• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Honestly I don't know why you'd post this.

Nothing really, just the realisation gamers have strong feelings both ways regarding Kojima games (which we knew) and getting caught in worshippers' and haters' crossfire must be tiring for someone working in the press.
Of course he's not literally miserable, just pissed at gamers.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really, just the realisation gamers have strong feelings both ways regarding Kojima games (which we knew) and getting caught in worshippers' and haters' crossfire must be tiring for someone working in the press.
Of course he's not literally miserable, just pissed at gamers.

On a very loosely related note, It'll be interesting when a noted Kojima lover (Dan Ryckert) hates it because it's not Metal Gear.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Me trying to figure out whether to keep my physical pre-order or change it to a digital one:

giphy.gif

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Me trying to figure out whether to keep my physical pre-order or change it to a digital one:

giphy.gif
I have the special edition preordered on Amazon, I really hope it is actually delivered on time for launch, but I'm also pretty sure street date will be broken by some shops...Don't know what to do lol

Plum

May 31, 2018

It's the Higgs Variant Standard edition from Amazon:

71bN0hyWE5L._SL1500_.jpg

I have the special edition preordered on Amazon, I really hope it is actually delivered on time for launch, but I'm also pretty sure street date will be broken by some shops...Don't know what to do lol

I'd upgrade to the Special Edition but it not having the content of the Digital Deluxe Edition kind of sucks.

(I know you can find that stuff in-game but it's still annoying)

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's good that the collectors edition bridge baby doesn't come with any actual liquids because you know there'd be at least one person who'd try drinking that shit

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

71bN0hyWE5L._SL1500_.jpg

I'd upgrade to the Special Edition but it not having the content of the Digital Deluxe Edition kind of sucks.

Yeah I got the special edition for the steelcase, the dynamic theme and the making of video. I decided I won't use the in game objects before unlocking them playing

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
So I just thought of something. I changed my US collectors edition to the Deluxe/Special edition on Amazon.

Now an international work trip came on the day of release so I'll be in the Netherlands when this comes out.

I think I will cancel my amazon preorder and get the EU special edition physical but would I need to preorder it somehow?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

71bN0hyWE5L._SL1500_.jpg

I was planning on going digital deluxe but with Best Buy making this available at 9pm Thursday I changed my mind.

Still, that sleeve looks great.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just thought of something. I changed my US collectors edition to the Deluxe/Special edition on Amazon.

Now an international work trip came on the day of release so I'll be in the Netherlands when this comes out.

I think I will cancel my amazon preorder and get the EU special edition physical but would I need to preorder it somehow?

Just pre-order it from Amazon Netherlands and have it delivered?

Plum

May 31, 2018
[Q
I was planning on going digital deluxe but with Best Buy making this available at 9pm Thursday I changed my mind.

Still, that sleeve looks great.

Unfortunately I don't know of any website or shop in the UK that will guarantee early availability, so for me the earliest guaranteed availability is buying the digital version.

And, yeah, that sleeve looks great but I won't really be looking at it that much anyway.

LRN

Oct 25, 2017
[Q

Unfortunately I don't know of any website or shop in the UK that will guarantee early availability, so for me the earliest guaranteed availability is buying the digital version.

And, yeah, that sleeve looks great but I won't really be looking at it that much anyway.

Don't know if it helps, but I never had any game preorder from Amazon UK not arriving on release date. A couple times it arrived the day before even.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Don't know if it helps, but I never had any game preorder from Amazon UK not arriving on release date. A couple times it arrived the day before even.

Yeah I've never had bad luck with them, but there's a chance my copy might arrive later in the day and I have to go to work at 6pm on Fridays so it'd leave me with very-little-to-no time to play.

Might just suck it up and go digital. At least with that I'll be able to replay/play it on PS5 for sure, and the Special Edition/Higgs Variant stuff would just go into a draw and be forgotten anyway (like with RDR2, AC: Odyssey, and a few other games).

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad idea but do you think I'll be able to have it delivered to a hotel? That's my only fear, so I might just try to go to a retail store if there's one around. I'm going to do some research when I get back to my computer.

Honestly, I would either pick it up in a shop somewhere or go digital download in that case.

They might be able to deliver to a hotel, but I wouldn't take the chance.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Honestly, I would either pick it up in a shop somewhere or go digital download in that case.

They might be able to deliver to a hotel, but I wouldn't take the chance.
Yea good call, now I need to just figure out what stores in Europe sell games and if there are any where I'll be staying.

I'll be in Tolkamer/Lobith on Friday for work and then I'm free until my flight home from Amsterdam on Sunday morning. I think I'll stay in Amsterdam or Rotterdam on Friday night/all day Saturday so I'm sure I won't have trouble finding a copy.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's good that the collectors edition bridge baby doesn't come with any actual liquids because you know there'd be at least one person who'd try drinking that shit
LOL

Shit tho, it looks so nice. Apparantely these things are decently big too. It's cool you can use it as a lamp though you'd never catch me doing that 🤣 Would defo freak some people out.

c9jibqEjJknuqFQmvdR6fG-650-80.jpg

VNZeQhS67hi6wXbmkERgqG-650-80.jpg

giQjapFbbYqjaVgSfZJj7H-650-80.jpg

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
...aaaand I've cancelled it. Thank god you can cancel digital preorders here.

Don't mind me, this is just my usual choice paralysis that I have. I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to making a firm decision on things.

I've done this with many, many games in the past, so there's no shame coming from me!

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
...aaaand I've cancelled it. Thank god you can cancel digital preorders here.

Don't mind me, this is just my usual choice paralysis that I have. I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to making a firm decision on things.
It's better than what I'll probably do when I end up double diping when it's confirmed shops break the street date ^^

Oct 28, 2017
Dan Ryckert, on the latest Beastcast has made it pretty clear he just dropped the game and didn't enjoy his time with it at all. Kinda hoping he dropped it very quickly because it's just not for him, rather than feeling like this even after finishing it.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Ryckert, on the latest Beastcast has made it pretty clear he just dropped the game and didn't enjoy his time with it at all. Kinda hoping he dropped it very quickly because it's just not for him, rather than feeling like this even after finishing it.

I think a safe assumption is he dropped it quickly. This game has never seemed to be his bag, despite the Metal Gear love.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Woah. Considering how much he loves Metal Gear (from what I remember) I find this pretty surprising. Any reasons why that you can remember?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Woah. Considering how much he loves Metal Gear (from what I remember) I find this pretty surprising. Any reasons why that you can remember?
Apparently it's because he doesn't like games with realistic mechanics/micro-management, made him drop RDR2 completely too, so I don't think it's indicative that the game is bad, just that he doesn't like it because he's not a fan of this types of mechanics that are very present in the game

Oct 28, 2017

They all acknowledge that they have the game and can say they are playing it but are under NDA so no specifics. Dan goes out of his way to repeatedly imply he isn't playing it anymore, that people should spend time playing games they enjoy, saying this year hasn't been great for games and how he's just looking forward to Call of Duty because he currently isn't really playing anything. He also reflects on how he might have been too critical on RDR2 now that he looks back on it and says that game did some good things, which can be interpreted to mean anything really, but in context kinda feels like he might be saying that even given how much he bagged on RDR2, DS is even worse for him.

Last edited:

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
They all acknowledge that they have the game and can say they are playing it but are under NDA so no specifics. Dan goes out of his way to repeatedly insinuate he isn't playing it anymore, that people should spend time playing games they enjoy, saying this year hasn't been great for games and how he's just looking forward to Call of Duty because he currently isn't really playing anything. He also reflects on how he might have been too critical on RDR2 now than he looks back on it and says that game did some good things, which can be interpreted to mean anything really, but in context kinda feels like he might be saying that even given how much he bagged on RDR2, DS is even worse for him.
Welp.

Oct 27, 2017
Dan is the master troll so i wouldnt take anything he says too seriously until Nov 1st.....also remember he campaigned for rdr2 to be the worst game of last year for GB sooo....

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it's because he doesn't like games with realistic mechanics/micro-management, made him drop RDR2 completely too, so I don't think it's indicative that the game is bad, just that he doesn't like it because he's not a fan of this types of mechanics that are very present in the game
That's a good point. I loved RDR2 though.
They all acknowledge that they have the game and can say they are playing it but are under NDA so no specifics. Dan goes out of his way to repeatedly imply he isn't playing it anymore, that people should spend time playing games they enjoy, saying this year hasn't been great for games and how he's just looking forward to Call of Duty because he currently isn't really playing anything. He also reflects on how he might have been too critical on RDR2 now than he looks back on it and says that game did some good things, which can be interpreted to mean anything really, but in context kinda feels like he might be saying that even given how much he bagged on RDR2, DS is even worse for him.
I can understand that to an extent. Does seem like if you're not into the core mechanics, there's not much else to really pull you along. Since it's seemingly such a lonely relatively sparse game.
I think folks expecting a Metal Gear game are going to be wildly disappointed if that hour long gameplay video is anything to go by.
Well, yeah. I thought he'd be on board for the weird shit though and there's tons of it in DS at least from appearance so far.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about this a bit more, if it bombs critically we will have plenty of time to adjust our preorders accordingly!!!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I think vestan is intentionally trying to sabotage this game with the insane number of DS threads he creates. :P

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017

That would be 2 years in a row he ends up hating the game he looks forward to the most. That kinda sucks for him

Dan is the master troll so i wouldnt take anything he says too seriously until Nov 1st.....also remember he campaigned for rdr2 to be the worst game of last year for GB sooo....

Did he? I think he only campaigned for it in the "most disappointing" category and he made totally valid points there.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
They all acknowledge that they have the game and can say they are playing it but are under NDA so no specifics. Dan goes out of his way to repeatedly imply he isn't playing it anymore, that people should spend time playing games they enjoy, saying this year hasn't been great for games and how he's just looking forward to Call of Duty because he currently isn't really playing anything. He also reflects on how he might have been too critical on RDR2 now that he looks back on it and says that game did some good things, which can be interpreted to mean anything really, but in context kinda feels like he might be saying that even given how much he bagged on RDR2, DS is even worse for him.

For all its flaws RDR2 did a few things amazingly well and I personally loved it and regard it as an incredible achievement in many ways.

If DS mechanics are not his thing and all there's left for him to appreciate in the game are the same aspects RDR2 excels at, that would explain him recognising R*'s achievement as somewhat groundbreaking in the industry.
He's only one year too late :P

I don't see DS being as strong in characters, writing and interactive storytelling, for example but who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.