• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
We gotta stop making threads about anything related to Kojima. Please. For my sanity. 🙏 I don't mind people not being fans or finding DS to be something they aren't interested in, but dude... I can't take the scorching hot (bad) takes. This forum treats a revolutionary game designer who has been at the top of his craft for three decades and however many generations - an individual PURSUED by Sony (the multimedia and tech BEHEMOTH) as if he's some young upstart, in over his head, who can't even confirm where the decimal belongs in a given microtransaction.

I say keep the threads coming, I love the salt from people hating on Kojima because he does what most of them want any dev to do, try to innovative. And also I live the gymnastics they go through to hate on him, like :
I was very curious and stoked after one of the character videos, but now, in a lull, I'm not sure I want this game? I waver a lot. I just think the gameplay will be miserable and everyone will cherish it because hideo kojima.i just feel like a lot of mistakes that would make a focus home interactive game would be forgiven for DS because kojima is involved
Yeah sure lets suddenly start to worry about the gameplay from a dev that never made a game with bad gameplay in his 30 smthg years carreer, of course :)

(Though usually these posts are not in this thread, please keep that for the other threads, it's nice here)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

This guy looks familiar, I assume from Guerrilla Games? I looked in the comments on there and my my do the Russians love Kojima.

That's cool how those have the Fragile logo and "Do Not Tamper" marked on it.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
This is not my day.

Day one photomode??? I hope it has HDR too if that's the case 😉
It has to be day one, most offscreens from Kojima's twitter have filters and stuff applied, has to be the photomode.

Never thought about it but yeah you're right we never got info on HDR. Could that be determined looking at the released trailers or not at all?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
TITLE SCREEN HYPE

EDnUiWRUcAQbZxj.jpg

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
This reminds me, have they actually confirmed which engine they used to make the first teaser trailer? I do remember Kojima saying it wasn't Decima engine... but I don't know which engine they used.

He never elaborated. They had nailed it down to two engines at the time, one of which being Decima, and the other unknown and presumably the one used for the reveal.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
So are the early trailers in the game? Or were they more like concept trailers?

Naked Norman Reedus on the beach, Mads reveal and the one where there Sam and his team crashed somewhere.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So are the early trailers in the game? Or were they more like concept trailers?

Naked Norman Reedus on the beach, Mads reveal and the one where there Sam and his team crashed somewhere.

Supposed to be in the game. I mean the reveal image with the beach and whales seems to be the title screen anyway. Although I imagine the scene to be different now.

The other trailers were all made in Decima and should be in the game.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a Kojima thread. Of course somebody did it. My favorite crackpot theory?: This game is Metal Gear Solid 0. People should definitely learn to let go.

Metal Gear Solid 0? What does that even mean? Like a prequel to the prequels? Do they think this is somehow going to be The Boss' origin story?

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You havent whatch that theory?

I haven't, but I will now.

EDIT: I'll throw some reactions in this post.
-"Please watch the video before you make up your mind." Ohhh, too late, mister Youtuber.

OK, I actually feel a little bit bad picking this apart, so I'm not going to do it after all, but my god, the part where he starts flipping letters in the BRIDGES logo to make is say MGS Zero is the most tinfoil crackpot thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Did Kojima get his inspiration for Death Stranding from those movies, or were they intentionally mentioned to you by Dr. Clarke?"

For reference, MGS3 came out in 2004.

Let's see here. Which is more plausible:
1. Video game creator creates game drawing influences from movies that he loves.
2. Video game creator deliberately lays in hints for a game that he thinks he's eventually going to someday make, ten to fifteen years before he actually makes it.

HMMMMM.

Last edited:

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
And let's not forget that there still some people who believes the Kojima-Konami split was all a ruse and he still is somehow working with them.

Jun 4, 2018

Title screen hype!

This reminds me, have they actually confirmed which engine they used to make the first teaser trailer? I do remember Kojima saying it wasn't Decima engine... but I don't know which engine they used.

Rumor at the time was Sucker Punch's engine!

Can't wait for release! This game will be of its own league.

Yes!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.