really think of any othe AAA games that are taking anywhere near this level of creative risk. I mean he could have played it safe and it least would have had great combat mechanics, incredible visuals and sound, and a crazy narrative.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Sam : Who are these assholes again?
Die-Hardman : "Homo Demens", militant separatist group.
Sam : I've herd of 'em... bunch of terrorists that go around towns killing people and leaving craters.
Die-Hardman : Right, nothing's off-limits for them. Not even engineering voidouts. They're extremists like the Demens everywhere, plotting in the shadows.

— Kojima with that next level meta

Yup, so freaking awesome. I'm totally on board if in-game enemies and factions are going against what youre building or trying to achieve. But not so much if that includes thousands of trolls online going against you too lol.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe this is coming out in a matter of months. My because they had the engine already they had more time creating the content.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
With all the attention to detail, how in-depth the mechanics are and so many options/customization, I am a little worried about the actual main missions of the game because the game "only" had about a 3 year development.

Hope they didn't skimp on one of the most important parts of the game which is the main campaign.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
With all the attention to detail, how in-depth the mechanics are and so many options/customization, I am a little worried about the actual main missions of the game because the game "only" had about a 3 year development.

Hope they didn't skimp on one of the most important parts of the game which is the main campaign.
Kojima said there is more story than MGSV, it's crazy how fast this game was made but already having an engine and not filling the world with things every 10 metres helped with that for sure.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've always liked Sony's approach to video games....but the fact they gave Kojima a blank cheque to make this is crazy and awesome in the same way they stuck with The Last Guardian all those years knowing full well it was a niche game that would not sell a lot....can't wait to play Death Stranding!

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the new footage. The only cool thing they showed is the fact that Norman hits the camera when you focus on his crotch. And tbf, Nier Automata already did something like this.

I'll still get the game and I can't deny the fact that I'm quite interested to see where all this is heading, but the 2 gameplay showcases didn't really do much for me.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Lol well. Basically if the full game doesn't have big emphasis on doing actual things with equal amounts of detail then this isn't going to be for me. I shouldn't have come off the Final Fantasy demo to watching this lol. The game wasn't being made for all that long and it reminds me of when no man sky was talked about. This one doesn't have any promises but people are kind of making up in their heads what the game is going to be and I honestly think it might just be what we've seen. I really hope it's not though at least for me. I'm sure people out there would love this kind of thing, but I see potential in the world and I just hope it isn't mostly stuff like this... Oh well even if it is, a ton of other great games are coming soon so other people can enjoy this one.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ok, seriously, HOW did they have the time to have so many small details and things in this game? It's literally mind boggling. I mean he had to build a new studio, use a new game engine and it has details that no other game has even really cared for or tried to do on that scope.

Just watching the new stream and the amount of animations and things you can make the character do is like, "why?" I mean it's cool, but like most developers would have said "that's crazy, there's more important things to work on instead of having the characters feet tap how you want or making funny poses in a mirror."

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK

Yea,I've been thinking about this the last few days too.The detail is amazing and the world also looks huge.I guess the same amount of effort was put into MGSV and that took a long time to make and ultimately Konami pulled the plug and the game was released unfinished.
I can't imagine for a second Sony will be releasing this game in an unfinished state but I do wonder about the main game structure.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

The artwork editor compared the situation to TPP disarmament and that there are trolls in the world building messed up structures or sabotaging your progress in your playthrough. He was surprised why Kojima didn't show suchtrolls in the gameplay demonstration because it is part of the game.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
It looks very interesting. I love the landscapes and the quirky game design but can someone tell me the point of this game? Is it all about making deliveries?

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
It looks very interesting. I love the landscapes and the quirky game design but can someone tell me the point of this game? Is it all about making deliveries?

Maybe overcoming obstacles to reach a goal sounds less silly? Basically like so many other games. The load of the delivery being added difficulty to the trip.

Nov 1, 2017
Oh wow the gameplay looks really good!
That feels when he is walking back to the base, the bgm totally reminds me of the ladder scene in MGS3 after defeating The End.
Can't wait for this!

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
So I just skipped through it and still can't fully see what this is about, but... Euro Truck Simulator with hiking instead of driving and some shooting/stealth on top? Also wierd babies and some lovecraftian shit? Can't say I have anything against that!

What a wierd game, can't wait for reviews!

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ok, seriously, HOW did they have the time to have so many small details and things in this game? It's literally mind boggling. I mean he had to build a new studio, use a new game engine and it has details that no other game has even really cared for or tried to do on that scope.

Just watching the new stream and the amount of animations and things you can make the character do is like, "why?" I mean it's cool, but like most developers would have said "that's crazy, there's more important things to work on instead of having the characters feet tap how you want or making funny poses in a mirror."
Maybe all the silly animation is probably just straight motion capture data or something. So what it need is just Norman Reedus or some other actor acting out on their motion capture studio for a couple days.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's really intriguing, the amazing environments, the sense of journey trying to make connections and the social aspect associated with the asynchronous multiplayer. There are tons of ideas related to the traversal mechanics and a lot of attention to details as expected in a Kojima game. Other elements like stealth, combat and open world structure seem to be borrowed from MGSV.
Since it's a new game that also relies on players potentially helping each other, it's hard to tell at the moment how engaging the gameplay loop will be in long run and how interesting the story will be . It's also understandable that people who wanted a pure action game (stealth or not) will be partially turned off.

Btw when are we getting the footage with english subtitles?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If anyone thinks this is not gonna win like every GOTY, then people really don't know how this industry works anymore

MetalGear?

Nov 8, 2017

It's 1.5 hours long. Only thing I can come up with.