• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
God, that new screenshot. I'm so jealous of PS4 Pro/4K TV owners. This is the one game where I feel like I'm actually going to be missing out. At least it'll make for a good replay in the future.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
God, that new screenshot. I'm so jealous of PS4 Pro/4K TV owners. This is the one game where I feel like I'm actually going to be missing out. At least it'll make for a good replay in the future.

You mean the one of Sam standing by the water? I'm not so sure what's special about that one. There are no particularly bright highlights that will make good use of HDR, as far as I can tell.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It does look great but honestly I'm a little scared that it's gonna be barren. We haven't seen any civilization stuff. HZD already felt barren to me, yet it's colors and vibrancy kinda made up for it.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not hating on HZD. It felt a little empty sometimes. I like civilizations I guess. But my real point is, we haven't seen anything of the sort form DS yet. So I'm kinda worried.
Well the plot of a game explains that humanity is on the brink of extinction and society collapsed, you surely cant expect big sprawling cities after that :) unless the concept of reconstructing America is taken to the extreme in the game and you actually end up rebuilding massive cities.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well the plot of a game explains that humanity is on the brink of extinction and society collapsed, you surely cant expect big sprawling cities after that :) unless the concept of reconstructing America is taken to the extreme in the game and you actually end up rebuilding massive cities.
As I said, it wasn't a critique of the game. I liked the game a lot. Regardless, I just hope there is a lot of 'human' presence in Death Stranding, even if everyone is dying or something.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
If you have a screenshot or link, feel free to PM me. Sounds interesting.

No screenshot. The post was pretty much nothing and literally just a list like...

MGS1 The Best is Yet to Come
MGS2 Can't say Goodbye to Yesterday
MGS3 Snake Eater
MGS4 Love Theme
MGSV The Man who sold the World

DS Man on the Rocks.

Their posts seem like bollocks from what I've seen. They said the Gamescom trailer would feature music by Garbage so we'll see.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So I've noticed something really peculiar

Ever since the TGA 2017 trailer where we got this iconic shot

maxresdefault.jpg

It has appeared at the start of EVERY trailer, isn't that weird? Like surely there's an actual reason as to why? I can't seem to connect the dots tho

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017

It has appeared at the start of EVERY trailer, isn't that weird? Like surely there's an actual reason as to why? I can't seem to connect the dots tho
My theory is, and it most likely isn't unique, that this is simply the game mechanic used to get out of purgatory/hades.

It'll probably be in some kind of first person mode, where you'll have to find your body, find the baby, get a thumbs up, and voilà, you're back in the World of the living.

The more you do this, the more fingerprints, the more "dead" and "blueish" Sam becomes...

Death-Stranding-November-8.jpg

I have two theories about the bridge-baby though...

1) The more lifeless Sam becomes, the more lifeless the bridge-baby becomes, exhibit A:
fquqjziyc2a31.jpg

Baby to the top-right...

2) It could also just be the type of bridge baby that Cliff and Higgs use (or have abused to the point of the baby becoming a puppet).

I love this crazy fucking game already! ❤

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure it happens after each and every void out.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
lol

I'm really excited for Monday but I hope we get something decent and meaty and not just a brief character spotlight like Comic Con.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
What is there left to even reveal? The May trailer was so meaty and hefty. I think I'm going to try to avoid this even though I know I have no self control in regard to this game.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't understand how anyone that plans to get the game wants to see even more at this point.

I'll take an interest in how it reviews without reading any spoilers but that's it.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
No screenshot. The post was pretty much nothing and literally just a list like...

MGS1 The Best is Yet to Come
MGS2 Can't say Goodbye to Yesterday
MGS3 Snake Eater
MGS4 Love Theme
MGSV The Man who sold the World

DS Man on the Rocks.

Their posts seem like bollocks from what I've seen. They said the Gamescom trailer would feature music by Garbage so we'll see.

Listening to man on the rocks I can certainly envision a death stranding trailer behind it haha

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
A 10 minute segment of gameplay would be enough to me if is somewhere close to the beginning of the game. But at this point i dont really need to see more. Excited to see more, but afraid to be spoiled.

Jun 4, 2018
If Kojima cuts it or puts it out, I'm watching it. He always showcases things in an interesting light, regardless if they end up looking better or worse in the final product; using that line from MGSV about "Les Enfants Terribles" while focusing in on two characters who both share Liquid's appearance sent my hype through the stratosphere.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
We've already seen enough gameplay to know what to expect, or is it because it isn't shooting so that doesn't count?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is there left to even reveal? The May trailer was so meaty and hefty. I think I'm going to try to avoid this even though I know I have no self control in regard to this game.
We still have no idea how you engage with enemies, which is probably going to be a massive part of the game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
C I T I E S

Real talk though, I'd like to see Kojima expand on the supplies aspect of the game. I don't really care to see more story stuff now since I'd like to go in blind but the talk about multiplayer on the PlayStation Blog mentions being able to trade supplies with other players and I'm wondering, is this just basic stuff like Ladders or can you go deeper than that?

I want them to shed some light on some of the settlements in the game too, considering you are meant to be reuniting society. We currently know of the United Cities of America and the Homo Demens (who take refuge in Edgeknot City) but who are the rest? Can you just waltz in and accept delivery requests for other courier companies like Fragile Express or can you only deliver things on behalf of BRIDGES?

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I only just found this out, but Die-Hardman (played by Tommie Earl Jenkins) has the most lines out of any character in Death Stranding (aside from Sam obviously). As we all know, he's the commander of BRIDGES so it would make sense that he would have the most lines (aside from Sam) as he'd be in constant contact with Sam over comms just like the Colonel in MGS.

For such an important character, he's got quite a weird-ass name, lol (though that's par for the course with Kojima - remember Hot Coldman?).

r16l4ap6vxn11.jpg

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I mean yeah I was getting at that I want to see a more gameplay focused trailer rather than anything story related or a character spotlight.

I only just found this out, but Die-Hardman (played by Tommie Earl Jenkins) has the most lines out of any character in Death Stranding (aside from Sam obviously). As we all know, he's the commander of BRIDGES so it would make sense that he would have the most lines (aside from Sam) as he'd be in constant contact with Sam over comms just like the Colonel in MGS.

For such an important character, he's got quite a weird-ass name, lol (though that's par for the course with Kojima - remember Hot Coldman?).

r16l4ap6vxn11.jpg

Both him and Del Toro have the most lines IIRC. At least that's what was said at TGS last year, funny given I was reading some of the early parts of this thread last night and got to TGS 2018's reveal. lol

Void-Out

May 25, 2019
I mean yeah I was getting at that I want to see a more gameplay focused trailer rather than anything story related or a character spotlight.

I can almost guarantee it's gonna be a live gameplay demo/segment. I mean Kojima is basically kicking off Gamescom, not only would it be a mistake to NOT show gameplay, it would be stupid... If They have hyped it up as much as they have and then end up just dropping another character spotlight, it would be a HUGR disappointment to say the least...

Lots of people are waiting to see gameplay before making a purchase.. for me I'm buying day one and have my CE ordered already. I have faith in Kojipro to deliver, but others aren't as trusting of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.