• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Yeah I know about this. Obviously Tim is taking his time as are other people but the point is that reviewers/influencers got copies days before, so it's not a stretch to assume some are done with the main story at this point and the possibility of major spoilers popping up now is quite high. Assuming review codes were being sent at Oct 13 at the earliest, that means some reviewers have had five days with the game.

I give it a few more days then actual spoilers and anonymous gameplay impressions will start popping up on places.

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know about this. Obviously Tim is taking his time as are other people but the point is that reviewers/influencers got copies days before, so it's not a stretch to assume some are done with the main story at this point and the possibility of major spoilers popping up now is quite high. Assuming review codes were being sent at Oct 13 at the earliest, that means some reviewers have had five days with the game.

I give it a few more days then actual spoilers and anonymous gameplay impressions will start popping up on places.

Popping up now, yes. Popping up the day of when we all freaked out, though? Especially anything regarding late in game stuff? Little to no shot.

Its a legit post. I can't find it right now but he has a reply to this tweet explaining the 40 hours.

The explanation was already posted, saying he doesn't play games like most normally would. It also doesn't mean he's deep enough into the story to share crazy twists and turns to the extent such exist lol.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
You really think no one was nearing the end-game yesterday? The faked image was bull sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people have finished the game already.

Anyways the Discord spoilers posted by Lannisters1798 a few days ago were 6 hours into the game. Nothing significant at all.

The faked stuff and the spoiler thread was created 2 days ago. That is what I'm talking about.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The faked stuff and the spoiler thread was created 2 days ago. That is what I'm talking about.
That faked image was posted late into yesterday lol. The 4chan poster who made it posted the thread with the images a bit before that. The spoiler thread was posted almost 2 days ago and that's when the early impressions Discord images were being posted.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
That faked image was posted late into yesterday lol. The spoiler thread was posted 2 days ago and that's when the early impressions Discord images were being posted.

The spoiler thread with the 4chan image and the clearly faked other bits. That was 2 days ago and again, is my only reference. I don't know what's in there now, it's been ignored since then. But to assume a reviewer got to the end of the game by when the thread was posted is belied by space and time.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It's great that reviewers have time to play 40+ hours this far behind the release date. MGSV's 'Review Event' definitely effected the way those reviews went (as many of MGSV's problems come after you finish Chapter 1 40+ hours in) but that fortunately won't be the case here.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't there a huge thing spoilered out that folks like Simo read and determined were fake? I genuinely don't know as I saw the 4chan image, scrolled to see spoiiler'd bits, and got out of dodge.

My general point is that no one finished the game when the spoiler thread was initially created and such any stories riding off of that stuff 2 days ago are false.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Could people be finished the game now, right this very second? Sure. I'd reckon alleged leaks posted NOW and the next coming weeks have a higher chance at veracity than any did immediately after the reviewers got access.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Wasn't there a huge thing spoilered out that folks like @Simo read and determined were fake? I genuinely don't know as I saw the 4chan image, scrolled to see spoiiler'd bits, and got out of dodge.
Those were fake spoilers associated with the 4chan image, I'm saying those are fake lol, I was the one who debunked the fake image, but they aren't the bits I'm talking about. If you look at the first few posts in the spoiler thread, Lannisters1798 posted potential early-game spoilers from someone 6 hours in (again, this could be fake but it looked legit to me).

My general point is that no one finished the game when the spoiler thread was initially created and such any stories riding off of that stuff 2 days ago are false.
But the stuff two days ago were the early game spoilers I was talking about, lol. I think there's a bit of confusion. I'd agree with you if reviewers/influencers only started receiving codes 2 days ago but we know some people have had the game for up to 5 days now, (remember, the Death Stranding reviewer on PSN image surfaced on Oct 13) so it's not a stretch to assume someone's done with it at least. If Tim Rogers had 40 hours clocked almost two days ago, then there's probably a few out there with similar amounts that have finished the game.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
/v/, it happened with Spider-Man and I was there for that too. Dude was posting suits, story spoilers and a bunch of stuff. Good times.
So posting screenshots to prove it's the real deal, but using reddit's anonimity? makes sense yeah, I wrongly thought if you break NDA they had the right to request your info if you post from an anonymous site.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So posting screenshots to prove it's the real deal, but using reddit's anonimity? makes sense yeah, I wrongly thought if you break NDA they had the right to request your info if you post from an anonymous site.
Nah, lol. You could prolly just make a burner account. Some dude was doing that in the Spider-Man reddit too posting gameplay.

Generally, stuff that's only text I'll take with a grain of salt (unless it sounds really convincing) but shit that has screenshots/gameplay attached is prolly legit.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Those were fake spoilers associated with the 4chan image, I'm saying those are fake lol, I was the one who debunked the fake image, but they aren't the bits I'm talking about. If you look at the first few posts in the spoiler thread, Lannisters1798 posted potential early-game spoilers from someone 6 hours in (again, this could be fake but it looked legit to me).

But the stuff two days ago were the early game spoilers I was talking about, lol. I think there's a bit of confusion. I'd agree with you if reviewers/influencers only started receiving codes 2 days ago but we know some people have had the game for up to 5 days now, (remember, the Death Stranding reviewer on PSN image surfaced on Oct 13) so it's not a stretch to assume someone's done with it at least. If Tim Rogers had 40 hours clocked almost two days ago, then there's probably a few out there with similar amounts that have finished the game.

Do we really know that? I thought most signs point to October 13th/14th. The PSN image could have been a Sony employee, not a reviewer/etc.

The early game spoilers were never what I was discussing. I know a fake ending and a fake twist very briefly surfaced on the subreddit; that's what I'm talking.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The PSN image could have been a Sony employee, not a reviewer/etc.
That could be a possibility yeah, but like I'm saying, the fact that Tim Rogers had 40 hours played just a few days ago makes me think that other reviewers/influencers who got early review codes have had a similar amount clocked in too. Though that's not enough to infer if they could be finished with the game and its story. Assuming most reviewers got their codes on Oct 15-16, anything a few days from now to Nov 1 has a chance of being legit (when the end-game is concerned lol). I'm just waiting for some early game impressions tbh, I'd imagine most people playing the game right now are a few hours in but there's noooooooooooothing :X

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
That could be a possibility yeah, but like I'm saying, the fact that Tim Rogers had 40 hours played just a few days ago makes me think that other reviewers/influencers who got early review codes have had a similar amount clocked in too. Though that's not enough to infer if they could be finished with the game and its story. Assuming most reviewers got their codes on Oct 15-16, anything a few days from now to Nov 1 has a chance of being legit (when the end-game is concerned lol). I'm just waiting for some early game impressions tbh, I'd imagine most people playing the game right now are a few hours in but there's noooooooooooothing :X

Right, we agree there. I just don't think anything prior to now had any actual chance of being real.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Right, we agree there. I just don't think anything prior to now had any actual chance of being real.

There's always the chance that the story doesn't have that many massive twists in it that couldn't already be guessed. I highly doubt it, and I would hate for that to be the case, but Kojima's last game had a twist that could literally be figured out in the first 20 seconds of the reveal trailer.

I'm so hoping that this story can 'go places'; I completely missed that with MGSV and I really want to have that experience here.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
There's always the chance that the story doesn't have that many massive twists in it that couldn't already be guessed. I highly doubt it, and I would hate for that to be the case, but Kojima's last game had a twist that could literally be figured out in the first 20 seconds of the reveal trailer.

I'm so hoping that this story can 'go places'; I completely missed that with MGSV and I really want to have that experience here.

Extremely same!

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
If reviewers are just starting rn, I doubt there is much to say about the story or gameplay in the first hours, so the lack of early impressions is not surprising.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, lol. You could prolly just make a burner account. Some dude was doing that in the Spider-Man reddit too posting gameplay.

Generally, stuff that's only text I'll take with a grain of salt (unless it sounds really convincing) but shit that has screenshots/gameplay attached is prolly legit.
Yeah text only is way too easy lol.
So it's cool that apparently the reviewers are playing along and not making burners to post screenshots and spoilers in reddit.

Oct 26, 2017
Follow up tweet Is just something he had to say so that people don't assume it's indicative of the length, something that would obviously break the embargo.

Now I do know a guy who's playing it but I don't feel like pestering him
This game has a mechanic where you can leave your character to go to sleep and recuperate in real time so yeah.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
A local radio station aired the self-titled song from CHVRCHES yesterday, mentioning it was written for the game.

This is gonna go into overdrive soon.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend texted me this morning saying she a had a dream where I stood her up on a date because DS came out early. She even wanted a comment on my opinion on the matter. I feel attacked

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend texted me this morning saying she a had a dream where I stood her up on a date because DS came out early. She even wanted a comment on my opinion on the matter. I feel attacked
giphy.gif

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
I send my girlfriend on holiday from friday to sunday and my son to his grandparents so i can enjoy DS for many many hours :)

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Wasn't there a huge thing spoilered out that folks like Simo read and determined were fake? I genuinely don't know as I saw the 4chan image, scrolled to see spoiiler'd bits, and got out of dodge.

There's some discord images in there but even those seem fake as hell and the reviewer claims to be from "Bangladesh, India"....when Bangladesh is its own sovereign country so nobody from there would ever say that. lol

I honestly don't expect much leaks from reviewers given the state of the embargoes and honestly wouldn't expect anything until early retail copies get out. Every one announcing their review codes was all per PR and the embargo. lol

Oct 25, 2017
There's some discord images in there but even those seem fake as hell and the reviewer claims to be from "Bangladesh, India"....when Bangladesh is its own sovereign country so nobody from there would ever say that. lol

I honestly don't expect much leaks from reviewers given the state of the embargoes and honestly wouldn't expect anything until early retail copies get out. Every one announcing their review codes was all per PR and the embargo. lol

LMAO

For real?

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah? Well, I had a dream where I was interrogating a serial killer who was a soup in a microwave food tray, but then Mads Mikkelsen slid out from under my bed and knifed the tray, which I've found most disappointing. That Mads is a real menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.