• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
So,I watched that Mads film Arctic last night and the part where he was struggling and failing to pull the sledge up that hill.....I was thinking,yea...that's gonna be me in Death Stranding in a few days,lol.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Setting myself a target of getting the platinum trophy before the game officially launches... I'm so close yet so, so far!

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
is it possible to finish all side quests after finishing main story or some of them actually do get locked if you ignore them and so on?

ALSO: Is everything from trailers in the game?

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I saw it on my commute, there were some brief shots of cutscenes that we haven't seen, I recommend it but watch it like I did, on my phone and when it got spoilery I glanced away

Thanks for explaining it that way, very kind of you!

Do we know about the framerate and image quality on PS4, and is there a photo mode?

Framerate is 30fps and 1080p base PS4. Pro is 30fps with 2160p checkerboard.
From what I've seen online there's no photo mode at present but I could be wrong!

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
Thanks for explaining it that way, very kind of you!

Framerate is 30fps and 1080p base PS4. Pro is 30fps with 2160p checkerboard.
From what I've seen online there's no photo mode at present but I could be wrong!
Only heard good things about the base PS4 version. I'm on Pro but I've heard that the base PS4 performs and looks great.
Perfect, thanks for the info! Hope you'll all enjoy the game when it releases :)

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Has the back of the steelbook been showned already? Checked 2 unboxing vids and they only show the front cover of the steelbook

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the psn preorder theme already out? I bought the game and went to the preload section and when I came back I cant find it anywhere. Did I fuck up somehow?

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
7 AM on the 7th? Are they gonna livestream untill release? That would be quite some air time ^^
Indeed, I wonder about that. What could the content be? Are they just gonna spoil the heck out of the game? Or are they gonna talk for an hour and then literally put up a countdown and some music, or just end the stream x hours before the actual launch. I personally would like to see a 12 hour marathon Nidhogg session between Keighley and Kojima, deciding once and for all who the the real gaming pope is.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to get the physical copy on Thursday?
I've been told it happens sometimes with Amazon. It's my first time ordering physical on amazon for a day one, so I sure hope it's gonna be the case with DS, especially with the day one patch already out

Also asking here too, has the back of the steelbook been shown anywhere already? The unboxings I checked only show the front

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Has any reviews talked about void-outs and how they affect the landscape? Are they scripted events or dynamic consequences?

De-mon

Oct 27, 2017
Not mine. Alternate cover.

112dj11.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Does DS unlock at midnight GMT? It should, right? Spider-Man and RDR2 did for me so this is a no-brainer, yeh?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are currently the best deals on pre-orders? Haven't decided yet to go Amazon or Best Buy, or if someone else has a better discount/deal for launch day.

Sep 28, 2019
what i dont get - but maybe my mind is too much ivolved with gerneral Logic - how will the delivery of a couple Boxes and cases actually help anyone? I assume that during the whole story of the game you will deliver ,lets be generous, maybe 50 ³m of Stuff. . .

How on earth will that help any starving City or whatever.. makes no sense to me..

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
what i dont get - but maybe my mind is too much ivolved with gerneral Logic - how will the delivery of a couple Boxes and cases actually help anyone? I assume that during the whole story of the game you will deliver ,lets be generous, maybe 50 ³m of Stuff. . .

How on earth will that help any starving City or whatever.. makes no sense to me..
You aren't the only one taking supplies around, but I believe you're the only one bringing the chiral network back online which then allows communication 3d printing and such

Sep 28, 2019
You aren't the only one taking supplies around, but I believe you're the only one bringing the chiral network back online which then allows communication 3d printing and such
so its instead about make connections rather than actually delivering stuff. But off course if you anyway go that way you also could take a Box or two with you , right.,.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
So any news on how difficulty settings affect the game?
I can't find anything about it...

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
so its instead about make connections rather than actually delivering stuff. But off course if you anyway go that way you also could take a Box or two with you , right.,.
Yeah pretty much. Once you've turned the network back on it's easier for other people to take stuff after you and for the isolated communities to make their own things.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
So any news on how difficulty settings affect the game?
I can't find anything about it...

I just came here to ask about this. Also the above question about how void outs affect the environment is something I want to know. All reviews mention void outs happen and you don't want them but not one actually says why.

so is there a difficulty option and what does it change? Is this info part of the embargoed info?

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah pretty much. Once you've turned the network back on it's easier for other people to take stuff after you and for the isolated communities to make their own things.

The point of making deliveries could also be to gain their trust, they are sort of bunkered underground and too afraid to come out, you only see their holo"grams" greet you. Even after bringing their terminals online, they would still have no incentive to leave their bunkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.