• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Todays Death Stranding trailer has now become the fastest viewed and liked video game trailer of 2019, surpassing the early metrics set by Star Wars Fallen Jedi.

I'm only including the official PlayStation channels in this figure and not uploads from other sources. The main Playstation channel + Japan + Europe

Early metrics for tracking are absurd. Perhaps most impressive of all the trailer is also about to Pass 200k likes which is insane.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad this game is niche. Not going to sell at all.

Walking sim. Movie game. Generic gameplay.

I'll wait for a real game like Dreams.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Benji Do you think that this and Fallen Order will cannibalize each other? They're releasing 5 days apart from each other
Days Gone and MK11 released near other and that went fine, Death Stranding will be bigger than Days Gone, it's also still unsure how much faith people have in Star Wars games anymore after the last two.

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It took the Final Fantasy 7 Remake State of Play trailer 2 weeks to reach 2.5 million views

Death Stranding will pass it in 1 Day

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeehaawww.

Whether or not the game is good, it is a phenomenally built trailer. Which is hard to do when stretched to 9 minutes.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
"Kojima is overated and this walking simulator is cynical".

oh....

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Had no idea you were back posting here, welcome back Benji:>

It's one of the most hyped games of the year so I am honestly not that surprised it's highly viewed.. but yea 2M in this short time is pretty massive, Kojima+weird shit+sony exclusive that's gonna generate a lot of hype

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Todays Death Stranding trailer has now become the fastest viewed and liked video game trailer of 2019, surpassing the early metrics set by Star Wars Fallen Jedi.

Do you have an actual source for this?

Because news sites are going to pick up this as a story with a title like this.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have an actual source for this?

Because news sites are going to pick up this as a story with a title like this.

I track all the major trailers main channel uploads. Star Wars Fallen Jedi was the fastest viewed trailer previously hitting 2 million views in about 12 hours and 3 million in 24

If you don't think I'm a credible source I guess feel free to close it

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are Nintendo's Direct videos included in this? They are always very quick at generating interest. Hell the one just for Joker in Smash blew past this view count in a similar time IIRC.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy hell! I don't think this'll sell on the level of uncharted but I could be wrong based on these metrics insane

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
But this is before the next TLOUP2 trailer and whatever comes out of E3. Pokemon, Jedi, and maybe Halo could beat this record. I remember the Watch Dogs 2 reveal was an ad that had millions of views. COD could reach that too.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
It's an amazing trailer that tells us a lot honestly. Very happy with the story direction, it's very cool

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
I think its becuase whatever that trailer was made more sense than the ending of Game of Thrones.

Too Early?

Status
Not open for further replies.