• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
EFgs1QdUYAAaEAF

I'm shipping Sam x Fragile :D

Amelie looks pretty suspicious anyway

Jun 26, 2018
Weird, especially when Kojima said in the gameplay Porters aren't allowed inside the cities so maybe that changes in the story.

I think I wasn't clear, I don't actually think we'll be going inside any cities, the reddit post does show something interesting, but I think they misinterpreted the map. I'm certain we will mostly be talking to hologram people and waking through desolation for 99% of the game.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
You shouldn't expect going into a bustling city full of NPCs like Witcher 3 or something. That isn't what this game is.

Oct 26, 2017
I think the 'inside' is beyond that wall which is just below the southmost icons. One of the translations of the demo said something about a wall, and it's all open ground around there so there's obviously some amount of distance you can move around further than the delivery station entrance. It looks like its all shipping cranes and containers until that wall.

The icons are something like this:

untitledovjdz.jpg

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I don't expect there to be a bustling city - but probably something like a set-piece/scripted mission event that has Sam entering the city to deal with the terrorist, and after that mission is complete, you can't go back in there.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I think I wasn't clear, I don't actually think we'll be going inside any cities, the reddit post does show something interesting, but I think they misinterpreted the map. I'm certain we will mostly be talking to hologram people and waking through desolation for 99% of the game.
Yeah sorry I got what you meant I honestly meant to respond to the map itself not you

Oct 25, 2017
All the holograms and the limited physical interaction with NPCs make me feel like there may be Nier Automata-like twist down the line

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going with the "everyone's already dead" theory, and what we're seeing in the game isn't the real physical world.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
So, next week, Kojima will be on Russian Central television. Then the next day there will be something like a lecture or public talk at the museum and day after he will be on a Comic Con Russia. Crazy.

Feb 10, 2018
How is giving my opinion negating yours? I thought we were here to talk :)
And yeah congrats on doing what you accuse others of doing ;)

I'm not doing what I'm acusing others of doing, there's is a difference between posting your opinion in a thread and quoting people and saying there wrong, like what's the point in just saying"your wrong" to Somone.
I'm not going around quoting posts in this threads saying "there wrong" am I.

And yes we are here to talk but "your wrong" is not really a serious way to start a constructive dialogue is it, it's like something a kid would say who has not gotten there way.

No need to be so touchy, they're just stating their opinion just like you did

No they are not, they are saying Somone else's opinion is wrong, there is a difference.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not doing what I'm acusing others of doing, there's is a difference between posting your opinion in a thread and quoting people and saying there wrong, like what's the point in just saying"your wrong" to Somone.
I'm not going around quoting posts in this threads saying "there wrong" am I.

And yes we are here to talk but "your wrong" is not really a serious way to start a constructive dialogue is it, it's like something a kid would say who has not gotten there way.
So again, who told you are wrong? I specifically said you're right in my comment :)
You say without having played DS that it's not gonna be big like a R or ND game that you probably played, I consider without having played DS that it's gonna be better than the latest R* and NG games that I played.
I never said you're wrong, you stated your opinion, I responded with mine. Both opinions are valid since they are not yet verifiable, so no one told you you were wrong, you can qui trying to rile people up and for example explain and detail why you think DS is not gonna me as big as a R or NG game, we're here to talk after all :)

Feb 10, 2018
So again, who told you are wrong? I specifically said you're right in my comment :)
You say without having played DS that it's not gonna be big like a R or ND game that you probably played, I consider without having played DS that it's gonna be better than the latest R* and NG games that I played.
I just have a lot more faith in R* and ND to deliver a game I will really enjoy.
Since MGS4 kojimi has been going down hill for me.
I never said you're wrong, you stated your opinion, I responded with mine. Both opinions are valid since they are not yet verifiable, so no one told you you were wrong, you can qui trying to rile people up and for example explain and detail why you think DS is not gonna me as big as a R or NG game, we're here to talk after all :)

Oh I'm sorry I thought you said something else, my mistake.

But you guilty of what u are saying, how do u know DS is "much better" without playing it.
Also don't lie, I never said DS is not going to be big like a r* or ND game.
I said DS is not a r* or ND game, which it isn't.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know they want you to feel isolated and like a lone wolf in this game, but I had really hoped you will be able to visit a city.To see the people you are working your ass off for. Cities are my most favorite location in any game, especially open world games.

Last edited:

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017

But you guilty of what u are saying, how do u know DS is "much better" without playing it.

And a Rockstar game or ND game isn't a Kojima game.

What are you even trying to say?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

I don't know if its better, it's my personal opinion that it will be, just like it's your opinion that it won't, and as I said both opinions are not yet verifiable so both are "valid", the only one guilty of anything would be you when you thought I said your opinion is wrong :)
Technically that's true that you didnt say it wont be big, so sorry about that, however you said :
"Unless there's something a lot better we have no seen, Im not to fussed, it's not like this is a R* or Naughty dog game"
There are actually a few interesting points there that I should have focused on instead of only the snarky comment :)
There is more to be seen, it is clearly know there is stuff kept hidden for release, we just dont know how much or what exactly. It's just like tgere was stuff kept hidden for release in GoW and RDR2. Sure RDR2 and GoW could be considered more easily "attractive" pre release than DS, but still, the best stuff was kept hidden, on purpose in these games, and it worked. It sure seems the same is happening here, could be only story wise but also gameplay wise.
So you're not fussed by the pre release material of DS, maybe because the pre release material is not as good in your opinion than the pre release material of say RDR2 or GOW. That's a valid opinion, just like mine when I say I personaly think the pre release is just as good, and implies even more stuff for release so it seems really good for me
See we're both right until nov8 :)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And this is your first post in this thread.

Imagine coming to a thread dedicated to the game and drop this take. What are you even adding here besides the obvious trolling?
He's allowed to say it doesn't grab him.

He shouldn't try to shut down other people's opinions just because they don't share his own though.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

He shouldn't try to shut down other people's opinions just because they don't share his own though.
But he could participate and explain why the game doesnt grab him as much as a R or ND game, I know I told him why it grabbed me personaly, we're here to talk after all :)

Feb 10, 2018
I don't know if its better, it's my personal opinion that it will be, just like it's your opinion that it won't, and as I said both opinions are not yet verifiable so both are "valid", the only one guilty of anything would be you when you thought I said your opinion is wrong :)
Technically that's true that you didnt say it wont be big, so sorry about that, however you said :
"Unless there's something a lot better we have no seen, Im not to fussed, it's not like this is a R* or Naughty dog game"
There are actually a few interesting points there that I should have focused on instead of only the snarky comment :)
There is more to be seen, it is clearly know there is stuff kept hidden for release, we just dont know how much or what exactly. It's just like tgere was stuff kept hidden for release in GoW and RDR2. Sure RDR2 and GoW could be considered more easily "attractive" pre release than DS, but still, the best stuff was kept hidden, on purpose in these games, and it worked. It sure seems the same is happening here, could be only story wise but also gameplay wise.
So you're not fussed by the pre release material of DS, maybe because the pre release material is not as good in your opinion than the pre release material of say RDR2 or GOW. That's a valid opinion, just like mine when I say I personaly think the pre release is just as good, and implies even more stuff for release so it seems really good for me
See we're both right until nov8 :)

I have never claim the final quality of DS, I'm more the type of person to check a game out when it's released before making any final judgements.
I have more convidence in R* and ND then kojima.
The are some things I like with the pre release footage, it has great visuals, I like the loading up items and the traversal mechanics. It looked like a simple side mission from fallout 4, you deliver some items, encounter the vagabond outpost and kill a boss, it looks good but I want to know a bit more about what most of the missions are and how they tie into the story.
I actually had the same attitude with RDR2, I expected a current gen version of RDR1.

Feb 10, 2018

That's precisely what I'm saying, just saying things like "you're wrong" is the least constructive way to engage with someone. What's the point in talking like that?

Of course he is. Making dumb comparisons isn't that though.
Why are they dumb comparisons?

Shawn Carter

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Going to pre-order the PS4 Pro edition in a few weeks if I still can. I'm not terribly excited about the game, I just need a new PS4 and the timeline is just about perfect.

Poll surprised me a bit. This place always seemed to be sour on Kojima and doubtful of his acclaim.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I have never claim the final quality of DS, I'm more the type of person to check a game out when it's released before making any final judgements.
I have more convidence in R* and ND then kojima.
The are some things I like with the pre release footage, it has great visuals, I like the loading up items and the traversal mechanics. It looked like a simple side mission from fallout 4, you deliver some items, encounter the vagabond outpost and kill a boss, it looks good but I want to know a bit more about what most of the missions are and how they tie into the story.
I actually had the same attitude with RDR2, I expected a current gen version of RDR1.
All of this is perfectly understandable. I completely get that the marketing and footage shown can leave people perplex, wanting to see more. It's think that's what it wants to do : leave you wondering what else there is and where and how far it goes. It will work on a part of the audience, and it wont on the other part who want to have more information.
Personaly I trust Kojipro as much as I trust R and ND to make good games. That's 3 studios that imo make great games(yeah DS is Kojipro's first but the main team is feom before). And also I'm pretty convinced Kojima loves "trolling" as he prouved in previous pre releases, which I think he's also guilty of doing here :) we just dont know to what extent he's trolling, and I belive he's trolling a lot with DS.
I will also say that the dameplay demos personaly also convinced me, but I can understand how some could find them underwhelming. We will soon see evrything they had in store for us soon anyway :)

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Weirdly, playing Shenmue 3 has exponentially raised my hype for this & I was already hyped about it. Feels so good to have something that's paced very differently from a lot of games that are out now.

Shenmue 3 has helped reaffirm that "mundane tasks" can be a lot of fun. I cant wait to explore and micro-manage

Feb 10, 2018
All of this is perfectly understandable. I completely get that the marketing and footage shown can leave people perplex, wanting to see more. It's think that's what it wants to do : leave you wondering what else there is and where and how far it goes. It will work on a part of the audience, and it wont on the other part who want to have more information.
Personaly I trust Kojipro as much as I trust R and ND to make good games. That's 3 studios that imo make great games(yeah DS is Kojipro's first but the main team is feom before). And also I'm pretty convinced Kojima loves "trolling" as he prouved in previous pre releases, which I think he's also guilty of doing here :) we just dont know to what extent he's trolling, and I belive he's trolling a lot with DS.
I will also say that the dameplay demos personaly also convinced me, but I can understand how some could find them underwhelming. We will soon see evrything they had in store for us soon anyway :)

I certainly hope so, I think the gameplay will tie more into the story then the gameplay we have seen so far. However this thread is about are you convinced from the media shown enough to buy it, as of yet I'm not.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Maaaaaaaaan....not sure if it's still a blessing or a curse but my trusty old Panasonic plasma TV died this morning. ....😭

The result is now having ordered a 2019 4K QLED set meaning DS should pop even more, hopefully. lmao

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Chvrces have a song in the Timefall album. Not exactly the music you'd expect in the game, I suspect it's one of those tracks you can set to play in your shelter for other Sam's to hear.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
So, I preorder this, cuz Kojima. Watched the 49 gameplay minutes from TGS and it will certainly feel new and fresh if nothing else, though I'd like a better sense of the main plot/main story missions and how that threads through the game. Gameplay loop seems fun.

Are there more, recent videos that outline any of the rest of the game?

Seems cool and I'm in for sure on launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.