• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
^^^^
The amount of viewers determines how many handprints are on screen!

Just the bit in the center is left now!

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
in this latest cycle it really feels like the goo placement is very deliberate. Keeping certain things covered in certain shots while moving aside in the next shot to show something new off.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
TPGSuXZ.jpg

Death Stranding taking that #1 spot on Twitch!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
HOLY FUCK THAT TRAILER THOUGH. IT WAS SO GOOD. This game looks super unique. Kojima is a titan like no other. Can't believe it's this NOVEMBER. LET'S FUCKING GO!

Hype is unbelievable.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Feel bad that the release date was spoiled basically a full day in advance, and then double spoiled hours in advance through official channels. Can only imagine how pissed off Kojima must have been. Imagine how insane it would have been to watch that thinking it was just a standard trailer and then see that release date at the end with everyone thinking it's years away.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Also can we talk about how the strands on the poster have matched the release date since day fucking 1 all the way back in June 2016. Did Kojima peg this date all the way back then and stick to it? Insane.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how long was the dev time for this game exactly? I'm glad its coming out soon but still seems a little short for an AAA game right?

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The trailer was really cool. But i can't help to shake the feeling that the game part of this game is forced in to tell the story. It's hard to have high expectations.

jobboy

Mar 24, 2018
i guess if it's gioing to get a proper enhancement on ps5... this game looks so nice but framerate seems to struggle abit on this

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
This is the statement released along with the trailer.

People have created "Walls" and become accustomed to living in isolation.
"Death Stranding" is a completely new type of action game, where the goal of the player is to reconnect isolated cities and a fragmented society. It is created so that all elements, including the story and gameplay, are bound together by the theme of the "Strand" or connection. As Sam Porter Bridges, you will attempt to bridge the divides in society, and in doing create new bonds or "Strands" with other players around the globe. Through your experience playing the game, I hope you'll come to understand the true importance of forging connections with others.

It sounds like an element of multiplayer which goes along with the 4chan leak a few years ago. I'm really worried that I'll need to buy playstation plus or have an internet connection to play this...

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
New mysteries raised and not many questions really answered. What are bridge babies? How do they facilitate a connection to the "other side?" What is the other side, anyway? Hades? Or... the player???? I'm going crazy lol

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is the statement released along with the trailer.

People have created "Walls" and become accustomed to living in isolation.
"Death Stranding" is a completely new type of action game, where the goal of the player is to reconnect isolated cities and a fragmented society. It is created so that all elements, including the story and gameplay, are bound together by the theme of the "Strand" or connection. As Sam Porter Bridges, you will attempt to bridge the divides in society, and in doing create new bonds or "Strands" with other players around the globe. Through your experience playing the game, I hope you'll come to understand the true importance of forging connections with others.

It sounds like an element of multiplayer which goes along with the 4chan leak a few years ago. I'm really worried that I'll need to buy playstation plus or have an internet connection to play this...
Don't worry, Kojima confirmed like a year or more ago that you can play it entirely offline.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that trailer certainly shed new light on a bunch of things.

So... is this game Kojima's Internet metaphor? It seems like he's talking about how the initial idea to "bring America together" backfired and caused fragmentation, resistance and isolationism, and now the new plan is to build new "connections/bridges" to try and bring people together in the way the original concept failed to do?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

So... is this game Kojima's Internet metaphor? It seems like he's talking about how the initial idea to "bring America together" backfired and caused fragmentation, resistance and isolationism, and now the new plan is to build new "connections/bridges" to try and bring people together in the way the original concept failed to do?

I think it relates to social media specifically. It was meant to bring people together but had the opposite effect.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The internet is the problem. We need real connections. Physical & Spiritual connections.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I think it relates to social media specifically. It was meant to bring people together but had the opposite effect.

I can see this too. Pretty heady stuff for a game if this really is the idea that Kojima is exploring. Not often you see a mainstream, AAA console title exploring a legit "theme," the way literature or art house cinema normally does.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I can see this too. Pretty heady stuff for a game if this really is the idea that Kojima is exploring. Not often you see a mainstream, AAA console title exploring a legit "theme," the way literature or art house cinema normally does.

Exactly the same thing I thought about! especially when it comes down to building bridges and connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.