• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Wasn't there a trademark registered for a Death Stranding app? You could be on to something.
Had no idea that was a thing. I think the app would probably have been released by now if they wanted a tie it in with the stream.

Anyway, how vague will this trailer be? lol
Will we finally get some semblance of gameplay/story?
I'm guessing the story stuff will still be shrouded in some mystery.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
isn't there like a 13 hour window where it's the 29th in the US and the 30th in Japan? Couldn't it be anywhere In that window 😕

Edit: actually it has to be the 29th in Europe too which makes it a 7 hour window I think?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Yeah, I guess they deleted it lol

tenor.gif

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll get anything productive done today. My mind, body & credit card are ready.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding both rumored to launch in November? This is unfair!

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If it really is this year, how the fuck did Kojima do it? From like 0 to finished game in 3 years?

I don't think it's going to be that big of a game, not that that's a bad thing. If we get a solid 10-15 hour experience taking place in a a barren but atmospheric Shadow of the Colossus-esque world, I would be more than happy. Heck, we have too many overly long and bloated games these days anyways, so a smaller but tighter experience would be a breath of fresh air.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
If it really is this year, how the fuck did Kojima do it? From like 0 to finished game in 3 years?
People keep omitting the fact the he's working with a ready made engine, and one that's proven with open world games. At Konami a lot of the longer development times would have been actually developing the FOX engine.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami

My guess is that a lot of these ideas have been gestating for many years, some might even be recycled from Silent Hills, and he finally got the greenlight with Sony to go ahead with them. He's described in the past how vividly he sees his own concepts for games in his head, so that clarity of vision likely helps create concentrated development.

Couple that with what seems like a game with a few mechanics and wide, open spaces--and it's not unrealistic that he'd have a finished product in a 3 year timeframe.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh god there seems to be a shot in the trailer where

the camera goes into the *baby's* stomach as it is in Sam's stomach

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Crazy thing is that this was actually supposed to come out EARLIER. Kojima made those comments in March about it being slightly delayed. Makes those "Year before Akira" comments seem like he really was targeting 2018 and had it not been for the VA strike he would have made it.

Oct 31, 2017
PlayStion Taiwan confirm release date 2019/11/08 and 9 min new trailer !!!

2m36050.jpg

WERTVWQP%NQ#$V%*#$@N(@M*%C($*(!XD*%N@(!FD#*D!(#$<!S#($*@N V($CVQWIOPEFMXWQR*Nwnev(rv%@n*#(v%@n#)(@q%*vn@!(#$*@!34asrqmv%(@q)#$%<@)#$(m@)#%q@#b%mq)@(#<)q@(%awjEaWETJWAEtjawoewqGSGD>B<F>GB<DF>?B<FD?>B<DFGBJDKJHWUIORNTNWEROTWEVORPITMWEPOVTIWERtvrvweegojtaJOGJOERGWOERMTOVW#($@V%*@P#V%*@PM#NN*(N*(L*@(#FQ@N(#$N*(Q@#N%V#@O$^F@#(P$%*MS!P(1+1=2AND2+2=4

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I just hope it is not another mystery trailer. We need something concrete now with gameplay to make up our minds.

Last thing i want is game getting released with none having a clue what it is about.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
WERTVWQP%NQ#$V%*#$@N(@M*%C($*(!XD*%N@(!FD#*D!(#$<!S#($*@N V($CVQWIOPEFMXWQR*Nwnev(rv%@n*#(v%@n#)(@q%*vn@!(#$*@!34asrqmv%(@q)#$%<@)#$(m@)#%q@#b%mq)@(#<)q@(%awjEaWETJWAEtjawoewqGSGD>B<F>GB<DF>?B<FD?>B<DFGBJDKJHWUIORNTNWEROTWEVORPITMWEPOVTIWERtvrvweegojtaJOGJOERGWOERMTOVW#($@V%*@P#V%*@PM#NN*(N*(L*@(#FQ@N(#$N*(Q@#N%V#@O$^F@#(P$%*MS!P(1+1=2AND2+2=4

tumblr_pje2lykMpU1we4t2no1_640.png

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope it is not another mystery trailer. We need something concrete now with gameplay to make up our minds.

Last thing i want is game getting released with none having a clue what it is about.
Why not? That would actually be really cool. What's so great about knowing so much about new games before they release. I remember they even showed the Endgame content of Division 2 before the release. That's really unnecessary IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.