• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1560582525096951810

Welcome, Porters! Today, we at Kojima Productions and 505 Games are incredibly excited to announce that Death Stranding is launching August 23 with PC Game Pass. Keep your eyes on @XboxGamePassPC Twitter for updates exactly when you can play, as well as the official 505 Games and Kojima Productions social media channels.

Summary

• Kojima Productions and 505 Games are incredibly excited to announce that Death Stranding is launching August 23 with PC Game Pass.
  • The genre-defying open world action-adventure game stars Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux, and Lindsay Wagner.
  • Windows 10/11 PC gamers can expect such features as ultrawide mode, photo mode, high frame rate, and cross-over content from some very well-known franchises.
news.xbox.com

Tomorrow Is in Your Hands: Death Stranding Available August 23 with PC Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Welcome, Porters! Today, we at Kojima Productions and 505 Games are incredibly excited to announce that Death Stranding is launching August 23 with PC Game Pass. Keep your eyes on @XboxGamePassPC Twitter for updates exactly when you can play, as well as the official 505 Games and Kojima...
DS_PC_02-dfa90d9181f7c0ad3f4a.jpg

DS_PC_01-c9b12dd7ab996de7c9c3.jpg

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
What a weird timeline. A game once was a sony exclusive and made with sony money coming to PC and for XBOX game pass owners

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Enjoy this game peeps, it's bonkers and absolutely amazing.
Quick question: was there any "crossplay" between PC and PS4/5 when it comes to the social online aspects?

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
I can't stand Death Stranding but this is hilarious regardless. I'm guessing there are some licensing shenanigans preventing a Xbox release?

Edit: oh, Sony straight up owns the IP lol

Last edited:

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
For anyone who hasn't tried it yet, it's worth it. I had massive doubts about the game Thought gameplay looked boring but it's now one of my favourite games.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand Death Stranding but this is hilarious regardless. I'm guessing there are some licensing shenanigans preventing a Xbox release?
The fact that it's a Sony owned and published game. They allowed 505 Games to publish it on PC before their PC initiative was in full swing. No chance they'd do that on Xbox.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
remember where you came from Kojima, now you're just an enemy of ps

good get, amazing game

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't tell me that's the Kojima game that was rumored to become a Game Pass title.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Sony are really going to stop letting anyone use 3rd party publishers from now on surely lol MLB and now this.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Naaaa still looks like Starfield.

Finally with achievements, maybe this time around i will play it more than original 3-4 hours on ps4 pro

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Very Hard Mode was a Director's Cut exclusive right?

I'm going to guess this is the DC version but they can't call it that for reasons?

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish there was some voodoo hoochie coochie magic to transfer my PS4 save because that is a game you do NOT want to start over with. Progressing through all the things made everyone so mad is what makes that game special, but MAN IT'S ROUGH.

Wish there was a "Hey I played this when it came out, let's fast forward to the fun!" mode but that might miss the point.

A truly unforgettable experience nonetheless. My GOTY that year, Kojima and Shinkawa with the looks are da GOAT.

Jun 20, 2021
This is legit wild. A first(ish) party PlayStation console exclusive coming to Microsoft's subscription platform. PlayStation games on Xbox platforms via the backdoor.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Promoting this with Xbox logo everywhere feels weird to me, PC Game Pass should have its own logo.

If there are PC folks who still haven't played it, you should absolutely start this masterpiece.