• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
If anybody is willing to buy the game on a separate New Zealand account to experience it sooner, I'm willing to pay $20 to play it on that account (No activation as primary).

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Well, I'm going to sleep now, and I'm excited and slightly scared about what I'm going to wake up to tomorrow, lol.

I expect that the review thread will pass 400 pages. Era, don't disappoint me.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Reviews dropping at 3am? Guess I'm waking up to the shitshow lol. Gonna be hard to concentrate at work..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
If it averages anything less than 94 Metacritic it's obviously the insidious work of Druckmann, claiming another victim.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely not that fussed by the reviews for this, but I get the feeling it's going to be very Marmite rather than outright "10/10" everywhere.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
i mean no review score will ever make me cancel my preorder

I dont have expectations about this game being good or bad, but I decided to pre-order (something I almost never do) because it looks interesting and fairly exquisite, so in a way I'm on that boat too.

I might hate it, but I'm definitely playing it

Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely want this game to review well and for people to enjoy it.

However, there is a dark part of my soul that would like to see something like a 73 MC score so I can witness all the meltdowns.

Personally I think it will review somewhere around 85-98.

Anyway, I''m not super interested in this game, but if it reviews really well I might jump in.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm genuinely not that fussed by the reviews for this, but I get the feeling it's going to be very Marmite rather than outright "10/10" everywhere.
I very much expect a wide gap between reviews because people will be in one of two sides of a spectrum.
- The actual game isn't the best
- This is art!

I knew this was gonna be divisive when I first saw a naked Norman Reedus hug a baby on a beach surrounded by dead fish.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
While we still are slightly sane, I just want Kojima to go full Kojima--good, bad, or indifferent. AAA gaming seems so fucking boring these days and I want a reason to expect newness.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Review basically states that all the confusing/weird stuff in the trailer is explained and makes sense in the actual game, so that's good to know.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
is this leaked 9/10 review real? (Maybe spoilers in the post)

anybody read finnish?
Screencap from the thread (no spoilers in english except a couple of gameplay screens of standing/carrying things):
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
People sometimes say Kojima needs an editor. I say, fuck that. He is the only guy left in this industry who could make a game like this with such a budget.

I will savor every last drop of this because who knows what the future holds.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I've loved most kojima games and a game about solitude/walking/exploring sounds extremely up my alley, so basically any single reviewer liking it and praising those elements is enough for me to commit to preordering.

Interested to see what everybody else says tomorrow though

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's going to be pretty much what I've said a few pages ago, it's something unique. That's why reviewers are confused as hell and don't even know what to expect from other outlets. Some will love it, others will hate it.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone has a track of how Pelaaja scored the last big games? Red Dead Redemption 2,God of War,Sekiro...?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's going to be pretty much what I've said a few pages ago, it's something unique. That's why reviewers are confused as hell and don't even know what to expect from other outlets. Some will love it, others will hate it.

I'd take a unique game over a safe game at this stage of the generation. We have plenty of plainly decent games.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My launch PlayStation broke last night, outer worlds was supposed to make the wait easier, now the wait for this is gonna be excruciating!

I have the DS PS4 pro preordered on amazon, so I guess I'll just go ahead and let it ship. You guys think it'll hold a decent value around this time next year? Looking into selling it around Ps5 launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.