• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Gonna be excellent times playing this, oh yes. I just gotta watch out for these spoilers while sticking around online for a dash of hype.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Suffering out here. Why can't it be released like tomorrow.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those times I wish they would just make it official... "Hey Amazon, you can go ahead and ship those pre-orders now, it's okay."

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. How else would I be able to pull an all-nighter for this?
source.gif

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watch this yet. So i don't know if it's any good. But i saw it pop up in my recommendations.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I walked into the store to pre-order today and I didn't realise how much I hated the cover until I saw it in person. It looks horrible and dull on a shelf.
Steelbook for me. (conspiracy theory, companies make the covers suck on purpose to bait me into buying the better one)

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
I walked into the store to pre-order today and I didn't realise how much I hated the cover until I saw it in person. It looks horrible and dull on a shelf.
Steelbook for me. (conspiracy theory, companies make the covers suck on purpose to bait me into buying the better one)
The deluxe edition is $10 more, and you get a ton of goodies.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I've been careful trying not to venture into the spoiler thread..

Has there been any impressions in regards to the general atmosphere/vibe of the game? I hope it's as melancholic as the trailers have suggested, that's a big draw for me.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been careful trying not to venture into the spoiler thread..

Has there been any impressions in regards to the general atmosphere/vibe of the game? I hope it's as melancholic as the trailers have suggested, that's a big draw for me.

Well I don't see barney the dinasour popping half way into the game (unless he's washed up on the shore with an umbilical cord)

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I was losing a lot of hype after the initial gameplay reveals but fuck it, I can't wait to open my CE.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm really glad I blocked the spoiler thread, I know my will is weak after spoiling KH3 for myself so it is best to remove all temptations.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017

That's not the lenght of the video
That timecode indicates playhead position, where the cursor is currently sitting.

Assuming we're looking at more or less the whole timeline 5'42 appears to be roughly halfway.
That gives us a ~12 minutes timline.
Light gray area is the 'work area', so presumably the trailer itself, which is more than half the timeline.

Those taller notches indicate hours, minutes or half minutes etc. depending on the zoom level.
Since the cursor is sitting a few short notches away from the 11th visible tall notch (that should be the 6' mark, since the timecode reads 5'42") i believe it's half minutes here, with the first half minute being hidden offscreen to the left from the scrolling.

Of course though, there are other reasons why one would set the work area to not match the actual video and he could have manually altered the timecode to display something different.
Anyway, assuming he isn't being misleading, counting the 'half minutes' present in the work area, that could mean a 7'20" something trailer.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
That's not the lenght of the video
That timecode indicates playhead position, where the cursor is currently sitting.

Assuming we're looking at more or less the whole timeline 5'42 appears to be roughly halfway.
That gives us a ~12 minutes timline.
Light gray area is the 'work area', so presumably the trailer itself, which is more than half the timeline.

Those taller notches indicate hours, minutes or half minutes etc. depending on the zoom level.
Since the cursor is sitting a few short notches away from the 11th visible tall notch (that should be the 6' mark, since the timecode reads 5'42") i believe it's half minutes here, with the first half minute being hidden offscreen to the left from the scrolling.

Of course though, there are other reasons why one would set the work area to not match the actual video and he could have manually altered the timecode to display something different.
Anyway, assuming he isn't being misleading, counting the 'half minutes' present in the work area, that could mean a 7'20" something trailer.
Thanks for the info. That's even better!!

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't watch this yet. So i don't know if it's any good. But i saw it pop up in my recommendations.

Good watch ! A few quotes :

He insists that Kojima is a genius, "he's on another level"
Del Toro (who gave him is 1st acting job) once contacted Reedus and told him "I'm gonna introduce you to this guy, just say yes"

Still watching it, vestan quick make a thread ^^

Edit : it's super interesting, talks about the motion capture process and how he worked with Kojima on little details to make the character feel alive, super interesting

"I used to play Defenders and Pac-Man...this ain't that" :)

Edit again : Was this known already and I missed it ? Reedus talks about how Sam
has an issue wth contact, like he "can't deal with touch"

Last edited:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Good watch ! A few quotes :

He insists that Kojima is a genius, "he's on another level"
Del Toro (who gave him is 1st acting job) once contacted Reedus and told him "I'm gonna introduce you to this guy, just say yes"

Still watching it, vestan quick make a thread ^^

Edit : it's super interesting, talks about the motion capture process and how he worked with Kojima on little details to make the character feel alive, super interesting

"I used to play Defenders and Pac-Man...this ain't that" :)

Edit again : Was this known already and I missed it ? Reedus talks about how Sam

I feel him on that last bit.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I'm perfectly fine if it ends up being an 80 something game on Metacritic. However, this sort of rating will have people going into a meltdown and I'm expecting a fun ride in the review thread.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Hype!!!!

Jeff Cannata from the latest podcast of DLC - He criticized Riot games announcements saying its neat but they could have been so much more ambitious and references Death Stranding and I am paraphrasing-

" Riot Games could have done something more innovative with the capital they have at their disposal. Its hard for me what I would want from them without refrencing something I am not supposed to talk about but Simon and I are playing Death Stranding right now. Riot Games seems to be more interested in checking all the boxes of a list rather than actually doing something new. We are not able to talk about Death Stranding at all but its new and it is proof that there are untapped ideas in the world of videogames if you have the talent and time and luxury needed to actually innovate"

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Hype!!!!

Jeff Cannata from the latest podcast of DLC - He criticized Riot games announcements saying its neat but they could have been so much more ambitious and references Death Stranding and I am paraphrasing-

" Riot Games could have done something more innovative with the capital they have at their disposal. Its hard for me what I would want from them without refrencing something I am not supposed to talk about but Simon and I are playing Death Stranding right now. Riot Games seems to be more interested in checking all the boxes of a list rather than actually doing something new. We are not able to talk about Death Stranding at all but its new and it is proof that there are untapped ideas in the world of videogames if you have the talent and time and luxury needed to actually innovate"
Can't wait

Had Death Stranding CG trailer (and PS Now ad) before my Joker showing

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Hype!!!!

Nice little nugget my boy!!! Thank you!!!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hype!!!!

Sounding very positive.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh if it's just a case that's walking insanity

This happened to me with Smash Bros Brawl. I'd heard a bunch of US stores were selling it early, and walking past the Gamestop in my local mall, I happened to see that they had a display sitting out front with a bunch of game boxes. I walked in and asked, "Are you guys already selling Brawl?"
The Gamestop employee said, "No."
"Oh," I said, "Apparently a bunch of stores in the US have been selling it early. You should be careful with a display like that, you're going to just get people's hopes up."
He grinned at me and said, "I know, that's why I did it."

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
It was known,i think that's the reason why Sam seems to be like in pain or similar when Fragile was touching him in the last trailer.

Last edited:

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Hype!!!!

We're so close to +90 MC guys

Status
Not open for further replies.