• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm just going to post this video in every thread I see where people forget about all the previous gameplay

This game is what I thought No Man's Sky SHOULD have been.
It's an AAA version of NMS & Dont Starve fused together with a bigger budget and actually combat and a complex story (Kojima directed cutscenes!) and tons of survival systems layered on top of each other.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for the TGS demo. Hopefully it shows a bit of everything (traversal using many tools, melee/ranged combat and stealth, BTs, etc).

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Heavy load indeed.

So what's up with the black goo on his face? We've seen him with it sometimes, but it looks like the same black goo that Cliff has on his face that moves by itself.... weird that Sam has this too, unless it's just dirt of course
I feel like it might be related to Hades thing when you die and comeback?
Orit could be after getting dragged by the BTs.... I guess it's the same thing?
We have seen that black goo in the trailer and on the boxart so I can see it being significant..

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like it might be related to Hades thing when you die and comeback?
Orit could be after getting dragged by the BTs.... I guess it's the same thing?
We have seen that black goo in the trailer and on the boxart so I can see it being significant..
Seems like it yeah. As long as it doesn't start moving by itself on Sam's face like Cliff's lol

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I know that's why I ended my post saying it was probably just that, but still, there is a ressemblance with the black goo :
maxresdefault.jpg

_107163702_d7y1npuucaao7ti.jpg

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
The kojima's cameo in
Control
is so awesome :)

He certainly wasn't involved in the writing, but I feel like the role was written with him in mind.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Seems like there's a DS event at PAX too. Perhaps they're screening the Briefing trailer again and hopefully they'll release it online after.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Kojima reminiscing about last year's TGS and the DS stage with the audience.

I had to think what last year's TGS reveal was but then i remembered Kojima revealed the English and Japanese voice cast along with this footage...
odfO3v1.gif

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
I read the plot synopsis and I'm tripping out at how topical it is.
You are Sam Bridges and you are lighting beacons to connect a broken America

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Heavy load indeed.

So what's up with the black goo on his face? We've seen him with it sometimes, but it looks like the same black goo that Cliff has on his face that moves by itself.... weird that Sam has this too, unless it's just dirt of course
Part of me thinks it is this games equivalent to the blood that cannot be removed from Venom Snakes face? I think it was blood all over. ?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hopefully we get some confirmation this week of the TGS plans. I know Sony is having the mega theater and all that but hopefully Kojima will be there given it's the final trade show before release.

Jun 4, 2018
We gotta stop making threads about anything related to Kojima. Please. For my sanity. 🙏 I don't mind people not being fans or finding DS to be something they aren't interested in, but dude... I can't take the scorching hot (bad) takes. This forum treats a revolutionary game designer who has been at the top of his craft for three decades and however many generations - an individual PURSUED by Sony (the multimedia and tech BEHEMOTH) as if he's some young upstart, in over his head, who can't even confirm where the decimal belongs in a given microtransaction.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We gotta stop making threads about anything related to Kojima. Please. For my sanity. 🙏 I don't mind people not being fans or finding DS to be something they aren't interested in, but dude... I can't take the scorching hot (bad) takes. This forum treats a revolutionary game designer who has been at the top of his craft for three decades and however many generations - an individual PURSUED by Sony (the multimedia and tech BEHEMOTH) as if he's some young upstart, in over his head, who can't even confirm where the decimal belongs in a given microtransaction.
Seriously. Why do people keep making threads about every little Kojima tweet or any passing thought they have about him? Each thread just takes a forum that loves mocking him to begin with and just adds fuel to their fire. Let's keep it in here.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
People LOVE to tell others how they feel about a particular issue. They need to share their incredibly astute observations. It's the way things are.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I was very curious and stoked after one of the character videos, but now, in a lull, I'm not sure I want this game? I waver a lot. I just think the gameplay will be miserable and everyone will cherish it because hideo kojima.i just feel like a lot of mistakes that would make a focus home interactive game would be forgiven for DS because kojima is involved

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I was very curious and stoked after one of the character videos, but now, in a lull, I'm not sure I want this game? I waver a lot. I just think the gameplay will be miserable and everyone will cherish it because hideo kojima.i just feel like a lot of mistakes that would make a focus home interactive game would be forgiven for DS because kojima is involved
Agreed. Kojima games never had good gameplay, we have all been looking the other way in regards to Kojima games the past 20 years. I mean look at the Kojima threads on Resetera, nothing but praise. /s

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Any thread made about Kojima about anything he says or does turning into a shitshow of hate for him. This one is sorta fine though somehow.

Oh, I was wondering if I missed a thread or tweet that spurred the comment. I saw the cinematography one but given the antagonistic thread title by the OP that was bound to happen. lol

Man, I just wanna get lost in that landscape. Bring on TGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.