• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudacus

Oct 29, 2017
Such pretentious vibes from that trailer (with a slathering of cheese), true to Kojima form, but the ambition from this game looks great regardless.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

source.gif

Might as well pack it up and go home.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. I already pre-ordered the game

No. I no longer view trailers.

I sure will be entertained by the review thread once the embargo is lifted.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
*in extremely innocent voice* maybe the sony people who set the embargo were all "I don't get it, but this Kojima guy is supposed to be a genius so we must be too stupid to understand why this is genius. let's set a long embargo so everyone can get it"

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow we'll see how much this community has matured since the days when people went insane over Eurogamer giving Uncharted 3 an 8.0.

The answer will be, obviously, not matured one fucking bit.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Oooo. That's pretty interesting.

Break a leg. 🤞

If you don't mind me continuing to pry. What's your thesis going to be about.

Not to derail anything but I'm comparing the experiences/roles of legal(ish) aliens in England (two specific groups of Scottish aristocracy in particular) across the fifteenth century.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow we'll see how much this community has matured since the days when people went insane over Eurogamer giving Uncharted 3 an 8.0.

The answer will be, obviously, not matured one fucking bit.
LMAO. You don't need to wait for that. You already know the answer.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched a second of this game since the launch trailer so i feel extra "no idea what is gonna happen" except I have a $30 amazon order from an E3 some time ago meaning I'll get it no matter what.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
This game is going to probably finish around mid to high 70's.

If I had to put a number 78. I hope it does much better than that, but there is clearly lots of apprehensive negative sentiment being presented by those who have it and have been tiptoeing around the embargo.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
The absolute shittiest part of reviews is forcing yourself to finish games before embargo. I fucking hated it, even for games I loved playing. Squeezing in an entire game, plus writing a critical analysis, in a short window is painful. Especially if I wasn't enjoying the game.

So, who will be first to break the embargo? ;)

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to imagine that when we all wake up tomorrow morning the fun will be over. Then it will just be doxxing and death threats until we get to enjoy the game ourselves.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
I'm going to guess that IGN will give the game a 10/10.

If Call of Duty out of all games get 9's from them, I suspect Death Stranding will get a 10.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute shittiest part of reviews is forcing yourself to finish games before embargo. I fucking hated it, even for games I loved playing. Squeezing in an entire game, plus writing a critical analysis, in a short window is painful. Especially if I wasn't enjoying the game.

Having to do this would turn video games from something I love to something I hate. I play about 5 to 10 hours absolute tops per week and anything more than that it's too much for me personally.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I hope reviews are all over the place. I hope some people love it and beautifully articulate why the experience resonated so personally with them, and how the game succeeds at conveying specific concepts and is meditative in play. And I hope others loathe it, detest it, abhor the tedium and boringness of structure and pacing, and condemn the game as a failure. I hope there's no unanimous or definable consensus, and the game settles in on a weird, mixed reception that seems genius to some and obnoxious to others.

So, who will be first to break the embargo? ;)

Who knows. Probably someone who makes a mistakes with their time zone. Years ago we were the first to break the Epic Mickey embargo, totally unintentional, and Nintendo turds had a shitfit over my 6/10 (I think it was?). Publisher and Disney weren't happy. Good times.\

Having to do this would turn video games from something I love to something I hate. I play about 5 to 10 hours absolute tops per week and anything more than that it's too much for me personally.

It's largely why I got out. It began to transform my hobby into an obligation. I got tired of dedicating my time to playing through games I hated (looking at you, White Knight Chronicles II), and having to write reviews for them that I didn't care about. It wasn't all bad at all, but I hit my threshold and once it started to impact my casual enjoyment of the hobby I decided to tap out. It took up way too much time, too.

And yeah, if I really love a game I'll probably burn through it very quickly. But I want to do that in my own time and space, not to meet the obligation of an embargo date.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Guys, this game will hundert percent land somewhere between 80 and 90. No matter the quality of the story or gameplay a Kojima game with great graphics will not have an aggregate below 80. I don't care about his games but even I could tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.