• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that'll ever be revealed. I can't think of a single game this gen where its budget had been officially revealed. Even the budget for MGSV that's floated around is just a rumor and not something from anyone in the know. Last gen we had a few actual devs coming out and mentioning specific numbers. Like Uncharted and Uncharted 2 cost 20m each, God of War 3 cost 44m, and Gran Turismo 5 cost 60m. And those all came from ND, SSM and PD.
I think it's very silly that the games industry is secret with that stuff, while others industries aren't.
+80 million with marketing seems like a good guess, most likely over 100.
I want without though. 😞

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's very silly that the games industry is secret with that stuff, while others industries aren't.

Perhaps, but I think it's down to the way gamers react to stuff. Just look at all the "BOMBA" shit that happens in gaming. And I remember when Kaz mentioned GT5 costing 60m and gamers started freaking out about how a racing game could cost so much. After that he never said a word about any budget for games.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps, but I think it's down to the way gamers react to stuff. Just look at all the "BOMBA" shit that happens in gaming. And I remember when Kaz mentioned GT5 costing 60m and gamers started freaking out about how a racing game could cost so much. After that he never said a word about any budget for games.
Ohh no no no. I completely agree. Gamers are immature scumbags.

Look at what happened with Cyberpunk 2077.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017

I want without though. 😞
In previous forum, Labzero (skullgirls) explain their kickstarter budget to forum, and let just say there are lot of poster suddenly become an expert in game studio development management...

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In previous forum, Labzero (skullgirls) explain their kickstarter budget to forum, and let just say there are lot of poster suddenly become an expert in game studio development management...
Don't forget when Lab Zero crowdfunded Indivisible, they also explained their budget for that game too, as well as having a prototype up for anyone to try before pledging. And everyone still yelled SCAM! at the top of theri lungs.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Any word on what they're showing on behind closed doors at Brazil Game Show? Saw a journalist saying that it's about 20 minutes of new/exclusive content.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what kind of presence DS is going to have a EGX next week ?

I know it's going to be there, just not in what capacity.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh. No i wouldn't. So don't fucking presume.
2uya6xs.gif

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I think the very first mission in this game where you take control of Sam on behalf of BRIDGES will be delivering a corpse from ____ Knot City to Capital Knot City. After that, the scene in the BRIEFING trailer will occur. Considering you just have to handle a corpse, it gives the player an opportunity to learn about the balance mechanics without overwhelming them with a bunch of cargo to manage.

I do wonder if it's Bridget's corpse though. The scene in the E3 2018 trailer where Sam's handling a corpse doesn't have Bridget's headscarf on its right but when you see the corpse in the Release Date Trailer (no idea if it's the same corpse), you see Bridget's headscarf on it.

Sam's got the same clothing on in both of these scenes so I'm wondering if you do have to deliver her corpse or if the two scenes are completely unrelated. I'm assuming Bridget is stationed in Capital Knot City in the first place so I don't understand why you would have to deliver her corpse (unless you have to go from Capital Knot City TO somewhere else).

But yeah, that's my thoughts. I think the game will start off with a big meaty Kojima cutscene, we'll probably control Sam for a bit in a scripted sequence possibly set before the Death Stranding event to give context to this new world, but the first delivery mission we'll embark on will probably be delivering a corpse. I just think it's a good way to introduce the game's mechanics without complicating things, there's only one single thing to manage after all.

GjxwM9S.jpg

TDmzlze.png

VsUqG9e.png

Hp7VlJz.png

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Next week Kojima will be in Cologne to accept his Creative Award at Cologne Film Festival. I know these events aren't the same but he had the Heartman trailer prepped for San Diego Comic Con so I wonder if we'll see the Launch Trailer sometime this week. We're only 26 days out till launch after all ;)

Thanks 👍

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
Have there been any more details on this yet? I'm hoping its a bookable meet and greet.

Sadly , there is not much information until Oct 21st or later as the World Tour first stop is Paris on Oct 30th

Based on the schedule i would predict Mr Kojima will be reach Japan just in time on Nov 8th for the game's official launch and autograph session

But the catch is , for customers who purchased digitally , it's quite difficult to autograph unless they (Playstation Events Crew) will provide alternate game sleeves for Mr Kojima to autograph on

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We've already had confirmation that Death Stranding can be played entirely offline from the disc but here's some more confirmation just so there's no doubt

Last edited:

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
More than a couple then! Honestly I'm more interested in the case rather than the BB.
Leaning more on the picking it up side right now

Oct 26, 2017
I think the very first mission in this game where you take control of Sam on behalf of BRIDGES will be delivering a corpse from ____ Knot City to Capital Knot City. After that, the scene in the BRIEFING trailer will occur. Considering you just have to handle a corpse, it gives the player an opportunity to learn about the balance mechanics without overwhelming them with a bunch of cargo to manage.

I do wonder if it's Bridget's corpse though. The scene in the E3 2018 trailer where Sam's handling a corpse doesn't have Bridget's headscarf on its right but when you see the corpse in the Release Date Trailer (no idea if it's the same corpse), you see Bridget's headscarf on it.

Sam's got the same clothing on in both of these scenes so I'm wondering if you do have to deliver her corpse or if the two scenes are completely unrelated. I'm assuming Bridget is stationed in Capital Knot City in the first place so I don't understand why you would have to deliver her corpse (unless you have to go from Capital Knot City TO somewhere else).

But yeah, that's my thoughts. I think the game will start off with a big meaty Kojima cutscene, we'll probably control Sam for a bit in a scripted sequence possibly set before the Death Stranding event to give context to this new world, but the first delivery mission we'll embark on will probably be delivering a corpse. I just think it's a good way to introduce the game's mechanics without complicating things, there's only one single thing to manage after all.

GjxwM9S.jpg

TDmzlze.png

I posted a little about this on the last page, Sam is on his way from Capital Knot to the circled building, you can tell by comparing the landscape in the background when he sets off in the TGS demo.
The scene where he's 'surrounded' and plugs BB in, he's also wearing the same clothes, and from the background you can tell it's set in that same building.

untitledcujd3.jpg

I think this is the first 'main' mission ( it's the only place within the same outlined 'zone' as the Capital). But I think the game will open with all the scenes of Sam in his grey costume and simple backpack, where he loses his bike, makes his way to a destination on foot, meeting Fragile and the corpse disposal team on the way (leading to the TGA cutscene).

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So I'm really wanting the special edition PS4 Pro but having a hard time justifying the cost knowing full well I'l be getting a PS5 on day one, which will likely be just a year after this comes out. I mean, I'll be trading my current pro towards the purchase so It'll cut the cost in half if not more but still, idk.

Anyone here jumping in on the console?

*Edit: If you are, how do you plan on going through the transfer process? Normally I'd transfer everything over with a LAN cable but I can't do that if I'm trading in one system for the. I'm currently living in the stick atm so downloading everything would take ages. Is there any work around to this?

Thanks.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I posted a little about this on the last page, Sam is on his way from Capital Knot to the circled building, you can tell by comparing the landscape in the background when he sets off in the TGS demo.
The scene where he's 'surrounded' and plugs BB in, he's also wearing the same clothes, and from the background you can tell it's set in that same building.

untitledcujd3.jpg

I think this is the first 'main' mission ( it's the only place within the same outlined 'zone' as the Capital). But I think the game will open with all the scenes of Sam in his grey costume and simple backpack, where he loses his bike, makes his way to a destination on foot, meeting Fragile and the corpse disposal team on the way (leading to the TGA cutscene).

Keep in mind the map was edited to avoid spoilers.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
We've already had confirmation that Death Stranding can be played entirely offline from the disc but here's some more confirmation just so there's no doubt

Oh thank fuck.

I was worried since the game is 55GB apparently.

I'm back on this train.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Since there is a Death Stranding PS4 Pro, have they ever talked about what Pro optimization the game will have? Higher native resolution, checkerboarding, higher framerate?
One does notice this is not the usual big Sony exclusive, Horizon, SOTC, GOW, Spider-Man, Days Gone, they all gave us much more information beforehand.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Since there is a Death Stranding PS4 Pro, have they ever talked about what Pro optimization the game will have? Higher native resolution, checkerboarding, higher framerate?
One does notice this is not the usual big Sony exclusive, Horizon, SOTC, GOW, Spider-Man, Days Gone, they all gave us much more information beforehand.
Using PS4 Pro, 4K TV owners can enjoy an enhanced Death Stranding experience with dynamic 4K resolution achieved through 4K checkerboard, while HD TV owners will benefit from increased image clarity through supersampling. Players with HDR displays can also experience the game in high-dynamic range colour, which provides a brighter and wider range of colour detail for a more vibrant image overall.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I don't really do physical anymore but I'm making an exception for this one.
If you're in the UK, Amazon UK has their own exclusive slip case. The actual game case isn't the steelbook version though. But just thought i'd give you the heads up. (this was posted earlier in the week by someone else, but just in case you forgot, or didn't see, thought i'd let you know.)

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
62233a_large.jpg

Can someone tell me a good knot (no pun intended, lol) to use on my Ludens. I bought it last year, and it kept coming undone, then eventually got damaged (the bottom half of the visor came off)

But i want to start using it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.