• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Boy, listening to the recent beastcast, it's pretty wild that Dan Ryckert (devout Kojima fanboy) seemingly hates what he's played of the game and has clearly stopped playing, to the point where he's reframing his displeasure and disappoint from last year regarding RDR2. So many back handed comments from him during the podcast. This game is going to be really divisive.

It sounds like the complete game may be great, but the first half is a slog and may lose a lot of people

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I hadn't noticed that final scene on The Drop trailer (I hadn't watched it properly even), but I feel many here didn't acknowledge it either... Judging by some discussion recently on the other thread.

the BT boss fight screenshot is that huge freak at the end of the trailer (yes I opened the link in the end lol)

Asking again for convenience, anybody has a handy list of every trailer/footage released so far from the game (official)? A playlist or links or whatever... Thanks.

Jan 10, 2018
Boy, listening to the recent beastcast, it's pretty wild that Dan Ryckert (devout Kojima fanboy) seemingly hates what he's played of the game and has clearly stopped playing, to the point where he's reframing his displeasure and disappoint from last year regarding RDR2. So many back handed comments from him during the podcast. This game is going to be really divisive.

It sounds like the complete game may be great, but the first half is a slog and may lose a lot of people

What are some of his complaints?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I hadn't noticed that final scene on The Drop trailer (I hadn't watched it properly even), but I feel many here didn't acknowledge it either... Judging by some discussion recently on the other thread.

the BT boss fight screenshot is that huge freak at the end of the trailer (yes I opened the link in the end lol)
It's because we don't talk about these things here ;) The emabrgo thread is for spoiler tagged discussion ^^

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017

I get the impression that the gameplay loop gets better as you get better equipment/abilities, but half a 40 minute Fedex quest is still a 20 minute Fedex quest. For some people, that's tolerable, especially if they're into the story. For others, that's still pretty unbearable.

Oct 25, 2017
I get the impression that the gameplay loop gets better as you get better equipment/abilities, but half a 40 minute Fedex quest is still a 20 minute Fedex quest. For some people, that's tolerable, especially if they're into the story. For others, that's still pretty unbearable.

For some people, that's amazing. There's no need to dilute nuanced and complex mechanics for a game based around traversal as if the act of traversing cannot be enjoyable.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Then spice up your Fedex quest by planning your route to go through some mule camps and kill them all, then transport the body with you to spice things up. Then, just before the body starts to voidout, take a few steps not to get caught in it, and then dive into the crater and kill all those BTs ! ^^

Oct 25, 2017

Asking again for convenience, anybody has a handy list of every trailer/footage released so far from the game (official)? A playlist or links or whatever... Thanks.
We also saw it in the TGA 2017 teaser.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
8saufmV.jpg
Oh god. DSP is going to play this game?

Why?

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
We get it at launch! In addition to the avatars (not Chibi Ludens, who most got at checkout)!
Played me like a damn fiddle... haha

Has anyone ordered from the KojiPro store? I ordered a Fragile Express hoodie and a heat activated mug (white mug that reveals tar hands). Just wondering what the shipping time usually is like. They had Express (2-8 days) and Standard (no ETA). I went with standard lol.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
What are some of his complaints?
He can't actually talk about the game and says nothing directly, just a lot of implied negative comments about him clearly not playing the game when he's been hyping it all year. Also if you've listened to him rant about RDR2 for the past year, listening to him bring up RDR2 'apropos of nothing' and talk about some of its positives when all he's generally done is shit on it for the past year is him setting up to likely shit on DS as soon as he can talk about it.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how possible is it for there to eventually be a road system in the game built by everyone playing? Did they ever mention a limit to how much that could be built? It's honestly the thing I'm most excited about.

I also wonder if the servers for it are open for people reviewing it

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DO IT. It's probably the only chance you'll get in your lifetime. And you'll regret it if you don't. Do it for the team.
Nah i can't. I was glad i missed him early in the year (he was at museum when it went) I don't need to added humiliation to my life like that.

I'm already at the end of my rope (no pun intended) I would regret it more if i went and met him, then if i didn't

Then there's the fact that the people what were there earlier in the year, will remember me as that idiot who kept coming back and changing what he bought.
I also wonder if the servers for it are open for people reviewing it
They are.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
For some people, that's amazing. There's no need to dilute nuanced and complex mechanics for a game based around traversal as if the act of traversing cannot be enjoyable.
Report say that the act itself it's not enjoyable simply because the world is not that big and you find yourself making deliveries to the same places over and over again.

it's a fetch game with an empty world.

that is the main complaint. Not gameplay alone, but gameplay, map and quests combined

Aug 16, 2019
UK
By report, you mean the opinion of one or two people with the game?
Pick one, either those reports mean nothing and you shouldn't be here trying to argue against them or they mean something and this shitty answer should not be used.

They are more than two now and we have people that is liking the game complaining about gameplay in the same way of the one who hated it.Kojima fans are disappointed in that aspect.

if you think this is not worthy of a discussion, then do not post altogether

Oct 25, 2017
Pick one, either those reports mean nothing and you shouldn't be here trying to argue against them or they mean something and this shitty answer should not be used.

They are more than two now and we have people that is liking the game complaining about gameplay in the same way of the one who hated it.Kojima fans are disappointed in that aspect.

Pick one? What?

I responded to a post that made it seem that enjoying the traversal aspect is impossible. Unless you are stating as an objective fact that the opinions of one or two people are representative of all reviewers, I don't have to pick anything.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

I thought we were using the review embargo thread for impression talk. Has this changed?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017

I swear if I read "divisive" and "Dan Ryckert" again on the same sentence.

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I heard about him is that he didn't know that pirates stole stuff.
edit: and didn't know MGS had political themes.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Has anyone ordered from the KojiPro store? I ordered a Fragile Express hoodie and a heat activated mug (white mug that reveals tar hands). Just wondering what the shipping time usually is like. They had Express (2-8 days) and Standard (no ETA). I went with standard lol.

Ive had good experiences with the store, myself. I dont recall trackin though for standard

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I've seen my share of spoilers and the like (nothing MAJOR major), and now that I've had my fill, I'm gonna dip from all Death Stranding threads and keep myself in the dark and occupied with MW until the game is finally in my own two hands. Was really fun talking to the regulars in here over these past few months, crazy to think that this game we've been following for literal years is finally about to release. See you all in the review thread and OT fam ✌

B9ueO1A.gif

Also, if it's cool with you Kindekuma , can I handle the review thread? I have a really funny GIF I've been sitting on that I wanna make use of :D

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen my share of spoilers and the like (nothing MAJOR major), and now that I've had my fill, I'm gonna dip from all Death Stranding threads. Was really fun talking to the regulars in here over these past few months, crazy to think that this game we've been following for literal years is finally about to release. See you all in the review thread and OT fam ✌

B9ueO1A.gif

Also, if it's cool with you Kindekuma , can I handle the review thread? I have a really funny GIF I've been sitting on that I wanna make use of :D

See you in a week or so?!

Status
Not open for further replies.