• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I really don't think DS have anything to do with Kojima's older games but there is definitely a lot of inspiration from his past game especially MGS3, The Sorrow was basically DS prototype, i think the whole concept of Death Stranding was in Kojima's mind a long time ago.

MGS3-The-Sorrow-Eye.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The very delusional person who believes the MGS0 bollocks was on this site. And made a thread about it.

Here it is, if anyone wants to read through it.
And let's not forget that there still some people who believes the Kojima-Konami split was all a ruse and he still is somehow working with them.
And don't forget, there are people that still post in this thread. Who are open to that being true *sigh*

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Speaking of users what ever happened to Snake_411? Dude was a big stan for Kojima and MGS but i don't think I've seen him in ERA lol

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
God idk if anything would be more dissapointing than Death Stranding being tied to an existing IP. We finally get free unhinged Kojima, just let it happen

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Oh I guess her tweets were her playing through the story and getting close to the end? That last tweet simply says "Ended..." so she finished the game.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
https://gematsu.com/2019/09/sony-announces-tgs-2019-lineup

Sony's Live stage show line up announced. Death Stranding show confirmed.

I totally believed Kojima at Gamescon when he said he will show gameplay at TGS.

I think this is pretty important point in which depending on what they show a considerable amount of people will decide to pre-order the game or wait for reviews.
What they showed at Gamescon confused a lot of people after having a phenomenal trailer months ago. I believe now we're going to see how playing Death Stranding really is or people are going to be disappointed.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Death Stranding will be playable on the show floor of EGX, next month.

Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm still pondering on what the scope of the game will be in regards to world size,those landscapes seem to stretch on forever and the map showed the whole of the US.Will it be one giant map or regions?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

difficulty settings confirmed. i think there is very easy, easy, normal and hard.
easy modes better suited for western players (hehe ;p), normal and hard better suited for action players.

Jun 4, 2018
Quite a bit of good info from Ayako, honestly. She's been playing for roughly a month and just completed the game on Very Easy. The difficulty system seems in line with what we should expect from Kojima - people used to TPS, play on Normal or Hard and you'll have fun. It's also not surprising that she found Mads' performance to be the most outstanding, but it is noteworthy, I think!

But European Extreme... :P

Bring it back!

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
So...
- Ayako finished her test play of Death Stranding.
- Took her roughly a month.
- Played at very easy difficulty as she's a beginner.
- Huge praise for the game's ability to entertain, tell a message and be artistic at the same time. ( but she works for Kojima so... you know. )
- There are at least 4 difficulties, ( very easy, easy, normal, hard )
- Normal/Hard recommended for action-game fans ( according to Kojima )

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
if the game really takes that long to finish (she said that she is a beginner so i can see other players doing it much quicker, but still should be quite a long game), then they should send those review copies very early lol, like mid october (or early october if the reviews go up over a week ahead of launch like GoW).

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pondering on what the scope of the game will be in regards to world size,those landscapes seem to stretch on forever and the map showed the whole of the US.Will it be one giant map or regions?

If we really are going across then entire USA, I think it'll be broken up into regions, with the cities acting as checkpoints.

I have a feeling the regions will be enormous though.

Difficulty settings? How can you make walking easier? I am confused. What even is this game?

Probably by giving you more ladders/ropes/materials, or letting your stamina drain slower along with other survival elements lessened.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of very few games im tempted to do on Hard just to really feel the tension of BTs and the gay demons

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Some good information coming from these reports. I hope confirmation of difficulty settings will calm the no gameplay crowd lol

So jealous of her right now, she already played through the entirety of DS!

if the game really takes that long to finish (she said that she is a beginner so i can see other players doing it much quicker, but still should be quite a long game), then they should send those review copies very early lol, like mid october (or early october if the reviews go up over a week ahead of launch like GoW).
Seeing how they marketed the game, and how they seem to really want to keep some stuff secret until players discover them while palying the game, I would'nt be surprised if review copies are sent really late, or otherwise come with an NDA ^^

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Difficulty settings? How can you make walking easier? I am confused. What even is this game?

Oh come on.
Think of it as Sam clumsiness slider.
Difficulty settings obviously influence the chances of randomly tripping over or stepping on a turd.

Hardest gives Sam a 67% chance if spraining his ankles every 12 steps.
Also, the ladders can break, randomly.

How's that for a challenge?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Instead of carrying the baby you get the option of using a stroller.
In very easy, BB has already grown into an adult at the beginning of the game, and since BB is Solid Snake, as an adult he will do all the lifting, carrying, stealthing and shooting while he is carrying Sam on his back and you just have to move the camera around to see the action.

You read it here first

Oct 27, 2017
In very easy, BB has already grown into an adult at the beginning of the game, and since BB is Solid Snake, as an adult he will do all the lifting, carrying, stealthing and shooting while he is carrying Sam on his back and you just have to move the camera around to see the action.

You read it here first
Honestly that'd be hilarious and pretty awesome. I would pay for an AI controlled Solid Snake DLC. The conversations between him and Sam should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.