• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Julien Chièze spent hours building roads and stuff to help others players even though he had already finished the game

But there is no 'game' incentive to do so? Hmm i would have though that once you finish the game some meta game would start where you "rebuild USA" while existing camps get attacked or whatever. The system lends itselfs perfectly for it i would imagine. Bit of a bummer.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I find it mildly amusing people are fretting over Amazon deliveries over a game revolving around deliveries being made.

Maybe its just me personally but can't wait for this. I really enjoy just walkimg around and taking in the enviroments as much hate as Andromeda got just walking through each of the planets regions and that sense of awe in a sci fi setting was great. No Man Sky used to be my chill out sim but that has far too much busy work now. Hope this can be that for me.

Greg Miller called DS a cross between No Mans Sky and Metal Gear (in his opinion) which sounds right up my alley tbh!

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know how many there are?
It's hard to say, the specifics seem rather embargoed and the people use the term fluidly for a bunch of scenarios. I can vaguely recall hearing people say depending on how you define it it's at least four. What I can say for sure is that people are not necessarily impressed by the mechanics.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone order from Amazon and get a "delivery date pending" message?

I only ordered today as I was waiting on some credit and they can't guarantee release date delivery now? Seriously considering cancelling and just going to Walmart to grab it....

I'm in the same boat. I will wait to see, but if it won't get here on Friday I'll cancel and go to Target.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
There are so many threads about this game that I dont remember where someone posted a link to a review from a film director or something like that, and said that the review was spoiler free. That thing is full of details for both story and gameplay mechanics. I got spoiled at something that happens in the end of the game (gameplay, not story). Fuck fuck fuck

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played a game since RE2. Need this shit right now. Where's the best place to order in the UK for the chance of delivery on Thursday?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I find it mildly amusing people are fretting over Amazon deliveries over a game revolving around deliveries being made.
I know lol, I keep imagining a Porter walking through France wasteland with my copy on his back. Currently working on creating a hologram of myself to properly greet him when he arrives

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Helping people and connect to your fellow gamer
Never played or got interested with Minecraft, but isn't DS endgame kinda comparable in the sense that you build and explore just for the sake of it because you enjoy it?
From Julien Chieze review, the way he describes (while spoiling a craftable item that wasn't shown at all in promotional material, Thanks Julien :( ) the endgame seems very comparable to this, like you build and make better ways for the routes you initially passed without help, and then there is also the scoring system, where I saw that takin a new route counts in your score, and also the time difference between you new route and the shortest route possible. Seems like missions are highly replayable as your buildings and new stuff are taken into account when replaying missions, and simply creating new routes and transportation systems in the world map seems to be quite fun and serviceable for people still playing :)
Damn OT is up lol, I'm gonna miss this thread!

Oct 27, 2017
Never played or got interested with Minecraft, but isn't DS endgame kinda comparable in the sense that you build and explore just for the sake of it because you enjoy it?
From Julien Chieze review, the way he describes (while spoiling a craftable item that wasn't shown at all in promotional material, Thanks Julien :( ) the endgame seems very comparable to this, like you build and make better ways for the routes you initially passed without help, and then there is also the scoring system, where I saw that takin a new route counts in your score, and also the time difference between you new route and the shortest route possible. Seems like missions are highly replayable as your buildings and new stuff are taken into account when replaying missions, and simply creating new routes and transportation systems in the world map seems to be quite fun and serviceable for people still playing :)
Some reviewers have compared it with Minecraft or said it could appeal to Minecraft players

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's hard to say, the specifics seem rather embargoed and the people use the term fluidly for a bunch of scenarios. I can vaguely recall hearing people say depending on how you define it it's at least four. What I can say for sure is that people are not necessarily impressed by the mechanics.

I hope there's more than 4. Was my biggest gripe with MGSV was the lack of them over such a long game...

I miss MGS1-3 era Kojima bosses.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Some reviewers have compared it with Minecraft or said it could appeal to Minecraft players
Yeah the review I talked about explicitly made the comparison, I can see it since we know already that by the endgame there is a lot of different stuff to build and traversal options to make, could be reallt fun and creative, especially since you'll be building your stuff just for shit and giggles or replaying you missions to have better scores, but at the same time you'll get appreciation from players who use your stuff to complete their missions for the first time. I can definitely see the endgame becoming a streaming community where people build shit together and create ways to play or even invent rules to play while streaming and asynchronusly play with oher streamers

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Just saw a video of 4 reviewers talking about the game, its pros and cons, I'm hyped as hell

Can't wait to see what people created to help each other

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hardly ever buy a game day one but this is so tempting. Won't be able to touch a console till 16th Nov anyway. :(
Hope some used copy are there till then

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question. And please be brutally honest with me.

I've not got a lot of money. But i'm still thinking about getting a digital copy of the game (on top of my CE) not because of playing it at midnight, but because i want to save wear of my disc drive.

So how dumb am i ?

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Annnnnnd just like that, my dumb ass left my PlayStation at home and forgot to pack it before I hit the airport.

🤦🏿‍♂️

Now I have to wait until Sunday night to play when I get back in the states

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I've not got a lot of money. But i'm still thinking about getting a digital copy of the game (on top of my CE) not because of playing it at midnight, but because i want to save wear of my disc drive.

So how dumb am i ?
Pretty silly!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So how dumb am i ?
The disc is meant to be used. If you're not keeping that CE entirely sealed for resell reasons, don't buy another copy friend.

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

So how dumb am i ?
Can also sell the disc to a friend. I bought digital but still wanted the CE, and I was gonna sell the physical to a friend for $50. I ended up paying medical bills instead and my friend doesnt get the discount now. But that's one way to do it.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

So how dumb am i ?
I would honestly just wait a few more hours.

I know it's tempting, but I would save that extra $60 for something else.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Hmmm this is an interesting end game scenario. Could add a lot of life to the gameplay after you finish.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
7zfycHf.png

Rooster Teeth's/Inside Gaming's Alannah Pierce got this card from a press kit. From Kojima Productions themselves.

The Death Stranding Reddit Discord posted the following image, trying to figure out this puzzle from the press kit:

image0-1.jpg

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018

So how dumb am i ?
I would just get Fallen Order instead of spending money on the same game twice.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Lmao oh dear, this is pretty bad. Collectors Edition isn't arriving until the 13th so realised I needed to buy it again to be able to play on release. So popped open the PSN store and went to buy the Digital Deluxe and couldn't. Just kept coming up with the countdown to release. Then realised and checked my emails and yep - preordered it back in May lol.

Glad I went digital to check instead of just ordering the Higgs amazing edition that I'd thought to. Miss out on that sleeve but I think buying it twice is enough for now, especially as mentally it feels like only once lol.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder we have a Kojirpo community thread. If people want to go there. When this place gets locked.
The disc is meant to be used. If you're not keeping that CE entirely sealed for resell reasons, don't buy another copy friend.
Can also sell the disc to a friend. I bought digital but still wanted the CE, and I was gonna sell the physical to a friend for $50. I ended up paying medical bills instead and my friend doesnt get the discount now. But that's one way to do it.
I would honestly just wait a few more hours.

I know it's tempting, but I would save that extra $60 for something else.
Thanks guys.
I would just get Fallen Order instead of spending money on the same game twice.
I already got that pre-ordered. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.