• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Preorders at Fnac get a free card holder

1570021837-2914-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Type of secure wallet for bank cards etc. Really handy. Prevents unwarranted RFID and NFC communication.

619YwwzICEL._UL1000_.jpg
I cannot recommend Scrid wallets enough. I've got one, and fucking adore it.

This is the one i've got.
S-Indigo-5-1-Front.png

secrid-slimwallet-indigo-5-wallet-secrid-3_600x.jpg

He's not, that's exactly what he says in his japanese tweet.
Then i stand corrected, and apologise.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool trailer though I think they could have inserted more elements with wide appeal such as gunplay and the BT monsters.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Wait, was this the launch trailer that has been hyped up? Also, who is "David Bull"?
No, this is a CG promotional ad. The launch trailer will likely be loads of gameplay cut together, as per the screenshots he has posted.

Also, if you click on David Bull his Twitter profile says this:

Global Brand Marketing @playstation Leading Marvel's Spider-Man and DEATH STRANDING. Previously UNCHARTED, inFAMOUS, Killzone and more.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, this is a CG promotional ad. The launch trailer will likely be loads of gameplay cut together, as per the screenshots he has posted.

Also, if you click on David Bull his Twitter profile says this:

Global Brand Marketing @playstation Leading Marvel's Spider-Man and DEATH STRANDING. Previously UNCHARTED, inFAMOUS, Killzone and more.
I see. Ok, that's cool. But obviously he's a little biased. But i'm sure he's on to something.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you get get yours? I'm not sure if you are from the UK, but trying to find reliable official dealers is difficult to see them in person.
I am from the UK, correct.

Yeah, it is tough. I did get one from a shop (and even then their selection was small) But i wasn't feeling it, it was a mini wallet (the ones with the clasp strap thing)

So i just went online and got it from here instead.
Does the lever thing ever unintentionally get pressed?
I was worried about that too. But it's never happened to me in the 18 (or so) months i've had it.

Oct 27, 2017
Where does this site got that information from?

The casting of Death Stranding consists of Norman Reedus (Sam Porter Bridges), Mads Mikkelsen (Cliff), Guillermo Del Toro (Deadman), Troy Baker (Higgs), Léa Seydoux (Fragile), Tommie Earl Jenkins (Die- Hardman), Lindsay Wagner (Amelie), Nicolas Winding Refn (Heartman) and Margaret Qualley (Mama). At the voice casting, we find Emily O'Brien, Jesse Corti and Darren Jacobs.

On the ludens fan casting side we should have: Geoff Keighley (confirmed), Daichi Miura (confirmed), Jennifer Hazel, Joshua Goggs, Jordan Charles Vogt-Roberts, Juan Antonio Bayona, Rinko Kikuchi, Shōta Sometani, Edgar Wright, Conan O ' Brien, Satoshi Mikami, Nattawut Poonpiriya, Shin'ya Tsukamoto, Cory Barlog, Masahiro Sakurai, Ted Price, Chvrches (Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty), Jim Ryan, Kyle Cooper, Errolson Hugh, Jean-Francois Rey, Tetsuya Mizuguchi Shuhei Yoshida, Raymond Jade, Pablo Uchida and Keanu Reeves.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the 4Chan leak from a couple years ago was hinting at something?
That leak is fake as fuck, a lot of the details we can pretty much tell are wrong even this early. Of course the assumption that Sam will become Ludens was a widespread one as soon as the KojimaProd mascot got revealed etc.. and people referenced that book all the time because of obvious similarities...

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
That leak is fake as fuck, a lot of the details we can pretty much tell are wrong even this early. Of course the assumption that Sam will become Ludens was a widespread one as soon as the KojimaProd mascot got revealed etc.. and people referenced that book all the time because of obvious similarities...
I mean if Sam does becomes Ludens, it'll be a slightly disappointing twist.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean if Sam does becomes Ludens, it'll be a slightly disappointing twist.
Reminds me of MGSV twist discussions pre-release, lol.
I don't mind it personally and don't see it as such a big twist, it's all about how it's handled in game and what it means..so far we don't know enough about it
I'm more curious about the world itself and lore than what happens to Sam, personally.

Aug 12, 2019
I seriously need help on deciding how I feel about this game. It looks so strange and so very Kojima like, but there's just this hesitation I can't tell from where that makes me unsure of how I should feel about this game. I don't know, any one feeling similarly or can maybe help dispel my hesitation haha?

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously need help on deciding how I feel about this game. It looks so strange and so very Kojima like, but there's just this hesitation I can't tell from where that makes me unsure of how I should feel about this game. I don't know, any one feeling similarly or can maybe help dispel my hesitation haha?
Just play it when it comes out.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately. No one can help you with that, than you.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Oh man I finally found a place in Japan still taking preorders for the special edition and collectors edition! Now I have to quickly decide which one 😭

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sam becoming Ludens would be the least surprising thing ever, lol. I'm half-expecting it. I agree it's all about how it is handled in the end though.

EAN6AcV.png

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What IS Ludens? Like I know it's Kojima's mascot but what is it actually? Something he made up?
It has two meanings.

And the fictional race from The Time Wanderers (which is set in the Noon Universe) which acroding to the 4Chan leak, DS is heavily inspired by. (be warned though, if the leak is true in relation to this, then it'll have heavy spoils, if you're concerned about that shit)

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Well waited too long collectors is gone again! Decision made for me then, special edition it is

Status
Not open for further replies.