• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Death Stranding Minimum File size is 55~ GB
  • OP
    OP
    Lannisters1798
    Apr 27, 2018
    Thanks to ResetEra user vestan, we finally know the minimum size of Death Stranding.

DEATH STRANDING's file size is 55~ GB

6382666cv15d.jpg

59e9HmC.png

Regarding the Giant Bomb situation
  • OP
    OP
    Lannisters1798
    Apr 27, 2018
    I wake up to people discussing about the Giant Bomb discussion. Who cares what Dan thinks. From what I heard, he hates realistic mechanics in games for some apparent reason. Was evident from the Metro gameplay from the other thread.

He is acting like a five year old child, who doesn't get what he wants. I wouldn't take his opinion as the gospel, even though the game isn't for everybody.

Last edited:
    Death Stranding Spoiler Free Leak impressions
  • OP
    OP
    Lannisters1798
    Apr 27, 2018
    I'm just gonna put everything under one big mega post since I've been posting 'em in this thread over the past few hours but I understand not everyone caught em. Take these however you want but they aren't the end all, be all. I'd still wait for reviews.

Reminder this is all [Spoiler-Free]

Regarding killing enemies:
    If you kill an enemy, 48 hours after death they'll go into necrosis and after that they will voidout, making a fresh BT and a crater. This applies to any enemy that is killed with a gun meaning if you kill an enemy, you HAVE to dispose of their body by taking them to Chiral Crematoriums located high in the mountains and burn their body. The reason they're so high up is because Chiral Smoke is dangerous to go over a city which can cause Timefall.

Mr. Throwaway Impressions #1:
    Things happen in Skyrim, BoTW, RDR2 and HZD during your travels. Not much here though. My general impressions: I like the story, visuals and music, basically the whole package outside of the gameplay. Is it an acquired taste? Maybe, but I don't think so. There's only so much walking before it gets old. Motorcycle is cool, I love it but the terrain is not friendly for it

Mr. Throwaway Impressions #2

There are some good memorable missions early on, deliveries that show a connection between people. He liked it a lot. Gameplay might either be your cup of tea or something you hate entirely, depending on what exactly you were expecting with this game. He wasn't expecting much outside of hours of walking, he was right that it's pretty much what you do and thus it doesn't really appeal to him much.

I asked what Mr. Throwaway thought of the gameplay and he had this to say:

It felt tedious. Sam hitches up on a lot of tiny rocks so it breaks the flow here and there, but it's cool to set up ladders and use ropes. Even more cool to see stuff left by people. The walking makes it tedious, timefall are essentially the stealth moments, a lot of the time ur screwed if ur driving cause the weather damages it.

Shirrako Impressions #1
    received_2524745510947014.jpeg

received_2631442656917123.jpeg

received_2672772186076692.jpeg

Mr. Throwaway Impressions #3
    I wouldn't say the gameplay is the issue. It's the extensive padding done with the walking.

Shirrako Impressions #2
    Ajbgm1F.png

gIOST9D.png

Iqkj8C1.png

Shirrako Impressions #3
    - Pacing is way off. The story is interesting but there's too many gaps in-between. If you don't play this game often you'll forget what happened before the next cutscene happens. Death Stranding is basically 1 hour of cool shit but 4 hours of delivering packages to NPCs
    - Open-world is more interesting than MGSV but it has the same drawbacks
    - It's fun when you explore new land but when the game asks you to drive back 5km just to deliver a package to a place you've been to before you're like "fuck off"
    - All the safe houses look exactly the same, they have the same exact building you enter to connect and all the resting spots are 100% copy and pasted, they're all the same
    - The start of the game is a bit of a chore at some times
    - The game is not as good as RDR2 or God of War, but it's different. The focus is cooperation and exploration. If you're expecting a third person stealth action game then you're gonna want to refund.

Regarding Side Missions:
    Side missions get forced onto you as part of the story

Spoiler free Impressions for Death Stranding
  • vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
    Dec 28, 2017
    Posted this in the other thread but I think you guys should know too

Regarding Side Missions:

[Spoiler-Free]

Death Stranding More spoiler free leak impressions
  • vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
    Dec 28, 2017
    How many different impressions have leaked? Genuine question. Have there been enough to write the game off this early?
    I'm just gonna put everything under one big mega post since I've been posting 'em in this thread over the past few hours but I understand not everyone caught em. Take these however you want but they aren't the end all, be all. I'd still wait for reviews.

Reminder this is all [Spoiler-Free]. The person who I got these impressions from wants to remain anonymous so you just have to take me by my word. If you want, you can ask Lannisters1798 if this is legit, he'll back me up.

Regarding killing enemies:
    If you kill an enemy, 48 hours after death they'll go into necrosis and after that they will voidout, making a fresh BT and a crater. This applies to any enemy that is killed with a gun meaning if you kill an enemy, you HAVE to dispose of their body by taking them to Chiral Crematoriums located high in the mountains and burn their body. The reason they're so high up is because Chiral Smoke is dangerous to go over a city which can cause Timefall.

Impressions #1:
    Things happen in Skyrim, BoTW, RDR2 and HZD during your travels. Not much here though. My general impressions: I like the story, visuals and music, basically the whole package outside of the gameplay. Is it an acquired taste? Maybe, but I don't think so. There's only so much walking before it gets old. Motorcycle is cool, I love it but the terrain is not friendly for it

Impressions #2

There are some good memorable missions early on, deliveries that show a connection between people. He liked it a lot. Gameplay might either be your cup of tea or something you hate entirely, depending on what exactly you were expecting with this game. He wasn't expecting much outside of hours of walking, he was right that it's pretty much what you do and thus it doesn't really appeal to him much.

Some more on the general gameplay loop:

It felt tedious. Sam hitches up on a lot of tiny rocks so it breaks the flow here and there, but it's cool to set up ladders and use ropes. Even more cool to see stuff left by people. The walking makes it tedious, timefall are essentially the stealth moments, a lot of the time ur screwed if ur driving cause the weather damages it.

Shirrako Impressions #1
    received_2524745510947014.jpeg

received_2631442656917123.jpeg

received_2672772186076692.jpeg

Impressions #3
    I wouldn't say the gameplay is the issue. It's the extensive padding done with the walking.

Shirrako Impressions #2
    Ajbgm1F.png

gIOST9D.png

Iqkj8C1.png

Shirrako Impressions #3
    - Pacing is way off. The story is interesting but there's too many gaps in-between. If you don't play this game often you'll forget what happened before the next cutscene happens. Death Stranding is basically 1 hour of cool shit but 4 hours of delivering packages to NPCs
    - Open-world is more interesting than MGSV but it has the same drawbacks
    - It's fun when you explore new land but when the game asks you to drive back 5km just to deliver a package to a place you've been to before you're like "fuck off"
    - All the safe houses look exactly the same, they have the same exact building you enter to connect and all the resting spots are 100% copy and pasted, they're all the same
    - The start of the game is a bit of a chore at some times
    - The game is not as good as RDR2 or God of War, but it's different. The focus is cooperation and exploration. If you're expecting a third person stealth action game then you're gonna want to refund.

Regarding Side Missions:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.