• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Release date confirmed 4/20 2020
flmgivq02iy21.jpg
how's the weed in japan? :D

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's really fucking offensive. And dismisses the suffering that everyone at Kojipro (not just the Boss himself) went through. It's the gaming equivalent of a Sandy Hook truther.
Preach.

Speculating about Kojima zaniness can be super fun but the unending speculation about the nature of MGSV and his departure always make me cringe. Unfortunately, MGSV's reception and PT's cancellation probably means that these types of conspiracy theories are going to stick around for a long time.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, why? You need to specifically sign up for jobs sites like this. You then need to specifically fill out the details you want to show. You then need to specifically set the permissions in regards to who can view yourself. If a profile is public then the user intentionally wants their work/career to be viewed publicly. They're probably proud of the stuff they're doing and wanted to be known, and why wouldn't they be.
Yes, the gentleman made a profile on professional networking site, and has it set to public so any potential employer might see his CV.

That doesn't mean it's any of your (or anyone else) fucking business.

If you're not a professional in a similar field. It's got nothing to do with you.
You're acting like people are hacking these employees private information or something. It must be so tiring being outraged by everything, relax.
Don't fucking talk to me like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I am relaxed. Don't patronise me.
Maybe stop being so hostile towards other posters?

We get it - you think its messed up to look at public job postings and portfolios to glean potential info about games and such, but others disagree.

Hideo Kojima invites this kind of "look into the mystery" thing, as its a game we can play before the game comes out. There is precedence to this.

No one is invading private databases or suggesting that we should, or any other sort of malicious behavior like going to their offices unannounced.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe stop being so hostile towards other posters?
Hostile to whom ? You mean responding to people who are patronising, and insulting me ?
We get it - you think its messed up to look at public job postings and portfolios to glean potential info about games and such, but others disagree.
They can disagree all they want. Doesn't make it any less creepy.
Hideo Kojima invites this kind of "look into the mystery" thing, as its a game we can play before the game comes out. There is precedence to this.
Which has nothing to do with looking up crew member's fucking work profiles.
No one is invading private databases or suggesting that we should, or any other sort of malicious behavior like going to their offices unannounced.
Just because it's on the public domain, doesn't mean it's any of your business.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, stop talking about videogame stuff that is publicly available. It's creepy...or...something...I guess.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Because that's what i'm saying, in'it

to be completely honest with you I lost the point of whatever you were complaining about like 4 posts ago.

Any who was it ever confirmed or debunked that the spacesuit characters were a part of the game at all? For all the swag that they keep promoting about their new studio, you'd think this stuff was to be used for the game itself...it's seriously all over Kojima's Twitter.

Last edited:

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
?

What's got to do with any of us ?

Why is what am i'm saying so fucking wrong ?

Its a job posting. Its public. The only one who thinks its creepy is you. Your reactions to people questioning you are actually hilarious. You seem so pissed off at people who are wondering why you think talking about public information is creepy. Job profiles in a talent and experience based industry are valuable sources of information for people interested in who the developers of their favourite games are.

You told someone to fuck off telling you to relax LOL. You are memeing yourself here.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Yes, the gentleman made a profile on professional networking site, and has it set to public so any potential employer might see his CV.

If you're not a professional in a similar field. It's got nothing to do with you.

Im fucking crying 😂😭😂👍

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
Kojima with Lea Seydoux.

Kojima had a meeting with Tetsuya Mizuguchi.

Safe to say Kojima's depression is gone (hopefully?)

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018

The guys name is going to be on the bloody end credits.You Google his name and he's got a fully fledged personal website showcasing his work and resume with an "contact" page that has his personal email and phone number. Every page of his website has links to not only his LinkedIn but also his Facebook, Twitter and Instagram . He wants to be recognised for his work ffs. That's the entire point.....

You're probably the same type of person that will rage because developers work insane hours but get no exposure/recognition. But like I said that's probably just another case of you looking for any reason to be outraged over something.

Nah I'm alright, I'm going to carry on speaking to you like this.

Feb 3, 2018
I am relaxed. Don't patronise me.
The guys name is going to be on the bloody end credits.You Google his name and he's got a fully fledged personal website showcasing his work and resume with an "contact" page that has his personal email and phone number. Every page of his website has links to not only his LinkedIn but also his Facebook, Twitter and Instagram . He wants to be recognised for his work ffs. That's the entire point.....

You're probably the same type of person that will rage because developers work insane hours but get no exposure/recognition. But like I said that's probably just another case of you looking for any reason to be outraged over something.

Shy you are clearly not relaxed since you have blown at fuse at everyone who is wondering what is so horrible with someone reading a PUBLIC RESUME.

Which Andrew pointed out to you.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility, long history of similar behaviour.
Its a job posting. Its public. The only one who thinks its creepy is you. Your reactions to people questioning you are actually hilarious. You seem so pissed off at people who are wondering why you think talking about public information is creepy. Job profiles in a talent and experience based industry are valuable sources of information for people interested in who the developers of their favourite games are.
No. And i get that. I do think there can be a difference between looking someone up on IMDB, and going to people's Linkedin (and such) pages. Ya know.
Because you express outrage over a screenshot of a linkedin page and proceed to attack other posters about it that do not share your opinion on the matter.
You told someone to fuck off telling you to relax LOL. You are memeing yourself here.
No, i just said it was creepy. Other people escalated things. And i'm just responding in kind.

But when someone says something like this. "It must be so tiring being outraged by everything, relax. " how do you expect me to react ?
Im fucking crying 😂😭😂👍
So glad i could bring such joy in your life.
But like I said that's probably just another case of you looking for any reason to be outraged over something.
Another case, really ? such as ?
Sounds about the right kind of behaviour for a cunt, to take.

Reminder about civility

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Everyone, please drop the hostility and the bickering and move on from the conversation if you can't come to an agreement. Thanks.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
No. And i get that. I do think there can be a difference between looking someone up on IMDB, and going to people's Linkedin (and such) pages. Ya know..
No I don't think you get it. The person in question set up a public website in his own name, that's indexed as the top result in Google when you search it, that proudly showcases his entire portfolio work. The site also includes an "About/Contact" page with his personal email and phone number. On every page of his website he has links to ALL of his social media accounts which are ALL set public. He wants to be seen. He's an artist, he calls himself that. He wants to showcase his work/be recognised. That's the entire point. He even does freelance work. Getting exposure, being known, being public etc.. is exactly how artists get work. Not sure you'll find an artist that offended or "creeped out" but having his work recongised.

You're blowing things WAAAAY out of proportion and acting like people did something dodgy like phone up his place of work and asked about him by provide fake credentials to fraudulently obtain private/personal information about him or something "creepy" like that. It's all public information that he's willing put out there with the expressed purpose of being publicly recognised.

Sounds about the right kind of behaviour for a cunt, to take.
For someone that's offended by the fact people are "insulting" them and taking exception to how they're being spoken to, you're literally the only one insulting people and acting extremely aggressive towards them. Ironic

You made a strange statement by feigning outrage at something very normal, you got questioned over it. Take it on the chin and move on.

Jun 4, 2018
I've seen people banned for so much less how has nothing happened during this exchange?

Kojima threads on this forum and its preceding one were always minefields that the mods didn't touch with a 10-foot pole. It's fine. We'll get something to actually talk about soon and then all of that stuff will die down. Just wish they'd step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath because it ain't that serious, and moreover, so they can join in on the fun with the rest of us when something finally does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.