• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
By the way: the link he posted was a Google Drive with 5 mp4's, containing music what sounds kind of like Death Stranding-ish (no way of telling it was, the theme never showed up either). In one of them you also hear a voice echoing 'Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam' and baby noises (sounded like a nightmare sequence).
It all sounded like it was recorded on a phone or something.

The drive was called: Sgt. John Videos and one of the files had a large string of binary code that translated to 'Find John'.

The date on the clips was 22 february 2019 (one of them 26) and the owner of the clips was a Felix Dudley.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
By the way: the link he posted was a Google Drive with 5 mp4's, containing music what sounds kind of like Death Stranding-ish (no way of telling it was, the theme never showed up either). In one of them you also hear a voice echoing 'Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam' and baby noises (sounded like a nightmare sequence).
It all sounded like it was recorded on a phone or something.

The drive was called: Sgt. John Videos and one of the files had a large string of binary code that translated to 'Find John'.

The date on the clips was 22 february 2019 (one of them 26) and the owner of the clips was a Felix Dudley.
Is there a Backup?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
That dude has basically been registered since the forum opened and his only two posts are now deleted links to that leak. Weird...

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
armor shoulder plates, and a person on his back

6pbkk98olw431.jpg

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
If you guys missed it. From the same user in the SIE first party thread. (It's gone now. Reupload)

xsvYGzy.png

Edit: 2 more pictures.
iVGMSsd.jpg
sQ4ZNfT.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
If you guys missed it. From the same user in the SIE first party thread. (It's gone now. Reupload)

xsvYGzy.png

Edit: 2 more pictures.
iVGMSsd.jpg
sQ4ZNfT.jpg
I know what the second photo is. It's the Tower of Babel

by Pieter Bruegel the Elder(1563)
The Tower of Babel (Hebrew: מִגְדַּל בָּבֶל‎, Migdal Bavel) as told in Genesis 11:1–9 is an origin myth meant to explain why the world's peoples speak different languages.[1][2][3][4]
According to the story, a united humanity in the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating westward, comes to the land of Shinar (שִׁנְעָר). There they agree to build a city and a tower tall enough to reach heaven. God, observing their city and tower, confounds their speech so that they can no longer understand each other, and scatters them around the world.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Y'all need to stop referencing that 4chan leak, so much of it doesn't add up with what we have seen, and that guy ultimately went on to say Kojima's message with the game was that the "Nazis were right" which is the definitive evidence its a fake.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The 4chan leak is total cock and was guesswork based on all the stuff Kojima posts on twitter, please don't post that stuff

The Babel thing is also a rip from Kojima's twitter a while ago

Last edited:

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Also the definitive bullshit on this audio stuff: The user goes by/role plays Sgt John because they misread a character model file of Mads that said john_sheffield amongst other things. This was readable openly on a video on KJP tech, no insider nothing. So their immense "leak" was saying Mads' name was Sgt John Sheffield.

John Sheffield is actually referencing the motion capture studio in Sheffield England where Mads was first 3d scanned. As we all know his name is Cliff and this stuff is worthless.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I rewatched Oblivion last night and I think there's quite a lot of Death Stranding vibes in it. The gear and the landscape look a lot like the stuff we've seen in trailers. Especially the suit, weapons and bike reminded me of the game.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
YOUR#SON,#SEND#HIM#ON#HIS#WAY#TO#HEAVEN#BY#YOUR#OWN#HAND.#IT'S#NOT#TOO#LATE#IF#YOU#ACT#FAST.#YOU,#WHAT#DID#YOU#DO?#RIGHT#IN#FRONT#OF#EVERYONE#I'M#PUTTING#THIS#ON#THE#NEWS,#YOU#PSYCHO.#MURDERER.WE#SHARE#AN#INSTANT#PRIVATE#DARKNESS.#THE#MOMENT#OUR#HANDS#OVERLAP.#HEART#POUNDING,#I#WALKED#BEFORE#I#STOOD#ONE#PACE#BEFORE#JACK
From the link above.

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
Any chance that we could get some form of bandana that we could wear on Sam? Or would that be out of the question in the "lawsuit kind of forbidden".

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Something odd I noticed watching that Troy Baker reveal trailer again the other day was that hes talking to his sensor arm thing thats attached to his Bridge Baby and it reacts to him and what hes saying

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

I like that the ponytail/bun look has been in more of the recent promotional stuff. Like in a few of the early promotional materials and 2017/2018 footage, he has his hair down like this

latest

death-stranding-screen-us-11jun18-28

But in the recent footage, official character render, concept art by Shinkawa and statue shown at events, he's got it tied in a ponytail/bun. It's his best look tbh. Hoping none of this is tied to story progression or anything. I know customization is in somewhat but to what extents still remain a mystery.

Death-Stranding-Sam-Statue-E3-2018-3.jpg

Death-Stranding-Sam-3D-Character-Model-1.jpg

D765zEqWkAU9I41.jpg

May-29-9am-Death-Stranding-featured-image.jpg

w4S191o.png

5MHnXaN.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.