• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get spoiled, yeah? Nov 1's gonna be a helluva ride.

a4a.gif

I took off work for the 3:01AM chaos!!!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen my share of spoilers and the like (nothing MAJOR major), and now that I've had my fill, I'm gonna dip from all Death Stranding threads and keep myself in the dark and occupied with MW until the game is finally in my own two hands. Was really fun talking to the regulars in here over these past few months, crazy to think that this game we've been following for literal years is finally about to release. See you all in the review thread and OT fam ✌

B9ueO1A.gif

Also, if it's cool with you Kindekuma , can I handle the review thread? I have a really funny GIF I've been sitting on that I wanna make use of :D
s60kT0V.gif

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
New PythonSelkan, whether you agree with the theory or not.....these guys have been consistent and are just as much a part of the 'marketing' of Death Stranding as anything official.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
WHY IS IT SO FAR AWAY? I'm working on a couple other videos... but wanted to share this Arizona one

This is how I cope with the hype.

Also trying to make sure I can still cover the cost of the collector's edition whenever Best Buy decides to charge my debit card.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Ehhh... I would not say that at all. I have avoided those videos like the plague and come away sufficiently hyped for DS.

Fair enough, but part of the fun when it comes to Kojima games are the build ups, the theories, 4th wall breaking marketing and possible ruse. On this journey to release, from the day it was announced; I've been soaking up all things DS, Kojima, MGS.

PythonSelkan is part of that...."avoiding them like the plague" is cool and to each is own, although it's 'harmless' it doesn't hurt your perception of what you think the game will be. It' just brings another perspective.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to start playing MGSV again with all the hypening. Close to getting all mission task. Already completed all side ops and S ranks.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
So how possible is it for there to eventually be a road system in the game built by everyone playing? Did they ever mention a limit to how much that could be built? It's honestly the thing I'm most excited about.

I also wonder if the servers for it are open for people reviewing it

Yep. and Its interesting because all the leaks are sounding likely from low-middle tier journalists. It seems like they gave the copies out to everyone, presumably to ensure that the strand system is really showcased in the review

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New PythonSelkan, whether you agree with the theory or not.....these guys have been consistent and are just as much a part of the 'marketing' of Death Stranding as anything official.

No they're not.

The only thing they promote, is a stupid (and dangerous ) level of obsession.
PythonSelkan is part of that...."avoiding them like the plague" is cool and to each is own, although it's 'harmless' it doesn't hurt your perception of what you think the game will be. It' just brings another perspective.
No, he's not harmless. People like him perpetuate the idea that how Kojima (and Kojipro as a whole) were treated by Konami is nothing more than a fucking marketing campaign.

It make a complete mockery of those people's mistreatment. And is the gaming equivalent of trutherism.
Yep. and Its interesting because all the leaks are sounding likely from low-middle tier journalists. It seems like they gave the copies out to everyone, presumably to ensure that the strand system is really showcased in the review
They didn't give one to me 😭

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen my share of spoilers and the like (nothing MAJOR major), and now that I've had my fill, I'm gonna dip from all Death Stranding threads and keep myself in the dark and occupied with MW until the game is finally in my own two hands. Was really fun talking to the regulars in here over these past few months, crazy to think that this game we've been following for literal years is finally about to release. See you all in the review thread and OT fam ✌

B9ueO1A.gif

Also, if it's cool with you Kindekuma , can I handle the review thread? I have a really funny GIF I've been sitting on that I wanna make use of :D

Godspeed, my man.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

This is actually pretty cool. I'd imagine the first people to play the game (which would probably be a lot of reviewers) and somebody even a week in would have very different experiences. It sounds like the "intended" or desirable experience requires that a few folks have suffered the difficult treks before you.

I'm super curious to see how this game reviews.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
No they're not.

The only thing they promote, is a stupid (and dangerous ) level of obsession.

No, he's not harmless. People like him perpetuate the idea that how Kojima (and Kojipro as a whole) were treated by Konami is nothing more than a fucking marketing campaign.

Yo fam, no need to pull out the pitchforks. If we dissect and pointed out all the media(Youtubers etc) that have agendas and perpetuate the nonsense; including "stupid and dangerous levels of obsession"..........we'd be here all day.

I said what I said for those that are out here soaking up all things MGS, DS, Kojima related...that includes fan theories and breakdowns of this game. Especially in the lead up to release of this anticipated game. No ones forcing the content to be viewed.

I know what you mean about them spouting a ruse cruise of the treatment of Kojima at Konami as the ultimate marketing shtick though, and I agree.

Appreciate your opinion.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I know about the KojiPro store is that when it sold out of Jumbo Ludens the Playstation gear place had them and the transaction was fine lol.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
My mug shipped, no tracking. Everything I've read up on says they've had good experiences too. Good to hear more positive about it though, thanks!

I ordered the Bridges cap and got tracking, transaction was smooth and fast. I just ordered the "Void if Tampered" tape since it's back in stock and the cargo stickers for making the CE case more accurate over the weekend and I received DHL tracking again. Both should be here Friday.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the Bridges cap and got tracking, transaction was smooth and fast. I just ordered the "Void if Tampered" tape since it's back in stock and the cargo stickers for making the CE case more accurate over the weekend and I received DHL tracking again. Both should be here Friday.

Of course the hat is sold out smh

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Maybe I'm not seeing tracking on mobile. I'll check my laptop when I get home.

Also I'm extremely jealous you got a hat lol

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing I know about the KojiPro store is that when it sold out of Jumbo Ludens the Playstation gear place had them and the transaction was fine lol.
My mug shipped, no tracking. Everything I've read up on says they've had good experiences too. Good to hear more positive about it though, thanks!

there's a goddamn KojiPro store and nobody told me..... RIP wallet

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh man, I love those guy's theories, they're so crazy and convoluted it's like watching ancient aliens again.
Funny thing is they predicted the medic thing in MGS5 lol

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo fam, no need to pull out the pitchforks. If we dissect and pointed out all the media(Youtubers etc) that have agendas and perpetuate the nonsense; including "stupid and dangerous levels of obsession"..........we'd be here all day.
That's not even remotely the same as what i'm saying. And an absurd thing to say.
No ones forcing the content to be viewed.
That's irrelevant
there's a goddamn KojiPro store and nobody told me..... RIP wallet
Yeah, but the selection of what they had isn't the best.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA

I said what I said for those that are out here soaking up all things MGS, DS, Kojima related...that includes fan theories and breakdowns of this game. Especially in the lead up to release of this anticipated game. No ones forcing the content to be viewed.

I know what you mean about them spouting a ruse cruise of the treatment of Kojima at Konami as the ultimate marketing shtick though, and I agree.

Appreciate your opinion.
Listen man, I made a 40 minute video dissecting what I thought the gameplay was gonna be back in June(I seem to of been very close if not right on the mark btw, just bragging). I have nothing against wallowing in hype and minutia but I don't like those guys for other reasons. And I don't think it's fair to move the goalpost to literally all the interent, we're talking about these specific nerds. Nothing against you, I don't know you and I'm not gonna judge you for enjoying a dumb video on the internet. I just feel like those guys a far beyond fandom and into some grifter type shit, But hey anyone of their videos made WAY more views than mine so fuck do I know.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Listen man, I made a 40 minute video dissecting what I thought the gameplay was gonna be back in June(I seem to of been very close if not right on the mark btw, just bragging). I have nothing against wallowing in hype and minutia but I don't like those guys for other reasons. And I don't think it's fair to move the goalpost to literally all the interent, we're talking about these specific nerds. Nothing against you, I don't know you and I'm not gonna judge you for enjoying a dumb video on the internet. I just feel like those guys a far beyond fandom and into some grifter type shit, But hey anyone of their videos made WAY more views than mine so fuck do I know.

Appreciate this.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

Now I feel better :)

B9ueO1A.gif

Thanks for all your work Vestan, see you in the OT !

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I've read no spoilers, so this is all speculation on my end. After last week's comments on its slow start, ramping up progressively into a more intense second half, I thought how natural was this after all, and if the first of many twists to come isn't exactly a beginning that betrays expectations. It seems reasonable that (again, only speculation) there will be no BB nor grand mission at the beginning, that for at least a couple of hours, all we get to know is Sam and his day-to-day experience. It's an approach focusing on world building and developing familiarity with the most basic systems. It's right after that, when things should open more and more.

Perhaps that beginning is enough for some people to push the game away. I know that, as a personal experience, RDR 2's long-winded intro already set me in a mood that was hard to shake out afterwards. Yet I understand why it was designed that way, and how it fits in the overall pacing. I guess here it's a similar situation. I never expected to run from "ghosts" and neo-terrorists since the start, but I get that might have been the impression for others. Now it's a matter of adjusting those expectations to the evolving structure of a complete 30, 40 hour experience.

PS: Oh, and thanks to vestan too! The bravest among all of us, it was really exciting to know new details without risks.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I've read no spoilers, so this is all speculation on my end. After last week's comments on its slow start, ramping up progressively into a more intense second half, I thought how natural was this after all, and if the first of many twists to come isn't exactly a beginning that betrays expectations. It seems reasonable that (again, only speculation) there will be no BB nor grand mission at the beginning, that for at least a couple of hours, all we get to know is Sam and his day-to-day experience. It's an approach focusing on world building and developing familiarity with the most basic systems. It's right after that, when things should open more and more.

Perhaps that beginning is enough for some people to push the game away. I know that, as a personal experience, RDR 2's long-winded intro already set me in a mood that was hard to shake out afterwards. Yet I understand why it was designed that way, and how it fits in the overall pacing. I guess here it's a similar situation. I never expected to run from "ghosts" and neo-terrorists since the start, but I get that might have been the impression for others. Now it's a matter of adjusting those expectations to the evolving structure of a complete 30, 40 hour experience.

PS: Oh, and thanks to vestan too! The bravest among all of us, it was really exciting to know new details without risks.
I don't know, the TGS demo was said to be in the beginning of the game, and contains the BB, the mules and BTs, just no homodemens. My speculation is that the "intro"/begining being talked about lasts untill you first go to Hades.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
So now because no one has seen hype tweets (despite the considerable hype), DS is going to review poorly.

That embargo thread is a fucking treat lol

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Death stranding is definitely not silent hills. It is instead a nuclear disarmament super ultimate version.
I bet - and I haven't seen any leaks - that we will have an ultimate goal to reach as a whole.

And I say that simply because Kojima always reuses ideas from his previous games in his newest ones.

Especially when those ideas weren't able to be fully developed earlier.
So yeah I think the Dynamics of the nuclear disarmament will play a huge part in death stranding.

Status
Not open for further replies.