• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koralsky

Oct 28, 2017
anyone comment on the Pro fan noise

i got a week to repaste

50+ hours and my Pro is quiet 95% of the time (playing at night with headphones or 5.1 surround system). I am using the newer CUH-7216B model ( CUH-7215B in North America). The fan noise was increasing a couple of times, but for a short period of time. I must add though that my Pro overall is very quiet and a HUGE upgrade in noise reduction compared to my original PS4.

d70DEATHSTRANDING201910.jpg

ffbDEATHSTRANDING201910.jpg

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So how many impressions do we have of the game on PS4 Slim? I'm getting a LG C9 OLED next week in time for it but I'm really hesitant to take the risk of buying another £300 jet engine just to play this one game (and CoD:MW/TLoU2 lol). If it's a locked 1080p with decent framerate then I can tolerate the lack of a higher resolution but if it's lower then I'll have to rethink what I play it on.
DF said it is solid, there will be another video that'll talk about it.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
50+ hours and my Pro is quiet 95% of the time (playing at night with headphones or 5.1 surround system). I am using the newer CUH-7216B model ( CUH-7215B in North America). The fan noise was increasing a couple of times, but for a short period of time. I must add though that my Pro overall is very quiet and a HUGE upgrade in noise reduction compared to my original PS4.

Game is stunning

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

Lordy has mersssay!!

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
After coming home and being able to properly read some of these reviews (both good and bad), I'm now more excited than ever to finally play it. It really sounds like something I'm really going to enjoy.

One week!

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital Foundry video is an absolute must-watch. My favorite video on the game I've seen today, by far.

Dec 6, 2017
US
A couple of non-spoilers direct-feed screens from my playthrough (PS4 Pro version) - https://www.resetera.com/threads/2019-console-screenshot-thread-read-rules-in-op.90673/post-26013425 and https://www.resetera.com/threads/2019-console-screenshot-thread-read-rules-in-op.90673/post-26032342

Again DS is the most polished "day-one" AAA open-world game and the gameplay is pure arcade madness when you have more tools at your disposal. Personally I can't stop playing the game and yeah, the online component is an excellent addition and very important part of the whole experience.

Wait, 'arcade madness' just made my ears perk up. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean? I've read so much incredibly varying opinions on the actual gameplay that I have no idea what to make of it.

Your arcade comment actually is one of the first gameplay descriptions that sounds awesome.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think this game is going to be some good shit once we all have our hands in it and meta-game and work together through the online component. Its going to be like how the community came together to "solve" PT.

We strand together, lads!

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The Digital Foundry video is an absolute must-watch. My favorite video on the game I've seen today, by far.
Nah, I've watched every single trailer Kojima made so far. I've preordered the special edition, I'm not watching anymore footage from this game until I play it myself. Even some video review I watch, I only hear the audio and not watching any footage

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I've watched every single trailer Kojima made so far. I've preordered the special edition, I'm not watching anymore footage from this game until I play it myself. Even some video review I watch, I only hear the audio and not watching any footage

Same here, seen enough, ready to go on the 8th.

Feb 4, 2018
The review thread and the reviews themselves were highly entertaining, but I got my fill and I just want the game in my hands now. Heather Alexandria and Tim Rogers got me really stoked to play it and see everything for myself. Haven't watched anything since the Ludens Fan trailer, lol. I'm expecting something messy but beautiful and absolutely worth the investment. I'm actually glad I have a wild week at work coming up because the wait is going to be hard.

Feb 4, 2018
Oh, has anyone had any experience preordering online from Best Buy and doing in-store pickup on release day? I tried to preorder at my local one and they said they weren't doing preorders for it (...........) so I did it that way instead. I'm hoping it gets there on time and I can pick it up at 9pm on Thursday. :(

Koralsky

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, 'arcade madness' just made my ears perk up. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean? I've read so much incredibly varying opinions on the actual gameplay that I have no idea what to make of it.

Your arcade comment actually is one of the first gameplay descriptions that sounds awesome.

I am answering you with a lot of NDA restrictions:
First, controlling Sam is a dream - it feels like an old-school arcade SEGA/Treasure game in 3D. The whole movement of Sam is not "realistic" as in RDR2, but faster and more arcadey. The input (actions), even at 30FPS feels very, very responsive.

Second, the rating at the end of every order is depending on quite a lot of criteria - how fast are you moving from a specific point to your next destination, what is the condition of your cargo, etc. In other words, you must act fast and clever at the same time (I am playing stealthy almost all the time).

In time you will have a lot of different tools at your disposal, so you can experiment and of course, you want to have S ranking as much as possible.

Again, I am missing on purpose-specific details about the gameplay, timing and whole arcade feeling, because I cannot talk freely until a later date (I am still preparing my review for non-English media). And this is a good thing - I can recommend to anyone who is day one with DS just to go radio silence until the release day. DS is a very, very special product and I expect almost anyone to have a specific/unique experience with the game. There are too many variables playing roles in DS, so it is a good idea to not count on any specific review (positive or negative) to give you the absolute feeling if this game is for you or not.

Dec 6, 2017
US
First, controlling Sam is a dream - it feels like an old-school arcade SEGA/Treasure game in 3D. The whole movement of Sam is not "realistic" as in RDR2, but faster and more arcadey. The input (actions), even at 30FPS feels very, very responsive.

Second, the rating at the end of every order is depending on quite a lot of criteria - how fast are you moving from a specific point to your next destination, what is the condition of your cargo, etc. In other words, you must act fast and clever at the same time (I am playing stealthy almost all the time).

In time you will have a lot of different tools at your disposal, so you can experiment and of course, you want to have S ranking as much as possible.

Again, I am missing on purpose-specific details about the gameplay, timing and whole arcade feeling, because I cannot talk freely until a later date (I am still preparing my review for non-English media). And this is a good thing - I can recommend to anyone who is day one with DS just to go radio silence until the release day. DS is a very, very special product and I expect almost anyone to have a specific/unique experience with the game. There are too many variables playing roles in DS, so it is a good idea to not count on any specific review (positive or negative) to give you the absolute feeling if this game is for you or not.

Hey thanks a lot for your input!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I watched Tim Rogers' video yesterday plus read a lot of pull quotes from the review thread but Heather Alexandra's review is the first whole text review I just read -- has me a lot more interested in the game now. Her descriptions of how the social building elements evolve as you progress sounds like nothing I've seen in a game before, can't wait to experience it.

I plan on approaching this with as zen an attitude as I can muster, treating the journey as a meditative hiking sim and trying to contribute to the building aspect as much as possible to help others' travels as well as my own. Just trying to focus on the moment to moment trek seems like the best way to appreciate this rather than trying to rush through it.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

Should be listed in the review thread...Tks for this!
One last question, can you answer if you are ever able to handle Sam masterfully enough to not trip or fall down hills anymore? Either through skill or items?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So in the Beyond podcast they talked about a mini cutscene playing everytime you encounter BTs, is there really no way to turn it off or skip it?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting fact: Earlier today I was in conversation with a friend and he told me about knots - that it is a "tool invented by man to control his environment."

I guess that's why the cities are referred to as knots.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Read a few reviews, but didn't see any mention of character/abilities progression further than what we already have seen (bikes, trucks, tools).

Was this touched upon in any of the reviews? Im hoping that what we have seen is just a snippet and things will expand and we get a ton more options as we progress.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Read a few reviews, but didn't see any mention of character/abilities progression further than what we already have seen (bikes, trucks, tools).

Was this touched upon in any of the reviews? Im hoping that what we have seen is just a snippet and things will expand and we get a ton more options as we progress.

pretty much everything in the game has better versions so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.