• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
No wodner there was a blood bullet attack in the E3 trailer: Sam's blood hurts BTs:

emyhgb2b44m31.png

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
The salt and bad faith (or straight up incomprehension) in the other thread is on another level lol, much better than I imagined

Kojima : you will all havr to unite and work together to literrally build the place all in a shared world. The space is empty because its you who will fill it
"Meh, looks empty and boring with nothing to do"

OT, the presentation was wonderful and the concept of literraly building the play area together is so cool yet simple, and seems evident once its said, really curious to see how it precisely works.
So many little details and touches here and there in these 50 min. I really hope we get a subtitled version where I can understand everything Kojima was explaining.
No wodner there was a blood bullet attack in the E3 trailer: Sam's blood hurts BTs:

emyhgb2b44m31.png
Oh now thats really interesting. Wonder if its because its Sam specifically, or if anyone's blood has the same properties against BTs. Using your blood literraly as ammo, there is potential for a nice commentary here :)

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Work and lack of sleep means I'm behind a lot of DS discussion but did y'all see the new Shinkawa concept art from TGS?!

Last edited:

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
The salt and bad faith (or straight up incomprehension) in the other thread is on another level lol, much better than I imagined
It's a circlejerk of people that were already set on hating the game. I wonder how many of them even own a PS4. First time ever I had to use the ignore thread button.

As for me, the gameplay loop cemented that Kojima gets it. He knows what his fans expect from a Hideo Kojima games. It's all the micromanagement I liked from MGS3 + more story cutscenes than V but not as much 4. All in a crazy scifi setting with supernatural elements. I love it.

Actually it's a relief, I didn't expect to like it that much. As he said in a recent tweet, he was alone with a notepad and a pen 3 years ago. So much for "Kojima can't keep a deadline". I guess Sony WWS managed him better than Konami in the end.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
👀
t8ro2np0fbm31.jpg

It's a circlejerk of people that were already set on hating the game. I wonder how many of them even own a PS4. First time ever I had to use the ignore thread button.

As for me, the gameplay loop cemented that Kojima gets it. He knows what his fans expect from a Hideo Kojima games. It's all the micromanagement I liked from MGS3 + more story cutscenes than V but not as much 4. All in a crazy scifi setting with supernatural elements. I love it.

Actually it's a relief, I didn't expect to like it that much. As he said in a recent tweet, he was alone with a notepad and a pen 3 years ago. So much for "Kojima can't keep a deadline". I guess Sony WWS managed him better than Konami in the end.

lol yeah someone literally brought up how it feels like people jump in to discords and discuss how they're going to shitpost just to troll the other thread. The live stream thread went from people doubting to understanding and seemingly being excited. When the other thread was made for just the gameplay it took like half the front page before the shitposting began.

Also I may or may not have bought the BRIDGES hat replica that's now on the KojiPro store...

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
As for me, the gameplay loop cemented that Kojima gets it.
Dont forget that we have confirmation that a lot of stuff was not shown on purpose in this demo, as confirmed by the publisher of the artbook. He confirmed there are different landscapes and region, teases stuff about how when port knot city is shown Sam goes straight to the delivery zone, but there is much more to see in the city, he teases the moon again.he's under nda but the way he teases stuff, he even says some stuff was stealthly shown in the demo but not pickep up on.

So in the end it really might be that this is yet another MGS2 trick, and the courrier in icelandic landscape is only a part of the game, maybe even just the beggining part. The publisher insist several times that there MUCH more to DS than what we already saw.

Edit : I'm watching the IGN video while waiting for the translated live presentation, and holy shit I did not notice that the chiral crystal are shaped like 2 hands !!!! Damn so that means that the giant BT in the trailer has some kind of giant living chiral crystal instead of a head.... so weird

Edit2: the description of the Ludens mask sunglasses :)
"An old favorite of Sam's. Sunglasses designed with "Homo Ludens" in mind.Their form encourages the wearer to never forget their playful side". Mmmhhh interesting....

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So has a subtitled version of yesterday's gameplay video surfaced yet? I went looking and didn't see one.

Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone talked about how Sam Bridges is likely a Transgender Man? We saw his c section scar in the very first trailer. The Briefing trailer dead names him as Samantha Strand.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Dont forget that we have confirmation that a lot of stuff was not shown on purpose in this demo, as confirmed by the publisher of the artbook. He confirmed there are different landscapes and region, teases stuff about how when port knot city is shown Sam goes straight to the delivery zone, but there is much more to see in the city, he teases the moon again.he's under nda but the way he teases stuff, he even says some stuff was stealthly shown in the demo but not pickep up on.

So in the end it really might be that this is yet another MGS2 trick, and the courrier in icelandic landscape is only a part of the game, maybe even just the beggining part. The publisher insist several times that there MUCH more to DS than what we already saw.

Edit : I'm watching the IGN video while waiting for the translated live presentation, and holy shit I did not notice that the chiral crystal are shaped like 2 hands !!!! Damn so that means that the giant BT in the trailer has some kind of giant living chiral crystal instead of a head.... so weird

Edit2: the description of the Ludens mask sunglasses :)
"An old favorite of Sam's. Sunglasses designed with "Homo Ludens" in mind.Their form encourages the wearer to never forget their playful side". Mmmhhh interesting....
Yeah the video was definitely heavily edited. Besides combat and more traversal options though I have no good guesses as to what more DS is all about. Maybe the building aspect is bigger than we realize. Sure are a lot of systems at play.

Also, I still don't get the upside down aspect of the game yet, but I'm assuming it where you are more encouraged to engage in gunplay. Death doesn't have the same meaning here perhaps.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the video was definitely heavily edited. Besides combat and more traversal options though I have no good guesses as to what more DS is all about. Maybe the building aspect is bigger than we realize. Sure are a lot of systems at play.

Also, I still don't get the upside down aspect of the game yet, but I'm assuming it where you are more encouraged to engage in gunplay. Death doesn't have the same meaning here perhaps.
The Hades part is the main missing thing, it was only shown in trailers. But apparently there is much more to be shown :)

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So has anyone talked about how Sam Bridges is likely a Transgender Man? We saw his c section scar in the very first trailer. The Briefing trailer dead names him as Samantha Strand.

I think you are wrong. The masked character refers to Amelie as Samantha America Strand, not Sam Porter, unless I misunderstood.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
People saying the map is empty because you build it up with other players

What exactly are we building? Is there like a base creation, or settlement creation system?

What is being built?

Oct 25, 2017
I think you are wrong. The masked character refers to Amelie as Samantha America Strand, not Sam Porter, unless I misunderstood.
Then why does Sam say he's not a Strand anymore? I've watched that scene a couple times, it seems like he's talking about Ameila at first but right after dropping the Samantha name he calls Ameila, Ameila again. Maybe that's not what's going on but it made me think back to the very first trailer. Reedus with a baby, baby vanishes and we see his c section scar. Do the math.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then why does Sam say he's not a Strand anymore? I've watched that scene a couple times, it seems like he's talking about Ameila at first but right after dropping the Samantha name he calls Ameila, Ameila again. Maybe that's not what's going on but it made me think back to the very first trailer. Reedus with a baby, baby vanishes and we see his c section scar. Do the math.
UkFMAou.gif

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

You're right on that, but I guess the Samantha thing is just an official president name proposed for her instead of using her real name. Or just using her real name but they call her Amelie for whatever reason. I think it's clear he refers to her, he's explaining a plan that, for now, Sam isn't a part of.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

emyhgb2b44m31.png

I've read somewhere that bodily fluids in general harm BTs, not just Sam's.

Also, in the footage, when he fights theBT creature boss he's throwing blood grenades. Some cargo during the demo contains those too.

Oct 25, 2017
We are doing Quiet = Chico again?

Status
Not open for further replies.