• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I can't watch the trailer, the BB song did enough for me, I know this game is more than deliveries. I feel like this is going to be an amazing game story wise. The whales and stranding.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling that trailer was clipped from every cutscene in the game. I'm expecting an MGS:V level of cutscene frequency in order to temper my expectations. You probably deliver for hours...get a neat cutscene...deliver for another few hours...get another neat cutscene. I am NOT anticipating this game being cutscene heavy at all.

Not mad at all though...I want this literal walking simulator.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
For those asking how spoilery this stuff is, while I can't contextualise the content, let's say there are many things I would consider surprises and would be very effective discovering them in game for the first time. If you're on the fence regarding buying the game, definitely watch it ... if you're not, I'd recommend waiting a bit more to actually play the game.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I have a feeling that trailer was clipped from every cutscene in the game. I'm expecting an MGS:V level of cutscene frequency in order to temper my expectations. You probably deliver for hours...get a neat cutscene...deliver for another few hours...get another neat cutscene. I am NOT anticipating this game being cutscene heavy at all.

Not mad at all though...I want this literal walking simulator.
We already know there is a lot more than MGSV from Kojima himself and the spoiler thread.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
The bright side is I won't remember most of the scenes come launch anyway.

I was thinking about this the other day while in this thread. I was trying to remember any time in the past 20 years of gaming if I remember every playing in a game and being like, oh, I remember seeing this in a trailer. I can't think of one instance. I always forget.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about this the other day while in this thread. I was trying to remember any time in the past 20 years of gaming if I remember every playing in a game and being like, oh, I remember seeing this in a trailer. I can't think of one instance. I always forget.

I learned the hard way from the MGSV trailers, hell I could remember every scene, even the ones they cut out (remember Snake walking through the burned village with corpses all around? not in the game at all)

So not watching this trailer again anytime soon lol, but it was well made.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017

I tend to agree (outside of some dramatic examples). What I do always remember though are gameplay demos from E3 or other events. It always kinda sucks when I get to a part that I saw played on a stage already and instantly remember the whole thing. Uncharted 4's car scene was the perfect/worst example of this. That scene was probably the highlight of the game for me...and it was ruined by seeing the whole thing play out already.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
People watched the MGSV trailers too many times lol

Basically remembered every scene shown in them therefore nothing was a surprise when playing the game.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have no way of knowing if he went further.

This isn't spoiler talk, just what I saw in the trailer but just in case for the people that are not watching i'll hide it.

Dude, it's pretty clear a lot of the things we saw were from the endgame, at least that's how it looks to me, maybe, hopefully I'm wrong.

And it seems to spoil several pretty long standing mysteries we had no idea about.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't spoiler talk, just what I saw in the trailer but just in case for the people that are not watching i'll hide it.

Dude, it's pretty clear a lot of the things we saw were from the endgame, at least that's how it looks to me, maybe, hopefully I'm wrong.

And it seems to spoil several pretty long standing mysteries we had no idea about.

I appreciate that, I just don't think we know the totality whatsoever so ultimately, it's not a really big deal to me. May be to you; but the only issue I had with your comments is the presumption of scope and totality, not that spoilers generally existed. Of course they do, it's 8 minutes of footage lol.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

This means the game is so good that he doesn't want to ruin the experience for us by showing it. This means the game is going to be great.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Format of the trailer is the game as the MGSV one. Full of spoilers of ending sequences, fate of characters and even some implied deaths.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018

This means the game is so good that he doesn't want to ruin the experience for us by showing it. This means the game is going to be great.

Erm, not necessarily. It just means he wants to keep the experience fresh for those who are going to play this game and protect the (twists/surprises) in the process.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont be so pessimistic Betty. You where such a nice man with happy feelings.

All of the time!

a bit yeah. Would avoid it

a0f13c6a-372e-46f3-ae9d-e5ab13637dbe_text_hi.gif

lol

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying I'm the first to do it (people have pointed it out several times, I'm sure), but let's acknowledge the elephant in the room: What is up with (edit: some of) Death Stranding's faces? They just seem... subpar. This doesn't look like skin, it looks like lacquered vinyl or something. More of a wax dummy than a human look.

Last edited:

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm not saying I'm the first to do it (people have pointed it out several times, I'm sure), but let's acknowledge the elephant in the room: What is up with Death Stranding's faces? They just seem... subpar. This doesn't look like skin, it looks like lacquered vinyl or something. More of a wax dummy than a human look.
Youtube compression?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not saying I'm the first to do it (people have pointed it out several times, I'm sure), but let's acknowledge the elephant in the room: What is up with Death Stranding's faces? They just seem... subpar. This doesn't look like skin, it looks like lacquered vinyl or something. More of a wax dummy than a human look.
I don't see anything wrong with it, looks amazing.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Okay what? Some of the faces in that trailer were the most realistic i have ever seen in a game

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To me that just looks like part of her skin is shiny due to being slightly higher temperature, like before skin starts to sweat.

The faces are some of the best i've seen in the medium, the trailer just re-enforced this.

realSentientStone

alt account
Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Vancouver, BC

Actually a slightly stylized visual style is why I usually prefer Japanese developed games over most Western games. Many western games go for realistic shaders and whatnot (do not know the technicality behind it) that are higher in contrast and feels 'harder' (ie. COD), but I much prefer the 'softer' style that many Japanese developers adopt.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people in the trailer thread said some faces looked like real life/live-action to them, I can't think of a higher compliment than that.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I have never been more excited for a game in my 25 years of living. Literally never. Trailer was phenomenal, and I think the best yet.

This game is like if Kojima was able to peer into my mind and make something tailor-made for me. I can't believe I'll actually be playing this next Thursday.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
They appear slightly blurred to me but they also look the most realistic I've seen thus far. The shading and color is fantastic.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is being alerted about spoilers and here I'm like "I still don't understand what the fuck I watched"

Jun 4, 2018
That was a great trailer! It was almost like several of those smaller spotlight features stringed together, given we got a bit more focus on a few of the characters who didn't receive such treatment. So excited to see how it all comes together next week!

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She's got no pores. There's no detail in her skin. It looks like a Photoshop blur filter was placed over it.

Reedus seems to look pretty good, but Qualley and Seydoux's faces both seem to share a certain wax-y quality in this.

It's intentional.

Sam has pores:

EDIT: Also after rewatching the new trailer, there's a scene were fragile shows pores in her face too. Don't forget you're watching compressed footage.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
It's only the young women who have that plastic look. Everyone else has wrinkles, pores and imperfections. It shouldn't be a mystery why that's the case.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

We'll have to see Direct Feed.

Mortal Kombat 11 and Judgement look really bad on "online footage".

Yet on direct feed they look incredible because it's lots of finer details that get lost.

179502b0a67e7da6ccd98c264b4ac83f.jpg

c7dc0733343f74708bf9cd68c2c47e38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.