• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
People who have completed the game have said how spoilery that trailer is and certainly have context.
If it doesn't make any sense out of context... It's not a spoiler. Seeing "oh wow there's [thing] in this game" is not a spoiler, because you have no clue what the hell [thing] is or why it is significant. If it is only identifiable as a spoiler after you've already consumed the content, then by definition it isn't a spoiler. If, say, the 6th Harry Potter movie trailer showed Dumbledore getting killed, that's a spoiler. Seeing some trippy shit that you have no info about isn't a spoiler, even if the event shown is a huge deal in context. Spoilers are things that spoil an event, meaning that something pivotal was revealed to you enough that you know major story beats going in. What major story beats got revealed in the trailer, other than the "gotta reconnect murica" stuff we've seen time and time again?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda avoided everything about this game to not spoil myself but I am curious about one thing.
Is the game more traditional in terms of story telling than MGSV? As in, no big ass story drops via audio tapes and more cutscenes and such.
Has anyone who finished the game commented on that?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I kinda avoided everything about this game to not spoil myself but I am curious about one thing.
Is the game more traditional in terms of story telling than MGSV? As in, no big ass story drops via audio tapes and more cutscenes and such.
Has anyone who finished the game commented on that?
Kojima himself said MGSV was him trying a less story heavy approach and that Death Stranding will be more like a traditional Kojima game, so expect lots of cutscenes.

But from what I have heard the first half isn't story heavy, the 2nd half is when the story takes off

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
UnnKkTaPhTMvXgKmDg6JGX-320-80.jpg

The ironic part is people keep accusing Kojima of being pretentious or self serious when they themselves come off as pretentious asshats.

On point

The guy credited 20 people in the launch trailer: called pretentious....

Sigh....

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Present!

also haven't watched a full trailer for the game probably since closer to reveal. Small clips here and there but none of these hyped up trailers. Half of the fun with MGS1-4 (couldnt get far enough into V) were the batshit insane characters and presentation. Assuming the game is good, I just feel like it's best I go in blind. Recent twitter comments on the launch trailer indicate that it spoils a bit much, so I feel like I've made the right call.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Turns out the hype tweet from Peter Tieryas was deleted. Guess places like Digitally Downloaded making a big fuss about him breaking embargo being unfair made him delete it.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It hit me when listening to Higgs in the trailer. And i feel like an idiot for only now just realising this.

The five floating figures, aren't actual character like what we think. (like some kind of big bads, or such)

They're symbolic. The five spectres of death looming over us. Representing the five previous extinction events.

Technoxtic

Aug 30, 2019
Was watching the livestream and ten seconds into the trailer I shut the tab, had a feeling it would be too spoilery from that opening alone hahaha.

November 8th can't come soon enough!

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer was good. I have no doubts the story will be really interesting and thought provoking. Just waiting till Friday I guess to see if the gameplay will be compelling.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen enough about the game and developed some concerns so I'm not even tempted to watch it. I'll just give the game a whirl once it's out on PC.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was a damn good trailer!
I can't believe I spent all afternoon thinking maybe I shouldn't watch many people say it's too spoilery lol
There is some new info and great teases in there, but this is hype material not spoiler material ^^

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a damn good trailer!
I can't believe I spent all afternoon thinking maybe I shouldn't watch many people say it's too spoilery lol
There is some new info and great teases in there, but this is hype material not spoiler material ^^
Yup! I didn't feel spoiled at all. Just a couple cool new tidbits.

lol at the people in this thread lying about how this is the whole game and other posters believing them XD

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yup! I didn't feel spoiled at all. Just a couple cool new tidbits.

lol at the people in this thread lying about how this is the whole game and other posters believing them XD
Imo even the craziest shot of the trailer (you know the one) is not what it seems or even then its so out of context I cant make a definitive guess about what it truly means.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I dare to say the thread is going to be better than the game.

Lol yeah it's gonna be a thread we will talk about for years to come.

Honestly I can't tell if I'm gonna cave and buy this day 1 or wait a while. I'm gonna need to read some reviews for sure. And the MC score doesn't mean much to me. I hate a ton of 90+ games

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is no nobody going to say anything about what i said about the five figures ? 😭

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol yeah it's gonna be a thread we will talk about for years to come.

Honestly I can't tell if I'm gonna cave and buy this day 1 or wait a while. I'm gonna need to read some reviews for sure. And the MC score doesn't mean much to me. I hate a ton of 90+ games

I'm in the same boat. I'll definitely play it I just don't know when.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is no nobody going to say anything about what i said about the five figures ? 😭

People are just wary of any theories in case the person presenting them knows more than they're letting on, or they happen to be very accurate.

Like I could give some theories after watching the trailer but i'm pretty sure I would be veering into spoiler territory.

It's a good theory though, I didn't even make that connection.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat. I'll definitely play it I just don't know when.

Yeah. It's definitely looking like a audio and visual feast if nothing else.

I don't normally like to buy games day 1 unless it's something I'm super hyped for. The reviews could push me over the edge. I might just buy physical so I can return it if I don't like it.

Toshirou

May 9, 2018
Hm ? The GOW soundtrack was pretty average except for 1 or 2 tracks.

We can happily agree on Death Stranding though !
Oh, I thought the GoW OST was well received, it's been in my Spotify rotation since release, I absolutely love it.

On topic though, the Cliff theme is just bananas, as a synthwave fan it's perfection.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, I thought the GoW OST was well received, it's been in my Spotify rotation since release, I absolutely love it.

On topic though, the Cliff theme is just bananas, as a synthwave fan it's perfection.

It was nominated and received prizes so yes it was well received.

Status
Not open for further replies.