• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
🙏

Thanks vestan for the new avatar!

Edit: Actually Was wondering if I could also get this version below without the top bit of Amelie's head cut off haha

ZYhCElo.png

That's the best I can get it I'm afraid :(

I cropped this from the E3 2018 trailer and the shot has the top of her hair covered unfortunately as you can see here.

TiZQGHZ.png

To make up for it though, if you tell me a certain Death Stranding scene/person/screenshot you want me to crop for an avatar, I'll do so for you :)

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
🙏

That's the best I can get it I'm afraid :(

I cropped this from the E3 2018 trailer and the shot has the top of her hair covered unfortunately as you can see here.

TiZQGHZ.png

To make up for it though, if you tell me a certain Death Stranding scene/person/screenshot you want me to crop for an avatar, I'll do so for you :)

I appreciate the effort regardless dude!
Alright seeing as you offering :P could you get me an avatar of man in the golden mask where he finger points at Sam/his BT sensor comes alive.

Hopefully its not too rough as I know the scene is a bit dark
Its from this trailer at around 3:58:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I appreciate the effort regardless dude!
Alright seeing as you offering :P could you get me an avatar of man in the golden mask where he finger points at Sam/his BT sensor comes alive.

Hopefully its not too rough as I know the scene is a bit dark
Its from this trailer at around 3:58:

Whaddaya think? These okay?

S8pRTJM.png
e0oGtuW.png
LAMSQ9j.png
kPReNn6.png
2H5IqkE.png

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Some Mads comments in this article

Says it left him breathless, also that it's hard for him to accept he doesn't know the full story. Also Cliff isn't simply an antagonist

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Some Mads comments in this article

Says it left him breathless, also that it's hard for him to accept he doesn't know the full story. Also Cliff isn't simply an antagonist

Mads does know the story, but the way it was made and presented is what was confusing to act.
As in he can't be sure an arc is continuing from one part to another when player interaction can miss entire parts out or change things.
We don't know to what extent player choice impacts the story, but it sounds way more of a thing than in most Metal Gear games

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
So where's the marketing push for this? I couldn't move a muscle without running into an ad for Days Gone but i haven't seen much so far for DS

Oct 26, 2017
I think I haven't read all the Mads stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if most of his work is versions of semi-interactive baby pod scenes.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
There's a 4chan thread of someone claiming to have a early copy based in Turkey, but it looks suspect as fuck. The only image posted so far doesn't really look legit and the details shared are the kind where they're vague enough to sound legit but likely sourced from the trailers.

They're claiming they'll post another screen here soon so, we'll see.

Edit: never mind it's fake lmao

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
There's a 4chan thread of someone claiming to have a early copy based in Turkey, but it looks suspect as fuck. The only image posted so far doesn't really look legit and the details shared are the kind where they're vague enough to sound legit but likely sourced from the trailers.

They're claiming they'll post another screen here soon so, we'll see.

Edit: never mind it's fake lmao

Man, those of us really interested in this game don't really care for the leaks fam. We going into this fresh with nothing but official released material and fan theories in mind.

Oct 25, 2017
Game went gold like a week ago and it's probably being localized for international markets as we speak.
It will take some time for copies to start leaking out.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I meant localized for non-English speaking countries.

That should have been done before the game went gold.

Actually there's a user here in Era that works on localization and said a long time ago (before the game had a release date) they were already working on Death Stranding iirc (edit: just confirmed, he said this in november last year).

We should really do that. It seems like Sony wants to localize that game for every country under the sun.

It's nothing new from them, they do this for all their games. Sony support for non-english markets is extemely good, most likely one of the main reasons why they sell so well worldwide.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
ESRB rating and descriptor is up. Some out of context spoilers are there regarding scenes.
"Players use machine guns, grenades, and shotguns to kill enemies; firefights are highlighted by realistic gunfire, large splashes of blood, and cries of pain"
Shootbang confirmed, people can stop complaining ^^

Also, the spoilers in the description are not so out of context. Names are not cited but you kno who is that person getting shot in the head

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
"Players use machine guns, grenades, and shotguns to kill enemies; firefights are highlighted by realistic gunfire, large splashes of blood, and cries of pain"
Shootbang confirmed, people can stop complaining ^^

Also, the spoilers in the description are not so out of context. Names are not cited but you kno who is that person getting shot in the head

Do we? I can think of a couple of options at least.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Do we? I can think of a couple of options at least.
Yeah maybe it's not THAT obvious you're right. Personnaly I was thinking (spoilers just in case)
the comatose lady being shot in the head would be the President's death which seems to happen quite early. Or they revealed an ending spoiler whre it's revealed that Amelie was kept comatose in Edge Knot City and the ending is sam shooting her in the heade ^^

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Shuhei Yoshida of WWS got to play 10 hours of Death Stranding and had some interesting things to say about it

Shuhei Yoshida said:
In total I played around 10 hours from the beginning, but it still feels like it's only starting. Other people were there and would try the game simultaneously, including Director Kojima, who showed me tons of ways to use Sam's tools I didn't think of myself.

Shuhei Yoshida said:
I'd compare the story to a really well done Netflix original series. It feels like I reached only half of that series, and there are still many possibilities for what could happen next. Also, I heard you'll definitely cry when reaching the second half of the game. Kojima Productions' staff told me this, and even the debuggers at Sony told me this as well.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah maybe it's not THAT obvious you're right. Personnaly I was thinking (spoilers just in case)
the comatose lady being shot in the head would be the President's death which seems to happen quite early. Or they revealed an ending spoiler whre it's revealed that Amelie was kept comatose in Edge Knot City and the ending is sam shooting her in the heade ^^

Yeah I thought of that, but I also thought maybe it could be
Heartman getting shot while he's out on the table one time
Or maybe they end up killing one of the still mothers to fuck with your BB at some point.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I thought of that, but I also thought maybe it could be
Heartman getting shot while he's out on the table one time
Or maybe they end up killing one of the still mothers to fuck with your BB at some point.
But when Heartman is "out" for 3 minutes, he's dead not comatose? Having stillmothers killed as a way of pressure/fucking with you from the HomoDemons is a give, and apparently the on screen death of a BB, even if unintentional

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Another option
Lisa, the comatose stillmother in the flashbacks with Cliff. The "infant getting shot" could also refer to the scene in the release date trailer with Cliff when he is singing the lullaby with blood on himself.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Another option
Lisa, the comatose stillmother in the flashbacks with Cliff. The "infant getting shot" could also refer to the scene in the release date trailer with Cliff when he is singing the lullaby with blood on himself.
Wait what? What Flashback? And I thought
Lisa was Sam's wife that we see on the picture?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Wait what? What Flashback? And I thought
Lisa was Sam's wife that we see on the picture?

Every time Sam plugs into the BB pod we see a flashback of BB's memories, so all those first person scenes next to Cliff
The only mention of Lisa is by Cliff to the comatose woman in BB's memory, there is no mention of her relation to anyone else as of yet

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Every time Sam plugs into the BB pod we see a flashback of BB's memories, so all those first person scenes next to Cliff
The only mention of Lisa is by Cliff to the comatose woman in BB's memory, there is no mention of her relation to anyone else as of yet
Oh ok these scenes, yeah right they're flashbacks. Ok so yeah it might actually be that, nice !

Edit : haha I mistook another Lisa related to another character played by Reedus^^

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
that esrb description has a spoiler that I didn't want to read.
I mean I was expecting that to happen in the game (if you're talking about
A mother and a BB getting killed on screen
) so I'm not that mad, especially since they fortunately don't say who it is.

But yeah if you want to go as blind as possible, do not read thedescription

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Yes glad to hear the game has more going for it than revealed. I love it when games are kept secretive and full of surprises instead of a media blowout!

Not gonna read anything about it since I already have a pre order placed. I rarely pre-order, but was near a shop and did a spontanous thing. This and COD are the only games I have pre ordered since RDR 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.