• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it will not. That is a segment for conan's own show.
plLd7KF.gif

I don't think this necessarily means no Death Stranding at TGA.
It will be there. They're just jumping to conclusions without any basis.

Oct 27, 2017
There was a leak from two years from someone who worked on Deltoro's team. And laid out virtually everything about the game (plot wise) and production.

I'm about to go out for a walk. I can post the leak when i get back in a couple of hours. If you would like to see it.
The whole plot ? No i'm good thanks

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure a trailer for DS wont be there.

'Some stuff you're expecting wont be there. They cant give you a trailer every year'

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Sidenote: if the OT for this game isn't Death Stranding: |OT| A Hideo Kojima Thread I quit.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I wonder how will marketing campaign for DS look like and how Sony plans to sell it...besides "game by H.Kojima"...i dunno,i am a bit skeptical.
A lot will depend on reviews i guess.

Oct 26, 2017
The 4Chan True-Leak™ Is (as far as i'm concerned) 100% true. It's only gotten more accurate as time goes by.

I don't get that at all to be honest, an avid follower of Kojima's twitter account could have written that.
Maybe it does turn out to be a game where you play a 'predator type' but it's hardly looking like it so far.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jun 4, 2018
Norman Reedus said that he believes the game will be out early next year... Details on Sam as well. Possible spoilers: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStran...foglers_podcast_with_norman_reedus_interview/

Dan: ...Tell me about this video game.

Norman: Death Stranding?

D: Yeah.

N: Oh, it's nuts.

D: You showed me a trailer for it and it just blew my mind, man. So it's all motion capture, obviously.

N: It is, yeah.

D: Do you like doing that?

N: I've never done the kind that I'm doing on this, this is a whole 'nother level, and I've been in a lot of video games, but nothing like this. And Guillermo Del Toro, he just wrote me - he and Hideo and I were supposed to do a different game, and that game kinda fell apart, because Hideo and that company kinda fell apart. It was Kojima and Konami, they kinda broke up in Japan and Sony picked up Hideo and he started his own thing at Sony. So we started this other one, Guillermo is like, "You should do this," I was like "What is it?", he was like "You should do this." Then I met Hideo, he took me to the Video Game Music Awards, right. And he comes walking down the steps, and the steps are lighting up underneath him, y'know, he's like "I'm back!", and then 10,000 grown men, with tears in their eyes, are screaming like Elvis just walked in, and I'm like "Who the fuck is this guy?" He's like a genius, and then you talk to him and you're like "Oh, you are a genius." He would actually be great to direct with movies because you'll say "Y'know, maybe I should do it over here, like this?" and he'll go, "Hmm, why don't you add this on top of it?" So he doesn't go "No, no, no, I see it that way," whatever you bring to him, he just adds a couple more ingredients. He goes "Well, try that then," and you're like, it's even greater.

D: Wow, that's like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, man.

N: Yeah, his explanations of stuff, the way his mind works, he's the real deal genius for sure.

D: So can you talk about the theme of the video game? Like what's the storyline, can you talk about any of that or what kinda character you play?

N: It's not the kinda game where you kill everybody in the room. It's a game of bringing people together. How you play it, is you're building bridges from here to there, and other people are doing the same, and you connect, and the character that I play is, he's got this phobia of being touched, and as you play the game the phobia leaves you. It's complicated but once you're in it, it doesn't seem as complicated. It's constantly surprising you with decisions left and right, and what comes at you, and it's a real brave game. It's visually stunning, and the story behind it, it's a whole 'nother level, y'know. It's not Pac-Man, it's not simple, but the philosophy behind it is one that everybody can get.

D: When is it available, it's still in development?

N: I think it's gonna be early this coming year, I have three more [mocap] sessions here in New York starting next week.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Norman Reedus said that he believes the game will be out early next year... Details on Sam as well. Possible spoilers: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStran...foglers_podcast_with_norman_reedus_interview/

D: You showed me a trailer for it and it just blew my mind, man. So it's all motion capture, obviously.

N: I've never done the kind that I'm doing on this, this is a whole 'nother level, and I've been in a lot of video games, but nothing like this. And Guillermo Del Toro, he just wrote me - he and Hideo and I were supposed to do a different game, and that game kinda fell apart, because Hideo and that company kinda fell apart. It was Kojima and Konami, they kinda broke up in Japan and Sony picked up Hideo and he started his own thing at Sony. So we started this other one, Guillermo is like, "You should do this," I was like "What is it?", he was like "You should do this." Then I met Hideo, he took me to the Video Game Music Awards, right. And he comes walking down the steps, and the steps are lighting up underneath him, y'know, he's like "I'm back!", and then 10,000 grown men, with tears in their eyes, are screaming like Elvis just walked in, and I'm like "Who the fuck is this guy?" He's like a genius, and then you talk to him and you're like "Oh, you are a genius." He would actually be great to direct with movies because you'll say "Y'know, maybe I should do it over here, like this?" and he'll go, "Hmm, why don't you add this on top of it?" So he doesn't go "No, no, no, I see it that way," whatever you bring to him, he just adds a couple more ingredients. He goes "Well, try that then," and you're like, it's even greater.

N: Yeah, his explanations of stuff, the way his mind works, he's the real deal genius for sure.

D: So can you talk about the theme of the video game? Like what's the storyline, can you talk about any of that or what kinda character you play?

N: It's not the kinda game where you kill everybody in the room. It's a game of bringing people together. How you play it, is you're building bridges from here to there, and other people are doing the same, and you connect, and the character that I play is, he's got this phobia of being touched, and as you play the game the phobia leaves you. It's complicated but once you're in it, it doesn't seem as complicated. It's constantly surprising you with decisions left and right, and what comes at you, and it's a real brave game. It's visually stunning, and the story behind it, it's a whole 'nother level, y'know. It's not Pac-Man, it's not simple, but the philosophy behind it is one that everybody can get.

N: I think it's gonna be early this coming year, I have three more [mocap] sessions here in New York starting next week.
Sure.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Yeah I wish I had the receipts to show you, but I remember following that leaker intently back when it was first a thing (on GAF) and there were more "leaks" that the guy revealed, and I remember one of them was that. Preposterous.

Still, even with the information we do have, that leak is bunk- it doesn't mention the traversal or the carrying of packages that seem important to the games design philosophy. The actors I imagine this "leaker" got right based on Kojima's social media activity.

Feb 4, 2018

If he's right, we're gonna see something huge tonight. Also the phobia thing is new and exciting, dang.

There's no way that "leak" is real, that guy later went on to say the theme of the game is Kojima believes the Nazis were right, lol.
Wtf!??!????? I never got that far in the "leak," that's so messed up. I highly doubt Kojima would make a game about bringing people together and then pull that crap lol.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf!??!????? I never got that far in the "leak," that's so messed up. I highly doubt Kojima would make a game about bringing people together and then pull that crap lol.

Yeah, there's no way he'd go in that direction. He did an interview with Glixel last year and said this about the current political climate in America

In an interview with Glixel, Kojima was asked about the current political climate, and whether it troubles him. He responded by saying, "It's important to talk about the world we're in now, so you can show your children what kind of world awaits you, or what kind of world we should make."

He continued: "I'm definitely interested in what's happening in politics now, especially in America. With politics moving to the right, I'm afraid of this kind of movement in America."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hideo-kojima-is-afraid-of-political-climate-in-ame/1100-6447527/

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

A phobia of being touched? An allergy? Building bridges? All contributing to building bridges? There goes the online aspect of the game. All players are Sam clones or rebirths of him trying to connect the world.

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, there's no way he'd go in that direction. He did an interview with Glixel last year and said this about the current political climate in America

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hideo-kojima-is-afraid-of-political-climate-in-ame/1100-6447527/
Awwww, Kojima's a good dude and he's spot on about our political climate. Happy to hear that he's staying informed about what's going on in the US politically, since DS seems to take place here.

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhh. From the way it's written gives it that real feel. To me.

The two things in its favour are Lindsey Wagner as being the first woman on the list, and the fact that Kojima Productions tweeted about this 4chan leak laughing about it, which was a bit unusual.
The Nazi stuff posted above, I associate that with the rumour too but to be honest I have no way of knowing if that was really the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.